Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    I was having an issue with my exchange server not syncing. I had RC4 installed, did a hard reset & installed it again.

In the past, if I got a text message (email, reminder, etc) & I dismissed it (but didnt read it), TA would keep letting me know that the item was still there (by flashing the LED & displaying on the main screen).

Now, if I get a text (or email, etc) & I choose dismiss, the reminder goes away for good.

Right now, I have 1 unread text (I dismissed the notification), 2 voicemails, and 1 unread email.

I dismissed the notifications & TA is no longer telling me there to go look for them (via billboard or flashing).

Any ideas which way it should work?

Now I got a missed call, I still have 2 VM, 1 Text, 1 email & now its displaying only 1 MC (the other items show as 0).
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    I was having an issue with my exchange server not syncing. I had RC4 installed, did a hard reset & installed it again.

In the past, if I got a text message (email, reminder, etc) & I dismissed it (but didnt read it), TA would keep letting me know that the item was still there (by flashing the LED & displaying on the main screen).

Now, if I get a text (or email, etc) & I choose dismiss, the reminder goes away for good.

Right now, I have 1 unread text (I dismissed the notification), 2 voicemails, and 1 unread email.

I dismissed the notifications & TA is no longer telling me there to go look for them (via billboard or flashing).

Any ideas which way it should work?

Now I got a missed call, I still have 2 VM, 1 Text, 1 email & now its displaying only 1 MC (the other items show as 0).
    I'm not sure, but I think you can change that behavior by going into:

Configuration -> Display Configuration -> Reset Counts On Dismiss
    Zbop, The onlt feture I was using with RC4 was the LED. Currently I have TA removed. am going to install RC3 tomorrow and see if I have any problems again. THe only times I saw a problem is charging overnight. As I put in my earlyer post I was thinking it was SPB Phone and did not think about TA as the cause.
    Zbop - I must have hit that reset counts on dimiss. Thanks that fixed it!
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Has anyone that's running into issues with RC4 actually tried what Hannip and I suggested? (which is to disable LED notifications for a short period of time).
    I have and last night my phone froze at 4:34AM. When I took it off the charger at 7:15AM it was down to 80% battery.

My freezes seem to only happen during the hours when TA is not handling the alerts. I think that is portion of the program where your troubles will be found.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    These are the changes since beta 14...

RC1 changes:
    Billboard plugin update
    800w color LED support
    Treo Pro support

RC2 changes:
    Restores the charging light after an LED alert is dismissed while charging.

RC3 changes:
    Fixed issue where charging light would get stuck on after charge cable was pulled.

RC4 changes:
    Fixes bluetooth icons in Billboard plugin when using RealVGA.

At this point, there are enough people reporting problems that I believe something is wrong, and I have a feeling it is in the LED support; but I also believe it's in the driver rather than in TA or TreoLED, which sorta means you're SOL on getting reliable use of LED colors. Although I could potentially rewrite the LED driver, Palm is not paying me to do their work for them.

Has anyone that's running into issues with RC4 actually tried what Hannip and I suggested? (which is to disable LED notifications for a short period of time). I feel your pain guys, but if you don't help us isolate the problem, it's not gonna get fixed, given that we can't reproduce it.

Go into Alert Settings and pick either (3) VIBE & REMINDER or (D) DISABLED and try running in that mode for a couple days and see if the problems clear up.

One other thing is, if your 800w is really susceptible to hangs with RC4, maybe you can try installing TreoLED from here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174144

And manually test the different LED states to see if you can reproduce the hang. If you can, then we clearly have our cause.
    I had installed RC4 and turned off the LED stuff at first...
    Ran fine for a few days.. Had turned it off because the flashing LED was waking me up if I got email or missed a call while I was sleeping.. (I sleep at different times so the "timer" function does me no good.)

My Guess is the LED driver or the interface you are using to it are bad.

When I turned on the LED announcements it would periodically lock up my phone when an alert was active. If I received and missed a call while an alert was active then the little "so and so is calling" window would stay in place and the soft keys and the whole bottom of the screen were frozen and unusable. Required a soft reset to fix.

Removed Treo Alerts and all has been fine since..

To be honest I used to have lock up issues on my 700WX under simular situations when I still had that. I had removed TA off my phone due to the lockups during alerts but that was quite a few versions ago. It also seemed to slow the 700wx way down and I do notice a slight slow down with the 800w.
    Guys, thanks for the info. This is helping somewhat, but still doesn't narrow it down enough. I have an idea of how we can find this out, but it requires that I put some code together. I will need some help once that's ready.

The lockups are puzzling, and I have literally changed my LED state well over 100,000 times while testing without any hangs, so I'm at a failure to explain why it might be causing issues on certain devices, unless there are different hardware revisions.

But now that I think about it, I find it suspicious that Palm seems to have deliberately omitted the orange blink on the 800w which typically signifies the "No signal" condition (as on the 700w, 700wx, 750). It could be that they knew there were issues, but rather than fix the bug they simply chose not to use it...
    I spoke too soon....my phone hung while charging last night. I have the TA timer set not to bug me at night....got a couple emails at about 3am and this morning my orange light was blinking, yet the phone wouldn't wake. Oh well, doesn't bug me but thought I'd correct my earlier statement about no issues with RC3.

The lockups are puzzling, and I have literally changed my LED state well over 100,000 times while testing without any hangs, so I'm at a failure to explain why it might be causing issues on certain devices, unless there are different hardware revisions.
    Well I am guessing what is happening is the lockups and such happen when an alert is active and something else wants to do something else. Aka receive an Email, a missed call etc..

It has nothing to do with changing states would be my guess... Almost acts like there is a memory leakage problem or dirty use of memory.

However to repeat the issue, engage the alerts (Aka flash the LED ), let it alert for a few minutes then get a missed call...

Thats how it seems to happen on my phone... The lockups are likely when my phone is searching for emails when an alert is active. Atleast that what it seems like because I have noticed email or txt message notifications when it happened the few times to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Well I am guessing what is happening is the lockups and such happen when an alert is active and something else wants to do something else. Aka receive an Email, a missed call etc..

It has nothing to do with changing states would be my guess... Almost acts like there is a memory leakage problem or dirty use of memory.

However to repeat the issue, engage the alerts (Aka flash the LED ), let it alert for a few minutes then get a missed call...

Thats how it seems to happen on my phone... The lockups are likely when my phone is searching for emails when an alert is active. Atleast that what it seems like because I have noticed email or txt message notifications when it happened the few times to me.
    Thanks for the suggestions...

Well, I've been testing the LED state changes primarily because that's *all* my code does. If we have eliminate the billboard plugin as a source of the problems, there were barely any changes to the TA code itself.

Regarding the other comments, I have been running RC4 since Hannip released it with the default LED settings and I leave my phone plugged in overnight (sometimes AC, sometimes USB) like everyone else, I get email alerts overnight like everyone else, and I do get missed call notifications when I already have an email alert active like everyone else. And I am getting email from POP3, IMAP and EAS accounts if that mattered.

I'm going to post a new CAB file that should help us confirm the issue.
    Zbop - I also have had no problems or lock ups.
    Guys, for those of you who are encountering hangs overnight, can you give this CAB file a try? (only install this if you were having issues with RC4)

This is a slightly modified version of RC4, which should revert your LED functionality back to the beta14. Please run it with the default LED settings, but all you will see is the standard green-blink. Also this version does not monkey with the LED while on the charger.

If you can run this version without any problems, then I'm afraid we either have a driver issue or a hardware issue.

Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Note: Before installing, you should dismiss any pending notifications.

EDIT: pulled the test cab since Hannip release RC5.
    Last edited by zbop; 12/14/2008 at 11:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Zbop - I also have had no problems or lock ups.
    Thanks Bclinger, this is what's driving me nuts, lol.

I can't find the smoking gun here, some people run it just fine, others have issues. I just don't see the common denominator for those running into problems.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    RC4 is running fine for me as well.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Guys, for those of you who are encountering hangs overnight, can you give this CAB file a try? (only install this if you were having issues with RC4)

This is a slightly modified version of RC4, which should revert your LED functionality back to the beta14. Please run it with the default LED settings, but all you will see is the standard green-blink. Also this version does not monkey with the LED while on the charger.

If you can run this version without any problems, then I'm afraid we either have a driver issue or a hardware issue.

Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Note: Before installing, you should dismiss any pending notifications.
    zbop--thank you for all of your efforts. I've missed TA over the past several days. It's very kind of you to work on this for the few of us having problems. I'll let you know how this works.
    Not a problem at all and the device is left on/charging at night, runs 24/7. Thing is, the only real hog I am running is FlexMail. Customization is at a minimum. The only application I have occasional problems with is Document's To Go Sheet application. After extended use, it wants to be terminated and restarted due to slow-downs. Never a soft reset other than the nightly soft reset after the daily backup. The alerts show and exit properly. Oh, yes, there is one other application that has emotional difficulty: Fizz Alarm. One alarm set, it goes off properly and then 5 minutes later it resounds and 20 minutes later another resound. A great application that just does not work right and the support...
  17.    #637  
    Hi guys, been another crazy week. So I am going to release an RC5 version that will allow you to choose between TreoLED and the old reliable NLED programs for those that are have issues. I'll
    work on that Saturday.

zbop: does TreoLED do anything "special" to turn off the LED? The comments about it freezing during transitions and while coming off of charging jogged my memory. When I first tried TA on the 800w I remember that TreoLed would hang the device when I used it simply to turn off the LED. Maybe it's not the colors, but something funky happening to turn them off. When I experienced a hang with the new version of TreLED it occurred when dismissing an alert which turned off the LED. Might be something there.
    Last edited by hannip; 12/12/2008 at 08:10 AM.
    Hi guys,
    RC4-Z froze up on me again last night after charging. It wasn't as totally hung up as before since I could power it on and off, but I couldn't unlock the keyguard. Uggghhhh....
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Hi guys, been another crazy week. So I am going to release an RC5 version that will allow you to choose between TreoLED and the old reliable NLED programs for those that are have issues. I'll
    work on that Saturday.

zbop: does TreoLED do anything "special" to turn off the LED? The comments about it freezing during transitions and while coming off of charging jogged my memory. When I first tried TA on the 800w I remember that TreoLed would hang the device when I used it simply to turn off the LED. Maybe it's not the colors, but something funky happening to turn them off. When I experienced a hang with the new version of TreLED it occurred when dismissing an alert which turned off the LED. Might be something there.
    Nah, nothing special or funny about it. The 800w support is pretty straight forward, just a few calls to NLedSetDevice().

If the hang occurs during a transition, I would suspect the driver. Typically, changes to modify hardware state or often bracketed with code to disable interrupts and such. If it is *not* happening during a state change, but instead occurs when multiple hardware events are happening, then I would suspect a hardware bug. Like I mentioned previously, I find it very suspicious that Palm seems to have deliberately left out the other LED indications on the 800w (orange blink for no signal, red blink for low battery). It could be coincidence or it could be that they knew there were issues.

EDIT: I take it back, I just intentionally ran my battery down and it does blink red for low battery (less than 5%), perhaps just orange blink is a problem.
    Last edited by zbop; 12/12/2008 at 05:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spam2000 View Post
    Hi guys,
    RC4-Z froze up on me again last night after charging. It wasn't as totally hung up as before since I could power it on and off, but I couldn't unlock the keyguard. Uggghhhh....
    Hmmm, RC4-Z does not use any of the new LED code, it simply passes requests back to the original LEDUp.exe program.