Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    I'm having an issue where Treo Alert Beta 10 isn't installing. I have emailed the cab to myself and then re-downloaded the cab directly to the phone.

I had Beta 9 installed before and I uninstalled the program through the Add/Remove programs. I then soft reset the device. I noticed the "Sprint" logo didn't come back at the top. I then tried to install beta 10 and it failed. I don't even get to the part where I get to chose to install to the card or the phone.

Any ideas?
  2.    #82  
    Apparently emailing the cab is not a good idea. If you are going to email it use winzip or equiv to zip it first. Or just download the cab directly to the phone from the forum link.
    Thanks Hannip - I did download it directly to the card and the phone and I get the same error.

I think the problem is related to the fact that Beta 9 didn't uninstall cleanly. The "Sprint" logo is gone from the top bar on the today screen but TreoAlerts is also uninstalled as far as I can tell.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    No issues updating from beta9 to beta10 using bluetooth transfer. New version is running well with the new notable improvements. Experienced the runaway indicator a few times with beta9 but not an issue with beta10 so far.
  5.    #85  
    If you go in and out of flight mode your Sprint logo should come back. You didn't get any errors on the uninstall did you?

Are you installing to the device or storage card? I haven't noticed any install issues but I am installing to the device. Shouldn't really make a difference though.

If you think the uninstall didn't complete you can manually delete the following:
    \Storage Card\\Program Files\TREO ALERT
    \Program Files\TREO ALERT
    \Windows\Startup\TA.lnk
    \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ALERTS.lnk

reboot and try again.
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    No issues updating from beta9 to beta10 using bluetooth transfer. New version is running well with the new notable improvements. Experienced the runaway indicator a few times with beta9 but not an issue with beta10 so far.
    Not sure what I did different but after the 10th time downloading from the site in PIE and trying to install it finally went. I chalk that up to a PIE/WM weirdness and nothing to do with TA.
    Working here without a problem
    Works fine over here.
    hannip,

Thanks for all the time your spending on this.
    I use it on my 750 and hope to be using it soon on my 850.

Are you accepting donations?
    Just call me Berd.
  11.    #91  
    I haven't started accepting donations since I typically write things I use myself and just share it. The community gives back plenty already, but I appreciate the offer.
    I would have to agree.
    I don't hold anything against those who ask,
    but things really got ugly over at xda-developers because some were overly donation driven.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    ...billboard plugin refresh issue....
    Forgive my ignorance of the terminology but is this what you mean by refresh issue? The two lines are where I usually get ghosting of the previous screen.

Otherwise, this thing rocks man. I had no idea how much a little led light could mean, never having had that before. BTW - is it just set to work on variations of green - seems I had issues with other settings. Probably just me...thanks again for putting this out there.

Last edited by AS329; 07/24/2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: correct poor typing
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Tested the new beta 10. This is excellent! I've only noticed one thing that seems to not be working quite right. I sent myself a text message and watched when it arrived. The LED started blinking green and I have the messaging today plugin running which stated there was a new txt. However, there was not a sound. The sound started working after the first interval and continued at multiples of that interval as it should.

Any reason why the first beep doesn't happen?

Also, does something have to be on the today screen for this to work? Either the Billboard or carrier display area? I'd like to just get the repeating notifications etc w/o any display.

Thanks again!!
  15.    #95  
    Yep, that's the refresh issue. Still need to fix that and the shortened text area in the carrier plugin and/or find a way to get rid of the carrier plugin.

For the LED I'm using the standard NLED calls which is green blink. To get the other colors and blink rates I have to do some reverse engineering and hackery since Palm doesn't provide an API for it. We'll get there.
    Yep, that's the refresh issue. Still need to fix that and the shortened text area in the carrier plugin and/or find a way to get rid of the carrier plugin.

For the LED I'm using the standard NLED calls which is green blink. To get the other colors and blink rates I have to do some reverse engineering and hackery since Palm doesn't provide an API for it. We'll get there.
    No problem, just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I was getting wrong. Thanks again.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Tested the new beta 10. This is excellent! I've only noticed one thing that seems to not be working quite right. I sent myself a text message and watched when it arrived. The LED started blinking green and I have the messaging today plugin running which stated there was a new txt. However, there was not a sound. The sound started working after the first interval and continued at multiples of that interval as it should.
    Any reason why the first beep doesn't happen?
    TreoAlerts doesn't control the initial beep, just the led and repeat notifications. The initial beep is handled by your standard Sounds & Notifications control panel app in Start->Settings. Check your settings there.

Also, does something have to be on the today screen for this to work? Either the Billboard or carrier display area? I'd like to just get the repeating notifications etc w/o any display.

Thanks again!!
    Nothing has to be on the Today screen. In the Display Settings Menu select "Leave My Carrier Display Alone".
    Also if you had selected to use the Billboard Today Plugin you'll need to switch back to Carrier plugin.
    The blinking LED worked great this morning but I'm noticing that this afternoon, it is not notifying me of new email.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    TreoAlerts doesn't control the initial beep, just the led and repeat notifications. The initial beep is handled by your standard Sounds & Notifications control panel app in Start->Settings. Check your settings there.
    Ok, thanks. I just assumed this took full control of the alerts like PhoneAlarm does. This is working great for me now!
    how do i get it to stop talking to me? it's creepy. i've already turned off all the voice alerts but it still does it.
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast