Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Hmmm, RC4-Z does not use any of the new LED code, it simply passes requests back to the original LEDUp.exe program.
    OK So its not the LED. Most of us have TA timer scheduled to turn off at night. When a alert comes in while it is off is when we have the problems. I proved this by turning off my timer and voila, my 800w did not freeze overnight.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    ok here's another issue I'm having.

I run SPB mobile shell, and recently switched back to using Palm Threaded SMS so that the shell could get the unread count of sms properly. If I get a new message, I get the LED alert, on screen alert, and SPB shows "1". If I press dismiss, alert goes away, notification goes away, and my count is reset to 0. If anything else happens at any point (missed call, email, etc), my unread sms count goes back to "1", and it ends up being the same sms that I already dismissed.

This is probably over obvious, but if this is the case, is there anyway to have the dismiss option mark the sms read rather than just resetting the count?

I used poutlook to do this, but mobile shell won't notify me of a new sms with it.
  3.    #643  
    Hmmm , RC4-Z does not use any of the new LED code, it simply passes requests back to the original LEDUp.exe program.
    What did you do, gut TreoLED to call NLED.exe?.
  4.    #644  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    OK So its not the LED. Most of us have TA timer scheduled to turn off at night. When a alert comes in while it is off is when we have the problems. I proved this by turning off my timer and voila, my 800w did not freeze overnight.
    Are you saying that when alert monitoring is disabled at night (timer) you had a hang occur?.
    TA just calls TreoLED -off in that case unless charging. hmm. Were you charging at night?
  5.    #645  
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    ok here's another issue I'm having.

I run SPB mobile shell, and recently switched back to using Palm Threaded SMS so that the shell could get the unread count of sms properly. If I get a new message, I get the LED alert, on screen alert, and SPB shows "1". If I press dismiss, alert goes away, notification goes away, and my count is reset to 0. If anything else happens at any point (missed call, email, etc), my unread sms count goes back to "1", and it ends up being the same sms that I already dismissed.

This is probably over obvious, but if this is the case, is there anyway to have the dismiss option mark the sms read rather than just resetting the count?

I used poutlook to do this, but mobile shell won't notify me of a new sms with it.
    What is your "Reset Counts on Dismiss" settting? If set to Yes it should stay 0 no matter if you get other types of alerts or not. I wonder if SBP is doing something weird here. Unfortunately Palm SMS doesn't have an API so the only way to mark messages read is via the UI.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Are you saying that when alert monitoring is disabled at night (timer) you had a hang occur?
    Yes there are several other reports here of the same thing happening.

Were you charging at night?
    Yes, until it freezes. Then it stops charging.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    What did you do, gut TreoLED to call NLED.exe?.
    Exactly, I figured it was the quickest way to isolate just the 800w LED code as the source of the problem.

FWIW, I still believe it is the LED driver in spite of spam2000's reported hang. I just wish I could reproduce it...
    What is your "Reset Counts on Dismiss" settting? If set to Yes it should stay 0 no matter if you get other types of alerts or not. I wonder if SBP is doing something weird here. Unfortunately Palm SMS doesn't have an API so the only way to mark messages read is via the UI.
    Reset on dismiss is set to yes, but I think spb periodically checks the app, and since resetting the count doesnt actually mark it read, once it goes in to look, it sees an unread message, then re-updates the unread count. just a guess, but its consistantly showing me that i have unread messages that i have previously dismissed with TA on.
    Hi. I just discovered Treo Alert Pro. I'm new to the Treo 800w. I was not happy about the way the Treo vibrated to alert me of incoming calls. I missed many calls. Someone told me to look for Treo Alert Pro. I found it and installed it on Thursday. It's Great! Thank you. I'm still a novice on its features. I keep making changes to test each feature just to learn all its capabilities.

I'm sorry to interrupt the current ongoing discussion about the freezing problem. As far as that goes I do use all the LEDS and vibrations and reminders (option #5). I use the timer to turn off alerts starting 2AM and back on at 6AM. I'll probably adjust those times. I will charge my phone tonight and see if it freezes.

A quick question - I think there is no voice reminder for Calendar alerts? Is that right? Or am I doing something wrong? I think there is a voice reminder for all other alerts (VM, EMAIL, Text messages and Missed calls) but not for calendar events. Why wouldn't there be one for calendar events also.

Are ALARM events included in calendar events? Can they be made separate in case I want to use the phone as an alarm clock but want to turn off Calendar alerts.

Thank you very much. This makes me much happier with my Treo 800w. I set up my phone vibrate on incomnig calls to 10 short vibrations. And it repeats right away until I answer.
  10.    #650  
    Quote Originally Posted by reidler View Post
    Hi. I just discovered Treo Alert Pro. I'm new to the Treo 800w. I was not happy about the way the Treo vibrated to alert me of incoming calls. I missed many calls. Someone told me to look for Treo Alert Pro. I found it and installed it on Thursday. It's Great! Thank you. I'm still a novice on its features. I keep making changes to test each feature just to learn all its capabilities.

I'm sorry to interrupt the current ongoing discussion about the freezing problem. As far as that goes I do use all the LEDS and vibrations and reminders (option #5). I use the timer to turn off alerts starting 2AM and back on at 6AM. I'll probably adjust those times. I will charge my phone tonight and see if it freezes.

A quick question - I think there is no voice reminder for Calendar alerts? Is that right? Or am I doing something wrong? I think there is a voice reminder for all other alerts (VM, EMAIL, Text messages and Missed calls) but not for calendar events. Why wouldn't there be one for calendar events also.

Are ALARM events included in calendar events? Can they be made separate in case I want to use the phone as an alarm clock but want to turn off Calendar alerts.

Thank you very much. This makes me much happier with my Treo 800w. I set up my phone vibrate on incomnig calls to 10 short vibrations. And it repeats right away until I answer.
    Hi reidler,

The op sys uses the same identifier for calendar reminders and alarms. I'm not sure there is an easy way to distinguish one from the other which is why they are all grouped under Reminders in TA. I'll add it to the to-do list to investigate this and add a voice reminder for it, but it won't be in the 8.2 release.
  11.    #651  
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    Reset on dismiss is set to yes, but I think spb periodically checks the app, and since resetting the count doesnt actually mark it read, once it goes in to look, it sees an unread message, then re-updates the unread count. just a guess, but its consistantly showing me that i have unread messages that i have previously dismissed with TA on.
    TA goes by what's set for unread count in the registry. If spb is changing that there's not much TA can do about it.
  12.    #652  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Yes there are several other reports here of the same thing happening.

Yes, until it freezes. Then it stops charging.
    Yeah so TreoLED is being used to transition the LED color while charging so that's most likely why you are getting the hang there. I'm still planning on an RC5 version that will allow you to choose either TreoLED or NLED for those that are experiencing hangs. Unfortunately I had to work this weekend, but I'll try to get it done in the next few days.
    Exactly, I figured it was the quickest way to isolate just the 800w LED code as the source of the problem.

FWIW, I still believe it is the LED driver in spite of spam2000's reported hang. I just wish I could reproduce it...
    Hi Zbop,
    It only partially hung up on Friday overnight charge. I could still work on text messages, but had some issues with the keyguard that forced me to remove battery. There were no hangs after last night's over night charge. Everything is working perfectly today. I think my hang Friday night might've just been a co-incidental windows hang. Today it's perfect with no battery removal.
  14.    #654  
    For those observiing hangs, this one's for you.

Install and go to
    Configuration->Alerts Configuration->Set LED Alert Colors
    and select NLED (Compatibility)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...06#post1462706
    Hi. Firstly my phone did not freeze as I let it charge last night with the timers set on.

New question - Is there a time limit for how long the reminder alerts come? I was in a meeting and had my phone on vibrate. It vibrated a signal (2 long vibrates) that it received a new email. It then vibrated the reminder signal (1short vibrate) every minute (for testing I've set it to every minute - that will change very soon). After a while I realized that it just stopped that reminder signal. Is that correct? Should it keep signalling until I stop it or does it stop automatically after a time? What are those guidelines? Thanks.
  16.    #656  
    Hi. Firstly my phone did not freeze as I let it charge last night with the timers set on.

New question - Is there a time limit for how long the reminder alerts come? I was in a meeting and had my phone on vibrate. It vibrated a signal (2 long vibrates) that it received a new email. It then vibrated the reminder signal (1short vibrate) every minute (for testing I've set it to every minute - that will change very soon). After a while I realized that it just stopped that reminder signal. Is that correct? Should it keep signalling until I stop it or does it stop automatically after a time? What are those guidelines? Thanks.
    The reminder should keep going until you either dismiss the notification or otherwise view the email etc. I've had on rare occasions that it stopped the reminder sometime after the device had been suspended for a while and continued once I resumed the device, but that doesn't happen too often for me. TA depends on the OS to wake up the reminder script at each interval. Sometimes it seems it doesn't quite wake up all the way.
    I did have it set to display the screensaver which it did. But it usually works that way as well. I've noticed this a few times but have not been able to put my finger on it to determine exactly when it stops. So I wondered if there was a timeout. Thanks and thank you for your work and efforts.
    May I ask a question about vibrations? Do you mind my asking questions?

I set my phone ring vibe to -l 250 -s 200 -r 9. I basically want it to keep doing short vibrations continuously until I pick up or it goes to voice mail.
    The above sequence makes it do 10 short vibrations but then waits a second or two before doing it again. Why does it not keep going over with no break? I tried -l 250 -s 200 -l 0 -s 0 -r 9 but that made no difference. I suppose I could set the -r to 30. My guess is that my sequence defines one "ring" length sequence. Then it takes about 1-2 second break before the phone does the next "ring" sequence?
    Thanks again.
  19.    #659  
    May I ask a question about vibrations? Do you mind my asking questions?

I set my phone ring vibe to -l 250 -s 200 -r 9. I basically want it to keep doing short vibrations continuously until I pick up or it goes to voice mail.
    The above sequence makes it do 10 short vibrations but then waits a second or two before doing it again. Why does it not keep going over with no break? I tried -l 250 -s 200 -l 0 -s 0 -r 9 but that made no difference. I suppose I could set the -r to 30. My guess is that my sequence defines one "ring" length sequence. Then it takes about 1-2 second break before the phone does the next "ring" sequence?
    Thanks again.
    If you have "Repeat Vibe While Ringing" set to "Yes" it will repeat your vibe every 6 seconds. You could set this to "No" and set your custom repeat to a large number to get your desired result.

Be forewarned that some people experience a buzzing sound when answering a call during a vibe so it might be advantageous to have a pause so you can answer between vibes.
    For those observiing hangs, this one's for you.

Install and go to
    Configuration->Alerts Configuration->Set LED Alert Colors
    and select NLED (Compatibility)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...06#post1462706
    Thank you Hannip! I love TreoAlerts. Sorry to be such a pain with my hangs. I have a good feeling about RC5.