Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344 LastLast
  1.    #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    mine locks up every time with colored alerts on, and Sprite will not run. I have tried both ways a number of times. I would check again if something were different with the code...has there been a change made?
    Not yet. Zbop said he might be able to change TreLED to talk directly to the LED hardware in the future.
  2.    #782  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi HANNIP.

will we have an option to actually press the missed call/sms/email/voice mail icons on the today screen and be sent to their location?
    thnx
    One of the things I was going to look into was adding an Rl today plugin that would work as you say. We'll see.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    TA Currently on my Treo750v until i sold my treo...

bought HTC Touch 3G.. tested on it .. it's working but not in sleep mode (power off)... when power off.. TA doesn't response.

I wish TA will have more compatibility towards NON-Treo Users... i missed the old days....

Thanks a bunch!
    Save the cheerleader, Save The World!

Treo 750v user and loving it!
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    TA might be able to disable OS popup notifications during a call. We'll see.
    That would be great. That would solve the problem. Thanks.
    I just read in a report that the Palm Pre does not support any Micro SD card!
    Ok - they have 8 GB of memory and you can USB it to a PC and access the file system but it's not removeable. Now if you want to do backups to your SD card you would be able to pull the card out and put it in to another phone.
    You lose that capability. That's a step backwards. Very surprising. I never even thought to ask if it had that feature. Sounds like you cannot take anything for granted. Make sure it has a speakerphone. Make sure it can run Sprint Navigator, voice notes, etc etc. The phone looks really very good. The positives sound fantastic but the negatives are prominent.
    Would applications like TA be available in case its notifications are not improved?
    Changing the blink rate is rarely implemented for NLED, but I can try it just in case it is.
    that would be outstanding...then even if the colors continue to cause my Treo issues, the faster blink would be available...slow one currently available sometimes fails to catch my eye...maybe it's me...thanks...look forward to hearing.
    Not yet. Zbop said he might be able to change TreLED to talk directly to the LED hardware in the future.
    ok. I am more than willing to try something if a change is made that needs a guinea pig...
  8.    #788  
    Quote Originally Posted by reidler View Post
    I just read in a report that the Palm Pre does not support any Micro SD card!
    Ok - they have 8 GB of memory and you can USB it to a PC and access the file system but it's not removeable. Now if you want to do backups to your SD card you would be able to pull the card out and put it in to another phone.
    You lose that capability. That's a step backwards. Very surprising. I never even thought to ask if it had that feature. Sounds like you cannot take anything for granted. Make sure it has a speakerphone. Make sure it can run Sprint Navigator, voice notes, etc etc. The phone looks really very good. The positives sound fantastic but the negatives are prominent.
    Would applications like TA be available in case its notifications are not improved?
    Yeah, no SD card slot is what made me say the Pre is *near* perfect. lol
    It does support usb mass storage so I would assume you could plug in a usb storage device and back it up that way and restore to another.

A TA application would be something to look into doing if it is needed on the Pre. I'm not sure if there is an LED or not on the thing. I know there is a signal meter and battery meter. I'm sure we'll figure it all out soon.
  9.    #789  
    Quote Originally Posted by sliders7 View Post
    TA Currently on my Treo750v until i sold my treo...

bought HTC Touch 3G.. tested on it .. it's working but not in sleep mode (power off)... when power off.. TA doesn't response.

I wish TA will have more compatibility towards NON-Treo Users... i missed the old days....

Thanks a bunch!
    Some devices need an extra kick to get going from a suspended state. After installing TA try setting the following registry entry to 1 and see if it helps.

HKLM\Software\Mort's Mortscript\TREO ALERTS
    ToggleDisplay
    Some devices need an extra kick to get going from a suspended state. After installing TA try setting the following registry entry to 1 and see if it helps.

HKLM\Software\Mort's Mortscript\TREO ALERTS
    ToggleDisplay
    How would this impact the Treo 800?
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by reidler View Post
    Have you watched the videos demonstration the notification system on the Pre? Its probably the most advanced, most intuitive notification system ever. TA wont be necessary on the Pre.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  12.    #792  
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    How would this impact the Treo 800?
    The 800 doesn't need this change, but if you did it you would notice the screen turn on briefly for TA reminders.
    I installed TA two days ago for the first time and really enjoy the program. I read the entire thread to see problems people were having to know what I can expect to potentially see. I guess here is another scenario of NLED working without problems.

First, two nights ago I had TreoLED selected and I tested it overnight with an alarm selected to go off in the morning while being plugged into the wall outlet. This was before I made the change to my registry to change the compile time from 15 to 120. Something happened and the alarm did not go off in the morning and my phone was not fully charged like normal. It took a soft reset to get it back to normal and as soon as it booted back up the alarm went off.

Second, I tested it last night with NLED selected while being plugged into the wall outlet. My alarm went off without a hitch and the phone seems to be functioning like it should.

Zbop, I know the Palm driver is giving you and others trying to use multicolor LED some grief but if you would like me to try different scenarios to try and pinpoint the problem I am more than happy to. That is if you think this is a problem that can be fixed or if it is a hardware issue. I know you must be extremely busy with all of the programming you are doing for all of our phones considering I have a hard enough time keeping up with these discussions so just let me know if you want me to look into it more. I have since changed my compile time overnight to 120 just FYI.

Thanks to all of the people for this great addition to the phone.
    1st thanks for putting together somthing thats really amazing! I'm new with sprint and I got the 800w. Its my first windows phone. I was really on the fence on getting a 755p or the 800w. I'm currently in the trial period and my only complaint with this phone was it doesn't nag you when you need it to. Untill I got TreoAlert. I was wondering how can I changer the alert from the one it comes with (close enounters theme) I want to put a song or a plam ringer so it can wake me up just incase I'm asleep and I'm due for a meeting.

Thanks for everything
    Mike

BTW should I stay with 800w or get the 755p? If I go with the 755p it would because I can get butler so it can nag me for my apps and bills that need paying. Please send me your suggestions and imput please..newbie here!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegpr03 View Post
    BTW should I stay with 800w or get the 755p? If I go with the 755p it would because I can get butler so it can nag me for my apps and bills that need paying. Please send me your suggestions and imput please..newbie here!
    My personal opinion is to stay with the 800w. I am sure that some people have software like butler that can do what you are wanting. I also believe that there might be a palmOS emulator that you can install and run prc files on it. I think I remember reading something like that at one point but can't remember where it was.

Also the 800w has more features (wifi, gps, etc.) integral to the phone that the 755p does not have. I had the 755p for a little less than a year and enjoyed that phone for what it could do. That is all I knew and it was my first smartphone. After having the 800w for a couple months now I feel like I would never go back to the 755p and the palm operating system. My main grief was that out of the box you could not have multiple applications open at the same time. It was just the way the Palm OS worked. I knew nothing different but now having a windows phone I want to kick myself for ever owning a palm OS phone. It works for some people and some people like it; I did not. I just feel that windows mobile is superior with its flexibility, advancement, and ease of use. Apparently Palm did as well since they just came out with its webOS. Ultimately, unless you really, really, REALLY like the palm operating system, I would stick with the 800w.
    The reason I asked is because TA depends on WM notifications to do its thing. If Good isn't generating WM notifications then TA won't either. I don't know anything about Good. Maybe there is a setting for this? Anyone know?
    Bummer. Anybody? I am getting notifications from windows. But not TA.
    I'm interested in trying this.
    Hmm. For the weekend I set the system up to not do any notifications. In TA I clicked on ALERT SETTINGS MENU and clicked on DISABLE. I don't think TA gave me any notifications - though it did show on the screen how many messages etc.
    BUT - I also went into my emails - clicked on MENU - TOOLS - chose my email account - clicked on SEND/RECEIVE SCHEDULE and changed it to automatically send/receive every 4 hours. But it did not listen to me. It checked I think every 10 minutes! Because of that the phone went out of power and shut down after 14 hours. Is that not the correct place to set it?
    If it's not the correct place then what does this control? Where else should I go to set up the send/receive automatic schedule? I checked and it is still set to 4 hours. ??? Thanks.
    What is the option DELIVERY PREFERENCES? I clicked on my email then MENU and there's an option called Delivery Preferences. The option is to Connect and check for messages every ___ minutes. It was set to 0 minutes I think because I had told it to allow me to download emails manually.
    I unchecked this option and then it finally stopped getting my emails automatically. It seems that this option and the option to send/receive are the same thing. How are they supposed to be different. And it seems only the DELIVERY PREFERENCES did the trick. ???
    Thank you for TA. I have this program on my phone and love it