Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yeah, whether you have individual alerts set or not the main Alerts Settings Menu will let you switch between having vibe or not. The global vibe and individual vibe settings (in the configuration section) will only be active if you have activated vibe in the Alert Settings Menu. I hope that makes sense.
    Yeah, I think I get how it works now -- thanks again for the info. Will definitely look forward to beta-testing your app if I decide to take the 800w plunge in the next few days.
    how do you set up to only recieve vibration and display alerts for SMS and calendar reminders? Also, I cannot get the email reminders to stop giving me a notification. How can I make it so my reminders pop a buble to the screen so I know that I got a page or to get to a meeting with out pressing extra buttons?
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by darylrue View Post
    how do you set up to only recieve vibration and display alerts for SMS and calendar reminders? Also, I cannot get the email reminders to stop giving me a notification. How can I make it so my reminders pop a buble to the screen so I know that I got a page or to get to a meeting with out pressing extra buttons?
    Just so you understand, TreoAlerts currently only controls the LED and reminder sounds and vibes. The inital alert is still controlled by the OS via Sounds & Notifications. TreoAlerts also displays what events have been missed either in the carrier line or in the Billboard plugin (see current issues however).

Having said that you can configure which events TreoAlerts monitors in Configuration->Alerts Configuration->Configure Events.
  4.    #144  
    hehe, I wrote a cool little multivibe proggy last night that can do any kind of vibe style imaginable.

I had fun playing with it. Had to work around some driver issues where it stops vibrating after 1 second whether you told it to stay on longer or not. Working great.

I did put in some max values as a safeguard. You can't set the vibe to stay on for more than 10 seconds in any single parameter. I doubt anyone would want to go over 1 second in reality without pausing in between vibes. I wonder how much it would take to burn out buzzer. heh, a 10 second vibe would be a really huge battery drain.

Now to work on the menus and the logic. I'll provide some predefined vibe styles and also let you edit the parameters to suite your taste.
    Hannip, If you can manipulate the vibe length can you do different blink rates for alerts?
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    Hannip, If you can manipulate the vibe length can you do different blink rates for alerts?
    That's for a future task. This is vibe weekend.
    I tried it and awaiting the fix for the shortened notifications on the Sprint plugin. I'll keep it on the device when this works; great efforts, however and thanks.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1oddmanout View Post
    I tried it and awaiting the fix for the shortened notifications on the Sprint plugin. I'll keep it on the device when this works; great efforts, however and thanks.
    You can disable the plugin text by setting "Leave My Carrier Display Alone" in the Display Settings Menu until I get the text truncation fixed. That's next on my to-do list.
  9. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    You can disable the plugin text by setting "Leave My Carrier Display Alone" in the Display Settings Menu until I get the text truncation fixed. That's next on my to-do list.
    That would be real nice. My preference would be to leave the carrier display on and not use the plug in, but as is I go the other way.
  10. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    hehe, I wrote a cool little multivibe proggy last night that can do any kind of vibe style imaginable.

I had fun playing with it. Had to work around some driver issues where it stops vibrating after 1 second whether you told it to stay on longer or not. Working great.

I did put in some max values as a safeguard. You can't set the vibe to stay on for more than 10 seconds in any single parameter. I doubt anyone would want to go over 1 second in reality without pausing in between vibes. I wonder how much it would take to burn out buzzer. heh, a 10 second vibe would be a really huge battery drain.

Now to work on the menus and the logic. I'll provide some predefined vibe styles and also let you edit the parameters to suite your taste.
    This sounds really cool. Is there a way to get it to work with the initial notifications or only through the subsequent TA ones?
  11.    #151  
    My goal is to get it to work with initial alert and reminder alert where you can have different vibe styles for each.
  12. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    My goal is to get it to work with initial alert and reminder alert where you can have different vibe styles for each.
    Add San Diego to your free drink city. You're the man!
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Add San Diego to your free drink city. You're the man!
    hehe, it'll be the hannip grand drinking tour!
    What version of mortscript are you guys running?
  15.    #155  
    TreoAlerts uses it's own version of MortScript. It doesn't use any version you've installed separately. Not sure if that answers your question. You asked it in a TreoAlerts thread. For other scripts I use 4.1, but it is a bit slower than older versions.
    hey hannip, wonder if my treovibe app of days past works (or has code you can/have used) for 6.1? I tried mine on wm6 on my 750 and it didn't seem to work so well (would just get long vibes)...kinda forgot about it too
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    hey hannip, wonder if my treovibe app of days past works (or has code you can/have used) for 6.1? I tried mine on wm6 on my 750 and it didn't seem to work so well (would just get long vibes)...kinda forgot about it too
    Yeah, I already thought of TreoVibe to steal some code from.
    The MortScript Vibrate call doesn't work on the 800w. I had to make my own proggy. Let me know if you need it for any of your projects. It can do any kind of vibrate style with one call to the program.
    Oh.. I thought I needed mortscript installed for treoalerts
  19.    #159  
    Beta 11 is now available for your testing pleasure!

- Full vibe control is now included.
    - Repeating vibe during full ring is now supported.
    - Vibe during initial alert. it's in there.

Go to the first post and follow the link to begin your testing duties. Report any bugs you find.

Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Thanks, hannip. Will test today!
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast