Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Installed it, and it says that it installed successfully. Then nothing. I can't find it anywhere. Also, my phone reception has dropped off and I get a ! mark instead of bars. I go to remove software, but it's not there. I soft reset and everything is back to normal. I go to find it in programs, but it's not there. I try installing it again, but the exact same thing, and I have to soft reset the device to get the phone to work again.
  2.    #62  
    Now that's strange. You should see a blue on black icon subtitled "ALERTS" in your Start->Programs. You need to run that setup utility to enable the alerts in the Alert Settings Menu. TA shouldn't have anything to do with your radio signal. All it does is monitor notifications. Are you installing to the device or storage card? It shouldn't matter which, just curious in case others have similar issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Now that's strange. You should see a blue on black icon subtitled "ALERTS" in your Start->Programs. You need to run that setup utility to enable the alerts in the Alert Settings Menu. TA shouldn't have anything to do with your radio signal. All it does is monitor notifications. Are you installing to the device or storage card? It shouldn't matter which, just curious in case others have similar issues.

Directly to the device. Perhaps there's something installed on it already that's causing problems?
    I just downloaded it again and tried it and it worked! I must have had a bad download?
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by govtcheez View Post
    Directly to the device. Perhaps there's something installed on it already that's causing problems?
    Could be. The way to determine if it's a software conflict takes some investigation on your part. If you have the time you could use Sprite to do a full backup to your sd card or pc. Then hard reset and install Treo Alerts first. If there are no issues at this point then start installing your other apps one by one until you find the conflict. Then restore.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by govtcheez View Post
    I just downloaded it again and tried it and it worked! I must have had a bad download?
    Good to hear. Let me know if you find any other issues.
    I love TA. It works beautifully. I understand the text limitation for the carrier logo and that isn't a big deal for me since I have the flashing light. Occasionally, the flashing light does not go away when I read a new email. Right now, I have no new alerts (no MC, SMS, EM, or VM), no unread messages, but my LED is flashing. I tried putting TA back on the today page, taking it off, running activesync again, but it's still flashing. Any ideas?

Thank you Hannip!! TA rocks.
    5 minutes later, a new email came, I read it and the flashing light went off. I can live with this since I get hammered with email and this has only happened one other time.
    Quote Originally Posted by spam2000 View Post
    5 minutes later, a new email came, I read it and the flashing light went off. I can live with this since I get hammered with email and this has only happened one other time.
    I have expreienced this as well on several occassions....however I understand TA is a work in progress for the 800 and am pretty confident it will get sorted out .....
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by spam2000 View Post
    hmm, the os turns off the led when you dismiss a notification but there is a small window of time (very small) where TA could turn it back on thinking the notification has not yet cleared. I'll fix it.

BTW, I've fixed a timer bug reported to me where alerts won't come back on when the timer end time is earlier than the start time. For example if you set the timer to enable alerts between 6am till 2am. I'll get that change, the led fix reported here and the vib fixed maybe later tonight and post it up as beta10.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, the os turns off the led when you dismiss a notification but there is a small window of time (very small) where TA could turn it back on thinking the notification has not yet cleared. I'll fix it.

BTW, I've fixed a timer bug reported to me where alerts won't come back on when the timer end time is earlier than the start time. For example if you set the timer to enable alerts between 6am till 2am. I'll get that change, the led fix reported here and the vib fixed maybe later tonight and post it up as beta10.
    Hannip you rock!! we would all be lost in the dark with no blinking to guide us without you!!
    Do you know when a new beta will be posted? Also, even when using the today plugin, it still cuts off the bottom a little. I think it just needs to be slightly bigger.

Thanks.
  13.    #73  
    I usually do this stuff between 10:00pm and 4:00am est so it can be anywhere in that timeframe.

My planned fixes for this build are:
    - fix sms count and set 0 on dismiss
    - fix vibrate
    - fix timer bug
    - fix runaway led blink

I would like to get all of the core features fixed first, then I'll work on the visual issues such as the short carrier line and billboard plugin refresh issue and small bluetooh icons.
    Thanks for designing this tool.
    Thank you hannip for taking your time and helping all of us!
    Great work!
    hannip, I certainly appreciate your efforts. I love TA. I used to use PhoneAlarm early in my days with the 700wx, but didn't like how it slowed down the phone. TA is perfect. Thanks again.
  17.    #77  
    Thx guys, really feeling the love tonight.

Beta 10 is now available. See the first post for details and follow the link. Let me know if you find any issues.
    Just downloaded 10....can't seem to get a led for email notification, though think I have it set right....having not tested earlier versions, I am not sure if this is something you are working on, or is related to beta10 fixes....should this be working?

Edit: NM - figured it out....thanks for your work on this hannip
    Last edited by AS329; 07/24/2008 at 02:21 AM.
    I installed and deleted the program. But it still appears in "Programs" and when I soft reset the phone I get a message, "The file 'Mortscript'..." Any way to totally delete the program and all remnants? I have looked in Resco explorer, but cannot find any remaining files.
    Laissez Faire
  20.    #80  
    How did you go about deleting the program? Did you use the Remove Programs control panel app or did the use file explorer to just delete the folder?

At any rate delete these files.
    \Windows\Startup\TA.lnk
    \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ALERTS.lnk
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast