Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Ok, charged up last night. Rock solid this morning. No hangs, slowdowns, etc... It's beautiful. I used NLED as directed. I must have some other software on there that was conflicting with the LED during charging. Nonetheless, thank you all for working on TreoAlerts. This is the single most important piece of software on our phones.
  2.    #662  
    Good news spam2000,

Curious, do you have this patch installed?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...usb/index.html
    So is the consensus that TreoAlert is mature now and free of any major bugs? I have been waiting for a final release to install it. I can't wait as I am sick of the built-in functionality. Does the proggy address the quiet ringer problems? Persistent, repeating alerts that actually work?!
    No problems with it on my 800W today (fact is, no problems with the previous one).
    Any way to add information about ringer volume to the display information?
    Laissez Faire
  6.    #666  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Any way to add information about ringer volume to the display information?
    How about a flashing notice when the ringer volume is 0 like there is now for when the ringer switch is off?
    I don't want any notification at all when I get an email. I have gone under EVENT CONFIG and set Email Messages to OFF, but I still get a flashing green LED when I get an email. Am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    How about a flashing notice when the ringer volume is 0 like there is now for when the ringer switch is off?
    How about adjustable (notice when less than, say, 6) or a number that appears along with the Signal and Battery in the display settings? Sometimes volume falls to a low but not zero level.
    Laissez Faire
    Uh oh! I was sitting at my desk minding my own business and charging my phone. Battery was at about 65% so I plugged it in. I left it. At 10:52 AM I picked up the phone and it was FROZEN! The screen saver was stuck on 10:17 AM. No key touches would unfreeze it. I had to pull the battery. But I did recharge it last night over night and the Timer was set on to turn alerts off at 2AM and back on 6AM. When I woke up the phone was fine.
    Sorry - but thought you need to know. (I don't know why it happened. Maybe has nothing to do with Alert Pro???).
    Also - Hannip - when I asked for a voice reminder to be added - I meant for calendar events in general. IF in the future you might be able to separate calendar events and alarm clock, that would be nice.
    Thanks.
  11.    #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower49 View Post
    I don't want any notification at all when I get an email. I have gone under EVENT CONFIG and set Email Messages to OFF, but I still get a flashing green LED when I get an email. Am I doing something wrong?
    Nope, that's all you should have to do. That is how I have it set and don't get any led notification. When this happens again take a look at what's in the registry at:

HKLM, System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active, CLSID

Post the value here.
  12.    #672  
    How about adjustable (notice when less than, say, 6) or a number that appears along with the Signal and Battery in the display settings? Sometimes volume falls to a low but not zero level.
    yeah, was thinking the same. I'll put it on the to-do list
  13.    #673  
    Quote Originally Posted by reidler View Post
    Uh oh! I was sitting at my desk minding my own business and charging my phone. Battery was at about 65% so I plugged it in. I left it. At 10:52 AM I picked up the phone and it was FROZEN! The screen saver was stuck on 10:17 AM. No key touches would unfreeze it. I had to pull the battery. But I did recharge it last night over night and the Timer was set on to turn alerts off at 2AM and back on 6AM. When I woke up the phone was fine.
    Sorry - but thought you need to know. (I don't know why it happened. Maybe has nothing to do with Alert Pro???).
    No way that was TA. When the phone is suspended on charge it doesn't run and with the NLED setting it isn't used for charging led transitions.
  14.    #674  
    Quote Originally Posted by reidler View Post
    Also - Hannip - when I asked for a voice reminder to be added - I meant for calendar events in general. IF in the future you might be able to separate calendar events and alarm clock, that would be nice.
    Thanks.
    Yep, I got that. Thx.
    Ref post 511... are all the led combinations working now? Or should we stick to the zbop recommends list?

Can someone explain the functionality of RC5 AND NLED? Not sure what that does.

Thanks
    So I am confused. What are the differences with the three plugins? Do they all work in the "carrier" line? How do they interact with the hidelogo?
    Laissez Faire
    Good news spam2000,

Curious, do you have this patch installed?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...usb/index.html
    I do have that patch installed. Just for good measure, I installed it again.

Despite my extremely minor problems, I love TA. I view it as an essential component of the Treo. In terms of stability, I would say that it's at least as stable as any windows mobile software, and has probably been more extensively tested than most. I'm one of the few people posting problems, and in my view, they that are probably attributable to a weird interaction of other components on a buggy early version of the 800w.
  18.    #678  
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Ref post 511... are all the led combinations working now? Or should we stick to the zbop recommends list?

Can someone explain the functionality of RC5 AND NLED? Not sure what that does.

Thanks
    Nothing has changed since that post so yeah, the zbop recommended settings are the only ones with predictable blink rates.

The NLED mode is for those that have issues with the TreoLED program. The NLED uses standard Windows Mobile API's to control the LED so it is safe. TreoLED uses undocumented calls to the LED driver that apparently is not compatible with all 800w devices.
    Last edited by hannip; 12/17/2008 at 05:01 PM.
  19.    #679  
    So I am confused. What are the differences with the three plugins? Do they all work in the "carrier" line? How do they interact with the hidelogo?
    Only the carrier plugin uses the carrier line. The other ones are separate today plugins. If you want them to replace the carrier plugin you'll need to use zbop's hidecarrier program.
    Nothing has changed since that post so yeah, the zbop recommended settings are the only ones with predictable blink rates.

The NLED mode is for those that have issues with the TreoLED program. The NLED uses standard Windows Mobile API's to control the LED so it is safe. TreoLED uses undocumented calls to the LED driver that apparently is not compatible with all 800w devices.
    Does the NLED mode only support green blink?
    Laissez Faire