Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    interesting - I had emailed a cab file to my 800w but the email program would not let me download the attachment because it was a cab executable file that could be dangerous. I had to download it directly from the web.
    It is your email program. There are a few better alternatives than Pocket Outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidler View Post
    interesting - I had emailed a cab file to my 800w but the email program would not let me download the attachment because it was a cab executable file that could be dangerous. I had to download it directly from the web.
    'Save as' didn't work?
    I am not using outlook mail. I set my gmail account up and also an account from my ISP which is Road Runner. I had no difficulties at all.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    'Save as' didn't work?
    Right. It didn't let me get that far. When I clicked on the attached file it said no way - it's an executable - too dangerous. No option-nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    It is your email program. There are a few better alternatives than Pocket Outlook.
    Is that what I have that came with the 800w - Pocket Outlook. You said something about Flexmail. How do you like that? Does it remove messages from my phone that it sees I deleted from the server? How do you like it? It costs.

Quote Originally Posted by joeg2246 View Post
    I am not using outlook mail. I set my gmail account up and also an account from my ISP which is Road Runner. I had no difficulties at all.
    So what email client program are you using?
    Must say kudos for TA 8.2, it is exactly what this device needs most and makes it 1000x more useful especially when emails and SMS messages and missed calls are important to you lol. However my device was not responding very well this morning (not really frozen but a soft reset fixed it).

My scheduled Sprite backup did not appear to run (which does a soft reset itself). I'm not sure what happened. I have seen the Treo freeze at the Green wM screen however that is extremely rare.
  7.    #727  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg2246 View Post
    I did notice that the alerts don't show up if the messaging program is opened and the screen is off. Is that the way it is meant to be or am I doing something wrong?
    Yes, it's a "feature" of the messaging program to not issue a system notification when the messaging program is in focus. If you hit the OK button to put the program in the background the notifications will work as expected.
    Let me clarify what I am using. When you go to setup email I chose to setup a new account but did not use the outlook email option. I am new to TREO's so I may not be saying this correctly. I just know that I tried to use the one called outlook mail and it did not work for me. I did a hard reset and started over. If I am not saying something correctly please let me know.

So what email client program are you using?[/QUOTE]
    Thank you hannip for the reply. I am real happy with TA 8.2.

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yes, it's a "feature" of the messaging program to not issue a system notification when the messaging program is in focus. If you hit the OK button to put the program in the background the notifications will work as expected.
    http://pocketinformant.com/products_info.php?p_id=mail

Handles IMAP and POP and works with WM 6.1 and so forth.

Right. It didn't let me get that far. When I clicked on the attached file it said no way - it's an executable - too dangerous. No option-nothing.

Is that what I have that came with the 800w - Pocket Outlook. You said something about Flexmail. How do you like that? Does it remove messages from my phone that it sees I deleted from the server? How do you like it? It costs.

So what email client program are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    Must say kudos for TA 8.2, it is exactly what this device needs most and makes it 1000x more useful especially when emails and SMS messages and missed calls are important to you lol. However my device was not responding very well this morning (not really frozen but a soft reset fixed it).

My scheduled Sprite backup did not appear to run (which does a soft reset itself). I'm not sure what happened. I have seen the Treo freeze at the Green wM screen however that is extremely rare.
    I have exactly the same experiences. This is something that troubles me alot. I am finding the 800w to not be reliable. It just freezes up even without touching it when it's in screen saver mode. I have the Sprite backup program scheduled to run automatically every night at 3:00 AM. Usually it does it. Some days it just doesn't do it and I have no idea why. The other night I was away without an alarm clock so I set the 800w to alarm at 7:00 AM. It didn't do it. I slept late. It didn't do the Sprite backup that night either. I had to pull the battery. I usually have to pull it on average twice a day. (I need to anyway because I need two batteries to get me through a day). I like the device and I want to like it. I really like the touch screen. But I'm getting jealous of a friend that has the Q9C and says he never has these problems.
    Check out the FAQ stickied at the top. Not only does it have a bunch of fixes, but it also has a walkthrough on how to troubleshoot these sort of issues.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174204

For the alarm clock not going off, that might be the alarm/notification bug (which can happen on most WM devices). There's a fix for that linked in the FAQ.
    For what it worth, I set TA to NLED and it stopped locking / freezing during normal daily use, and last night Sprite actually ran. In the morning, the Treo was not frozen, requiring reset. Would love the multicolor and variations on blinks, but green ok for now.
    Charliec
    I see in the notes that beta 12 added support for Goodlink email and calendar events. How do I enable this? Is there a trick to tell TA to point to goodlink?

Thanks
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but has anyone else noticed the incoming call dialog box get stuck after installing Treo Alerts?

It appears to happen when you have an active LED alert and you get a call.

See http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=175096 for more info.
    Yep, my experience is the same now that I have been using it for a couple days. I changed my backup time from 5am to 6am and the backup went off. So I thought it was fixed, but then the next day it wasn't working again. I didn't realize the alarms weren't going off until i read this thread, they do popup when i do a soft reset in the AM. I implemented the suggested alarm scheduler reg mod, as well and switched to NLED for compatibility and did a soft reset. We will see if this works, thanks for the help guys!!!

I have exactly the same experiences. This is something that troubles me alot. I am finding the 800w to not be reliable. It just freezes up even without touching it when it's in screen saver mode. I have the Sprite backup program scheduled to run automatically every night at 3:00 AM. Usually it does it. Some days it just doesn't do it and I have no idea why. The other night I was away without an alarm clock so I set the 800w to alarm at 7:00 AM. It didn't do it. I slept late. It didn't do the Sprite backup that night either. I had to pull the battery. I usually have to pull it on average twice a day. (I need to anyway because I need two batteries to get me through a day). I like the device and I want to like it. I really like the touch screen. But I'm getting jealous of a friend that has the Q9C and says he never has these problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    For what it worth, I set TA to NLED and it stopped locking / freezing during normal daily use, and last night Sprite actually ran. In the morning, the Treo was not frozen, requiring reset. Would love the multicolor and variations on blinks, but green ok for now.
    This has now worked for two nights in a row. I am now very happy. If you can get the multicolor blinks not to freeze the Treo, it would be perfect.
    Charliec
    runs great, but the LED stays on when activated wit charge making asoft reset necessary. How do you get the Day and Date in the Carrier line on the Home Screen without a install? Is it regedit?

tHanks
  19.    #739  
    Quote Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
    runs great, but the LED stays on when activated wit charge making asoft reset necessary. How do you get the Day and Date in the Carrier line on the Home Screen without a install? Is it regedit?

tHanks
    Choose "Long Date" as one of your display selections in TA's Display Settings Menu.
  20.    #740  
    Quote Originally Posted by agentTREO7 View Post
    I see in the notes that beta 12 added support for Goodlink email and calendar events. How do I enable this? Is there a trick to tell TA to point to goodlink?

Thanks
    It does not need enabling. I was never able to test it since I don't use Good. I just added the event guid's as reported by another Good user. Do you see an alert bubble at the top of the today screen when you receive Good email and calendar events?