Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1.    #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Does the NLED mode only support green blink?
    Yes. So Use TreoLED if you want multicolor, but if you experience problems in that mode you may want to use NLED, but you will be stuck with green blink.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Nope, that's all you should have to do. That is how I have it set and don't get any led notification. When this happens again take a look at what's in the registry at:

HKLM, System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active, CLSID

Post the value here.
    OK, I am still having this problem. It is weird though... it doesn't seem to start flashing every time I get an email... but most times it does. Anyways, the green LED is flashing now for email notification and this is what the registry says at the location you posted above.

(A877D65A-239C-47A7-9304-0D347F580408)

Any ideas?
    I also have a question. I went to configuration -> alert configuration ->Set LED alert colors and for voice mail I set it to orange solid.

BUT - I got RED solid.

Last night something wierd happened. I don't imply that this has anything to do with TA. I have my Sprite Backup program scheduled to do a backup automatically every night at 3:00 AM. It backs up to the SD card. It's been working fine. But it just did not do it last night.
    The phone also did not retrieve POP3 emails over night. After I touched the phone this morning it did a POP3 email retrieval. I don't know what happened but I don't like that it's not predictable.
    I'm trying to change the LED color for voice mail and I'm getting strange resutls.
    Orange-strobe turns off light.
    Orange-solid gives red solid.
    Orange-blink gives an orange blink (I use orange blink for new email so I want
    to use something else for voice mail.)
    Orange-blink-fast - gives orange blink fast.
    Orange-blink-turbo give orange blink turbo.
    red-blink-slow does that ok.
    green-blink-slow does that ok.
    orange-blink-slow does that ok.
    green-solid ok
    green-strobe turns off the light
    green-blink ok
    green-blink-fast ok
    green-blink-turbo ok
    red-solid ok
    red-strobe turns off the light
    red-blink ok
    red-blink-fast ok
    red-blink-turbo ok
    orange-solid - makes a red solid
    orange-strobe - turns off light.

I went through all options. It looks like there are two problems:
    1. All the strobe options turn off the light and don't work.
    2. And the orange-blink gives a red blink.

Thanjks
    Quote Originally Posted by reidler View Post
    I'm trying to change the LED color for voice mail and I'm getting strange resutls.
    Orange-strobe turns off light.
    Orange-solid gives red solid.
    Orange-blink gives an orange blink (I use orange blink for new email so I want
    to use something else for voice mail.)
    Orange-blink-fast - gives orange blink fast.
    Orange-blink-turbo give orange blink turbo.
    red-blink-slow does that ok.
    green-blink-slow does that ok.
    orange-blink-slow does that ok.
    green-solid ok
    green-strobe turns off the light
    green-blink ok
    green-blink-fast ok
    green-blink-turbo ok
    red-solid ok
    red-strobe turns off the light
    red-blink ok
    red-blink-fast ok
    red-blink-turbo ok
    orange-solid - makes a red solid
    orange-strobe - turns off light.

I went through all options. It looks like there are two problems:
    1. All the strobe options turn off the light and don't work.
    2. And the orange-blink gives a red blink.

Thanjks
    The options that are giving you incorrect results are unsupported on the 800w. Basically the orange solid and strobe modes do not work on the 800w. See here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...72&postcount=1
    I'm noticing some other strange things as well. I have missed call set to slow green, and I have voicemail set to fast green. When I have a voicemail, I only see a slow green blink... until I turn the screen on... then it starts the fast blink. When I turn the screen back off (without listening to the voicemail) it starts the slow blink again.

Are there any other programs that interfere with TreoAlert? I am running phonealarm as well.
    Thanks, zbob, for your answer.
    I'd also like to know what the precidence of events is. If I have different LEDs set and I have a voice mail and email and text messages and a missed call - which LEDs go on first, second last. etc.

Funny also - I was charging the phone. Had a red light on. I pulled out the charge cable. The red light stayed on. The charging symbol stayed on. As I started typing this - 3-4 minutes later - it turned off the charging symbol and red light. ???
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower49 View Post
    I'm noticing some other strange things as well. I have missed call set to slow green, and I have voicemail set to fast green. When I have a voicemail, I only see a slow green blink... until I turn the screen on... then it starts the fast blink. When I turn the screen back off (without listening to the voicemail) it starts the slow blink again.

Are there any other programs that interfere with TreoAlert? I am running phonealarm as well.
    Yup, that's explained here as well:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...72&postcount=1

Basically the LED driver has a bug where it doesn't preserve the blink rates while suspended, if that bugs you, stick to the standard blink rates (green-blink, red-blink, orange-blink) and they'll be consistent. I can't fix this without replacing the driver.
    Thanks, zbob, for your answer.
    I'd also like to know what the precidence of events is. If I have different LEDs set and I have a voice mail and email and text messages and a missed call - which LEDs go on first, second last. etc.

Funny also - I was charging the phone. Had a red light on. I pulled out the charge cable. The red light stayed on. The charging symbol stayed on. As I started typing this - 3-4 minutes later - it turned off the charging symbol and red light. ???
    Hannip listed the precedence a couple of pages back:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=603

FWIW, I believe I've seen the issue with the red light staying for awhile even without TA installed, but I might be mistaken. If you start seeing flaky behavior with the leds, you may have to revert to using NLED rather than TreoLED.
  10.    #690  
    OK, I am still having this problem. It is weird though... it doesn't seem to start flashing every time I get an email... but most times it does. Anyways, the green LED is flashing now for email notification and this is what the registry says at the location you posted above.

(A877D65A-239C-47A7-9304-0D347F580408)

Any ideas?
    That's a poutlook email guid. So do you have any other software installed that might be kicking off the led? If it's TA it would be consistently on or off depending on your event on/off setting. In fact you can toggle the on/off while the led is flashing to see it turn off and on. I'm willing to bet you have some other software messing with you. Like I said, I use it all the time with email events turned off and never have the led go off unexpectedly and I'm sure many would be reporting this problem along with you if it were indeed TA doing it.

If you have time you should try backing up your device and doing a hard reset then install TA with email events off and see if you can duplicate the problem.
  11.    #691  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Hannip listed the precedence a couple of pages back:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=603

FWIW, I believe I've seen the issue with the red light staying for awhile even without TA installed, but I might be mistaken. If you start seeing flaky behavior with the leds, you may have to revert to using NLED rather than TreoLED.
    Yes that's a device glitch. TreoLED or not that charging red light and indicator will get stuck on every now and then. Not a TA or TreoLED issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    That's a poutlook email guid. So do you have any other software installed that might be kicking off the led?
    I have phonealarm installed (but email is unchecked in the phonealarm options).

Is there something I need to disable in outlook? I can't find anything.
  13.    #693  
    I have phonealarm installed (but email is unchecked in the phonealarm options).

Is there something I need to disable in outlook? I can't find anything.
    Have you tried uninstalling phonealarm to see if it solves your problem? Actually uninstalling it might not be good enough. I've heard PA can leave led settings messed up even after uninstalling it.
    Is there a quick and easy way to turn off all alarms for a day or so. I assume that TIMER ON/OFF is to ignore the TIMER settings or not. ? Like on the weekend I would not want the alarms on. I tried setting the timer to 3PM-4PM and left TIMER to ON. But is there another feature that I don't know?
    Thanks.
  15.    #695  
    Is there a quick and easy way to turn off all alarms for a day or so. I assume that TIMER ON/OFF is to ignore the TIMER settings or not. ? Like on the weekend I would not want the alarms on. I tried setting the timer to 3PM-4PM and left TIMER to ON. But is there another feature that I don't know?
    Thanks.
    Alert Settings Menu -> (D):=DISABLED
    Thank you. By the way I never asked - The Sounds and Notifications settings in the phone - should I do something with that? Turn them off or what should I do?
  17.    #697  
    Thank you. By the way I never asked - The Sounds and Notifications settings in the phone - should I do something with that? Turn them off or what should I do?
    You still use S&N for the initial sound, but if you are using TA vibes you should uncheck the corresponding vibe setting in S&N.
    [QUOTE=hannip;1533513]You still use S&N for the initial sound, but if you are using TA vibes you should uncheck the corresponding vibe setting in S&N.[/QUOTE

Does Alert Pro have the ability to make the initial sound/alert as well? I think I would like an option for Alert Pro to do all the alerting - even the initial alert if possible. This way I can go into Sounds and Notifications and turn it off completely. I say this because I'm getting very confused since I am setting things and they are not performing as expected. In Voice Command I set it to announce the phone call. I told it to announce through the speaker. It sometimes announces it through the bluetooth. When it does that the speaker also plays the phone ringing but plays it very distorted. Since Alert Pro seems to be performing most reliably I would just the same turn the others off and just use Alert Pro.

Meanwhile I do have Sounds & Notifications set to do the initial alert. I have all the vibrate alerts in S&N unchecked and Alert Pro does the rest. Nevertheless, I think S&N is sending reminders because every so often it rings to tell me I received emails - though the number of emails was unchanged. I don't know why it would send reminders because the REPEAT option is not even available for emails. It's only available for calendar reminders - and I have that unchecked. Thanks.
  19.    #699  
    Does Alert Pro have the ability to make the initial sound/alert as well? I think I would like an option for Alert Pro to do all the alerting - even the initial alert if possible. This way I can go into Sounds and Notifications and turn it off completely. I say this because I'm getting very confused since I am setting things and they are not performing as expected. In Voice Command I set it to announce the phone call. I told it to announce through the speaker. It sometimes announces it through the bluetooth. When it does that the speaker also plays the phone ringing but plays it very distorted. Since Alert Pro seems to be performing most reliably I would just the same turn the others off and just use Alert Pro.

Meanwhile I do have Sounds & Notifications set to do the initial alert. I have all the vibrate alerts in S&N unchecked and Alert Pro does the rest. Nevertheless, I think S&N is sending reminders because every so often it rings to tell me I received emails - though the number of emails was unchanged. I don't know why it would send reminders because the REPEAT option is not even available for emails. It's only available for calendar reminders - and I have that unchecked. Thanks.
    I'll consider doing that maybe in the next version. 8.2 seems pretty solid now so I'll probably GM it soon.
    am I to understand that there is a way to disable alerts all together in S&N? If so I would loooove to disable the missed call notification and let Treo Alert handle it by itself.