Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It does not need enabling. I was never able to test it since I don't use Good. I just added the event guid's as reported by another Good user. Do you see an alert bubble at the top of the today screen when you receive Good email and calendar events?
    No. No notices for email or calendar.

Thanks for your help.
    No please no. At least not yet. It has not been proven that Treo LED is the problem. I'm still using the colored LEDs. My phone has been stable all day today. I removed Pocket Express. Besides people have the option in the new version to chose the old LEDs. Isn't that good enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by reidler View Post
    No please no. At least not yet. It has not been proven that Treo LED is the problem. I'm still using the colored LEDs. My phone has been stable all day today. I removed Pocket Express. Besides people have the option in the new version to chose the old LEDs. Isn't that good enough?
    I had problems that went away when I changed the setting. However, I agree and don't think the option needs to be removed.
    why remove it? Leave it and the user can change it if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    For what it worth, I set TA to NLED and it stopped locking / freezing during normal daily use, and last night Sprite actually ran. In the morning, the Treo was not frozen, requiring reset. Would love the multicolor and variations on blinks, but green ok for now.
    Been over a week now - no freezes, Sprite runs every night. Only green blinks, but actually fine for now.
    Charliec
  6.    #766  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Bummer, if the majority of people are all running into issues, you may want to pull out TreoLED. FWIW, I'm still using the color support and I haven't hit this problem yet.

If I can get a chunk of time to work on this, I'll look into bypassing the driver.
    I don't think it's the majority of people having problems. I 'm not planning on removing it as long as people report having no issues with it. My problems were rare.

Bypassing the driver would be awesome, but I definitely understand the free time issues. I've been doing 100 hour weeks on my latest project for work. :-O
  7.    #767  
    Hannip - I appreciate your work on Treo Alert. When my kids hear the reminder tone on my phone they call out "EMAIL PENDING!" I hope I'm not pestering you but will you be working on some of those enhancements that we talked about?
    1. For Treo Alert to be in charge of the initial alert as well, not just the
    reminder alerts and to include a voice reminder for that initial alert? Then
    I can turn off the Sounds and Notifications and completely use Treo Alert.
    2. To include alerts and voice alerts for Calendar and Alarm clock reminders?
    3. You said you might try to investigate if Alarm clock reminders could be
    independent of Calendar reminders. This is not as important as the others.

Thanks so much.
    Yes I plan on adding these in the next version. When that comes out depends on how much free time I have which hasn't been a lot lately.
  8.    #768  
    Quote Originally Posted by agentTREO7 View Post
    No. No notices for email or calendar.

Thanks for your help.
    The reason I asked is because TA depends on WM notifications to do its thing. If Good isn't generating WM notifications then TA won't either. I don't know anything about Good. Maybe there is a setting for this? Anyone know?
    Well my phone was good again this morning. Sprite worked last night. Phone worked, TA worked. I am still using the colored LEDs.
    Could we ask for a controlled test from some people that turned off the colored LEDs - maybe turn it back on today and see how it is tomorrow morning. Thanks
    The reason I asked is because TA depends on WM notifications to do its thing. If Good isn't generating WM notifications then TA won't either. I don't know anything about Good. Maybe there is a setting for this? Anyone know?
    to clarify Good is generating notices. Every time I get an email a good icon appears in the top windows mobile bar at the top of the screen.
    I'm still doing ok even with the colored LEDs. Sprite backup worked and the phone has not locked up. In case it makes a difference FYI: I did not download the newest version of TA with the option to not used the colored LEDs. The phone has been stable the last few days since I unloaded Pocket Express so I'm happy.

Did you see the new PALM Pre? Very nice looking. So far it's being reported that WEB OS seems stable. BUT - you know they don't tell you the cons. I read in one report that the Pre does not have a video camera even though is has 3 MGPXL still camera. Who would even think to ask if that was included?
    I hope it's not missing any other expected basics. Palm said they may add that in a year or so.
    Hi Hannip - When you get the time to dontinue working on TA I wonder if you could consider this issue. When I'm on a call the Treo continues to send alerts as you know. TA intelligently holds back until after the call. But since I still need to have the Treo's INITIAL alert, that alert pops up during calls. While on a call if I need to switch to speakerphone and I don't want to miss what the caller is saying I fidget with my fingers to try and click on MENU or try to find my way and tap on the speakerphone icon (bigger icons would also be helpful). But if I had received a pop up alert then I must get rid of the pop up first. So I have to pull the phone away from my ear and then start clicking things to close the box and then tap speakerphone missing much of the conversation. (I'd like to be polite and not ask the other person to hold on while I do this. Sometimes that's not even possible if I'm listening to a meeting or lecture)

If you add the ability we talked about for TA to be in charge of the initial alert as well then I hope this problem will go away because TA does not send alerts while on a call. But I wonder - I do like those pop up alert info boxes. So here's my request: Will TA be able to control those and continue to pop them up?

Thanks alot.
  13.    #773  
    Hi Hannip - When you get the time to dontinue working on TA I wonder if you could consider this issue. When I'm on a call the Treo continues to send alerts as you know. TA intelligently holds back until after the call. But since I still need to have the Treo's INITIAL alert, that alert pops up during calls. While on a call if I need to switch to speakerphone and I don't want to miss what the caller is saying I fidget with my fingers to try and click on MENU or try to find my way and tap on the speakerphone icon (bigger icons would also be helpful). But if I had received a pop up alert then I must get rid of the pop up first. So I have to pull the phone away from my ear and then start clicking things to close the box and then tap speakerphone missing much of the conversation. (I'd like to be polite and not ask the other person to hold on while I do this. Sometimes that's not even possible if I'm listening to a meeting or lecture)

If you add the ability we talked about for TA to be in charge of the initial alert as well then I hope this problem will go away because TA does not send alerts while on a call. But I wonder - I do like those pop up alert info boxes. So here's my request: Will TA be able to control those and continue to pop them up?

Thanks alot.
    The way I'd do it TA would make the alert sound, but the popups would still be handled by the OS, so yes the popup will still be there. You would just disable the sound in S&N since TA would be doing it.
  14.    #774  
    I'm still doing ok even with the colored LEDs. Sprite backup worked and the phone has not locked up. In case it makes a difference FYI: I did not download the newest version of TA with the option to not used the colored LEDs. The phone has been stable the last few days since I unloaded Pocket Express so I'm happy.

Did you see the new PALM Pre? Very nice looking. So far it's being reported that WEB OS seems stable. BUT - you know they don't tell you the cons. I read in one report that the Pre does not have a video camera even though is has 3 MGPXL still camera. Who would even think to ask if that was included?
    I hope it's not missing any other expected basics. Palm said they may add that in a year or so.
    To me the built in flash is more important than being able to record video. Sounds like they will eventually have an update for video anyway. The Pre is close to perfect. If it's really as easy to program as they say many of the apps should be ready at or near the release date.
    Well my phone was good again this morning. Sprite worked last night. Phone worked, TA worked. I am still using the colored LEDs.
    Could we ask for a controlled test from some people that turned off the colored LEDs - maybe turn it back on today and see how it is tomorrow morning. Thanks
    mine locks up every time with colored alerts on, and Sprite will not run. I have tried both ways a number of times. I would check again if something were different with the code...has there been a change made?
    Charliec
    Is there any chance someone would make the NLED version flash quickly rather than very slowly, as it does now - it would be just fine, then - even though green only.
    Charliec
    The way I'd do it TA would make the alert sound, but the popups would still be handled by the OS, so yes the popup will still be there. You would just disable the sound in S&N since TA would be doing it.
    I would like it better if I could tell the OS not to do any alerts and give the entire job to TA - including the pop ups window messages - because of the reasons that I wrote - the OS does not prevent them from coming up during a call. If you're not able to do that then I'll appreciate what you can do. Maybe I would have to turn off the pop up boxes. That's not such a great option because they offer valuable information - but not while on a call.
    Thanks so much for your efforts!
    hi HANNIP.

will we have an option to actually press the missed call/sms/email/voice mail icons on the today screen and be sent to their location?
    thnx
  19.    #779  
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    Is there any chance someone would make the NLED version flash quickly rather than very slowly, as it does now - it would be just fine, then - even though green only.
    Changing the blink rate is rarely implemented for NLED, but I can try it just in case it is.
  20.    #780  
    I would like it better if I could tell the OS not to do any alerts and give the entire job to TA - including the pop ups window messages - because of the reasons that I wrote - the OS does not prevent them from coming up during a call. If you're not able to do that then I'll appreciate what you can do. Maybe I would have to turn off the pop up boxes. That's not such a great option because they offer valuable information - but not while on a call.
    Thanks so much for your efforts!
    TA might be able to disable OS popup notifications during a call. We'll see.