Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, I'll enable email alerts for a while and check it out. The next time this happens take a look to see if there is an envelope icon still at the top of the today screen when the led goes out. If that's not there something might be dismissing the alert.
    Must've just been a small issue. Seems to be working fine now.

I do agree with the idea of having different types of vibrations as an option though. Being able to tell the difference between a phone call, email, text, etc without removing the phone from my pocket is something I miss from past phones.

Another thing I ran into yesterday was the fact that you can't dismiss a voicemail without listening to it. I was in church (couldn't get up and leave) and got a voicemail, and for the last half hour of the service, my phone would vibrate every two minutes reminding me of the voicemail. I don't know if this is a TA thing or a Palm thing, but it would be nice to be able to dismiss a voicemail alert without listening to it for situations like that. Just a thought. I have since set my reminder interval to 10 minutes so at least there will be less of an issue. Obviously another option would be to not take the phone into church... (work meeting/trainings are probably a better example).
  2.    #122  
    I haven't tried it yet but there is a "Clear Voicemail Icon" in Phone settings under Start->Settings. But that may only be for when the icon is stuck on after you have listened to a voicemail.

Another option is to go into TreoAlerts settings to disable voicemail alerts until you can listen to your voicemail. Configuration->Alerts Configuration->Configure Events and toggle Voice Mail settign.

But it's probably best to just disable alerts via Alert Settings Menu when at church.
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1754 View Post
    Must've just been a small issue. Seems to be working fine now.

I do agree with the idea of having different types of vibrations as an option though. Being able to tell the difference between a phone call, email, text, etc without removing the phone from my pocket is something I miss from past phones.

Another thing I ran into yesterday was the fact that you can't dismiss a voicemail without listening to it. I was in church (couldn't get up and leave) and got a voicemail, and for the last half hour of the service, my phone would vibrate every two minutes reminding me of the voicemail. I don't know if this is a TA thing or a Palm thing, but it would be nice to be able to dismiss a voicemail alert without listening to it for situations like that. Just a thought. I have since set my reminder interval to 10 minutes so at least there will be less of an issue. Obviously another option would be to not take the phone into church... (work meeting/trainings are probably a better example).
    Funny you mention that. I was in church Sunday, and was like... Oh no, if I get a text, and the phone vibrates, it will do it every minute until I can try and shut it off.

I remember with the POS, I would have it set to vibrate like 2x, then no more after that, except the LED would blink.

I think something like this would have been fine, because it wouldn't repeat. The only reason I had it set like that, was fear I wouldn't feel the vibrate on occasion. I think I may change it to a higher number, and then just disable it on Sunday morning.

I'd still however like the option to choose how many times it vibrates upon initial txt or mail, etc.

I do think the different vibes can come in handy for some, but for me, if the phone vibrates, I KNOW I have some alert, so I will be taking out of my pocket anyway to see what it is. Then I can see if it was VM, txt, or mail. Not too worried about having different vibrations. I'd assume most people would take the phone out and look anyway when they have some alert regardless of what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    Funny you mention that. I was in church Sunday, and was like... Oh no, if I get a text, and the phone vibrates, it will do it every minute until I can try and shut it off.

I remember with the POS, I would have it set to vibrate like 2x, then no more after that, except the LED would blink.

I think something like this would have been fine, because it wouldn't repeat. The only reason I had it set like that, was fear I wouldn't feel the vibrate on occasion. I think I may change it to a higher number, and then just disable it on Sunday morning.

I'd still however like the option to choose how many times it vibrates upon initial txt or mail, etc.

I do think the different vibes can come in handy for some, but for me, if the phone vibrates, I KNOW I have some alert, so I will be taking out of my pocket anyway to see what it is. Then I can see if it was VM, txt, or mail. Not too worried about having different vibrations. I'd assume most people would take the phone out and look anyway when they have some alert regardless of what it is.
    For me, it was voicemail specific. Voicemail is the only thing that you can't dismiss with just a few clicks of a button. You actually have to listen to the voicemail before TA will stop alerting you. It would be nice to have the option to set how many times it will alert you, but in the meantime I think I will just try to remember to disable alerts in situations like that.
    I posted this in the WM software, but since more people see this, I thought people would like to see what I had on POS if they never used it before.

Looking forward to version 11 hannip.

And if you can, based off my suggestion

Try to get the vibrate to happen upon receiving the alert (not after)
    Try to add the function of how many times the alert happens upon initial receiving. I think 1-5 is a good option. I do like to have the phone vibrate 2x when I get an alert, or that's how I used it in Butler. I'll post a screen shot of how that was. I know it is POS, but you can see what it looked like, and at least get an idea of what it contained and how things were set up and what it offered.

I know you probably wont be able to create it like that, but it was pretty full featured. I really like the LED section too.

Here are a few screenshots from the program....

6.    #126  
    So the next drop will be focused on vibrate since it seems to be a popular request.

- new vibrate proggy will have full control of vibrate styles. New menus will provide vibe styles both for the initial alert and separately for repeating alerts. I plan to provide one configuration for all alert types and a separate configuration for each specific event type.

i.e. you can configure the vibes for all events to have 2 long pulses initially and 1 long pulse for reminder, but if it's an sms message have 2 short pulses initially and no repeat pulses. etc.

Not sure how much time I can devote to this during the week, so might be a weekend project.
    So the next drop will be focused on vibrate since it seems to be a popular request.

- new vibrate proggy will have full control of vibrate styles. New menus will provide vibe styles both for the initial alert and separately for repeating alerts. I plan to provide one configuration for all alert types and a separate configuration for each specific event type.

i.e. you can configure the vibes for all events to have 2 long pulses initially and 1 long pulse for reminder, but if it's an sms message have 2 short pulses initially and no repeat pulses. etc.

Not sure how much time I can devote to this during the week, so might be a weekend project.
    Very Nice!!
  8. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

That would be awesome. I currently use only the light due to the aforementioned vibrate problems.
  9. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    One other thing...

I just install Ultimatelaunch (which is super cool) and that graphic glitch is way more annoying when using it like this because you can't get it redraw by changing screens.
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    One other thing...

I just install Ultimatelaunch (which is super cool) and that graphic glitch is way more annoying when using it like this because you can't get it redraw by changing screens.
    Yeah, I've been trying to contact zbop who developed the Billboard plugin, but no luck so far. I may have to rewrite it. If that's the case it'll be a several week project.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Great tool Hannip....I know that the flash color is not yet implemented...is that just because you have not gotten to it or is there a limitation on the device that makes this not work?
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpapa View Post
    Great tool Hannip....I know that the flash color is not yet implemented...is that just because you have not gotten to it or is there a limitation on the device that makes this not work?
    It's not a device hardware limitation. It's a total lack of driver support. When zbop got all of the colors and blink rates working on the 700wx, he programmed directly to the hardware to do it. You have to know what the hardware is to do it and the memory address to write to then be able to figure out the protocol.

If anyone has knowledge of any of the above it will help get this going. Any driver developers out there? Anyone that knows assembly that has lots of time on their hands?
  13. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Yeah, I've been trying to contact zbop who developed the Billboard plugin, but no luck so far. I may have to rewrite it. If that's the case it'll be a several week project.
    Totally don't kill yourself for us... Unless you want to

I solved the problem by just leaving TA above UL so that it is present on all my tabs and I can get it to redraw easily. Of all the notification programs, yours is by far the simplest, most intuitive, and gives just the right amount of information without being too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by hocus703 View Post
    Sometimes we'd like it completely silent--odd I know!

When I'm teaching, I don't even like it to vibrate. I have my 'ringer switch off' settings set to not vibe on all accounts.

When I've got treoalerts running, it'll vibe on a reminder. Even as week as it is, students and teachers alike can pick out a vibrating phone from across the room.

So, I know in the future there may be 'on/off' checkboxes and setup to be similar to the defaults--in these versions, I totally understand the pain-in-the-assitude of having 2 to the power of how many thingies there are for options.

Thanks for your work!
    I strongly second this request. I need this in the business world too (and in movie theaters, and in several other cases). I really miss the three-way ringer switch (tones, vibrate, and silent) on my old Hitachi G1000.

I am still trying to decide whether to go with an 800w or a Centro for my next phone (currently using a 700p). What is involved with turning off vibration on the 800w without TreoAlert? Do you have to go to 8 billion different alert types and turn off vibration for each, or is there a single checkbox somewhere?
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harkless View Post
    I strongly second this request. I need this in the business world too (and in movie theaters, and in several other cases). I really miss the three-way ringer switch (tones, vibrate, and silent) on my old Hitachi G1000.

I am still trying to decide whether to go with an 800w or a Centro for my next phone (currently using a 700p). What is involved with turning off vibration on the 800w without TreoAlert? Do you have to go to 8 billion different alert types and turn off vibration for each, or is there a single checkbox somewhere?
    I will be simplifying the main alert settings menu to:
    LED VIBE & REMINDER
    LED & VIBE
    LED & REMINDER
    LED
    DISABLED

Then in the Alerts Configuration menu there will be a Set Reminder Styles menu that will let you configure a vibe style for all alert types and then one for each specific alert type that you want to be different from the global settings. Once you pick the style (2 long pulses etc) it will ask you whether you want the vibe to occur with the ringer switch on and/or with the ringer switch off. You will be asked to pick a style for the initial alert and for reminder alerts. One of the styles will be to not vibe at all.

I'm also thinking of adding a setting to vibe when the phone is ringing that would repeat until the ringing stops. We'll see how far I get. Might be too much for one weekend.
    I will be simplifying the main alert settings menu to:
    LED VIBE & REMINDER
    LED & VIBE
    LED & REMINDER
    LED
    DISABLED

Then in the Alerts Configuration menu there will be a Set Reminder Styles menu that will let you configure a vibe style for all alert types and then one for each specific alert type that you want to be different from the global settings. Once you pick the style (2 long pulses etc) it will ask you whether you want the vibe to occur with the ringer switch on and/or with the ringer switch off. You will be asked to pick a style for the initial alert and for reminder alerts. One of the styles will be to not vibe at all.

I'm also thinking of adding a setting to vibe when the phone is ringing that would repeat until the ringing stops. We'll see how far I get. Might be too much for one weekend.
    Thanks for those details, hannip. I didn't quite get from that, though, whether it'll be possible to quickly go between settings 1 and 2 below:

1:
    Ringer switch on: sounds and vibration for all events
    Ringer switch off: vibration for all events

2:
    Ringer switch on: sounds and vibration for all events
    Ringer switch off: no sounds or vibration (for all events)
  17.    #137  
    I guess I'm wondering what the difference is between the DISABLE setting and your 2: Ringer switch off: mode. Do you just want another option on the main menu to disable vibe when ringer is off?

Edit: btw, all this requires that you disable vibe in all events listed for Sounds & Notifications. Once you do that and with the new TreoAlert options you can just choose DISABLE in the Alerts Settings menu and all with be quiet when the ringer switch is off.

Edit2: And if you still want your LED blink you can always switch Alert Setting to LED only.
    I guess I'm wondering what the difference is between the DISABLE setting and your 2: Ringer switch off: mode. Do you just want another option on the main menu to disable vibe when ringer is off?
    I don't need multiple options -- just one fast way to do it. I don't have an 800w yet (am hinging my purchase decision partially on alert / vibe options), so I'm trying to understand the TreoAlert behavior just based on the descriptions.

Edit: btw, all this requires that you disable vibe in all events listed for Sounds & Notifications. Once you do that and with the new TreoAlert options you can just choose DISABLE in the Alerts Settings menu and all with be quiet when the ringer switch is off.
    Cool. And if Disable isn't selected, it'll ignore the system settings and do vibration per the TreoAlert settings?

Edit2: And if you still want your LED blink you can always switch Alert Setting to LED only.
    Ah. Yes, I would want to retain the LED blink. So assuming no settings had been made for individual types of alerts, it'd be possible to just make that one global setting in TreoAlert to turn off all vibration? If so, sounds good.
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harkless View Post
    I don't need multiple options -- just one fast way to do it. I don't have an 800w yet (am hinging my purchase decision partially on alert / vibe options), so I'm trying to understand the TreoAlert behavior just based on the descriptions.
    Yeah, that's what the Alert Settings Menu is for. Quick change between the 4 main alert settings and disable.

Cool. And if Disable isn't selected, it'll ignore the system settings and do vibration per the TreoAlert settings?
    Correct.

Ah. Yes, I would want to retain the LED blink. So assuming no settings had been made for individual types of alerts, it'd be possible to just make that one global setting in TreoAlert to turn off all vibration? If so, sounds good.
    Yeah, whether you have individual alerts set or not the main Alerts Settings Menu will let you switch between having vibe or not. The global vibe and individual vibe settings (in the configuration section) will only be active if you have activated vibe in the Alert Settings Menu. I hope that makes sense.
    Hannip, I just wanted to repeat what many have said which is thank you for your work on this program.

The LED alerts was all I had been searching for initially but all the additional options are a very nice bonus.
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast