Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    dannzeman, I don't think that's how it works (hannip can correct me if I'm wrong). I think there is an order of precedence for the LED notification, rather than most recent; phonecall > sms > email

For example, if I have a waiting voicemail, I wouldn't want an email notification to hide the fact that I have a new voicemail. And given that I get a lot more email than voicemail, that would usually happen if I am not answering my phone (i.e. in a meeting).
    That makes sense. I guess I didn't know it was set up like that.

Thanks for the help guys, really love this app!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I was having problems with my alarms not going off with RC4 and when someone called, the box on the bottom of the screen would remain even thought I had answered or ignorned my calls. I was able to navigate around the Today screen with no problem. I then removed RC4 and went back to b14 and everything works good again. I do missed my orange blinky since the green is hard to see from different angles.
    GO KU!!!!!
  3.    #603  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    That makes sense. I guess I didn't know it was set up like that.

Thanks for the help guys, really love this app!
    zbop had it right and explained it very well. Precedence order is vmail -> missed calls -> sms -> email -> reminders.
  4.    #604  
    Sorry for being away all week. One of those weeks at work again.

Sorry to hear some of you are having issues. My bets are that it's a buggy led driver. For those having issues you can try different color/blink rates to see if there is a combination most stable for you. The majority of my alerts are emails and I use orange blink (normal) for that and haven't had a single issue with that setting. I have orange fast blink for sms and had 1 issue where I had to reset. Haven't had any issues with the other alerts at all.

My settings are:
    calendars/reminders: green-blink
    SMS messages: orange-blink-fast
    Email messages: orange-blink
    Missed Calls: red-blink-fast
    Voice Mail: green-blink-fast

If you had an alert that causes the Treo Alert display to freeze up let us know what the color setting was. So far it seems orange-blink-fast is the most troublesome.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    hannip,

I really miss messing with your "tweaks". You moved onto the 800w a while ago while I was still stuck on the 700wx (VZW). I did the WM6 upgrade that's posted on that forum (Ebag's work), and that was fantastic for about 6 months. I've now moved on the the Samsung Saga (i770) on VZW so I can no longer enjoy the wonderful work that's done here at TC. But I'm going to keep checking in. You're all some very talented people.

BTW, the Saga has some LED alerts built in. Which is pretty nice. But they're not customizable like TreoAlert.

In the mean time, take care folks. I'd be on the 800w with you except that VZW has better coverage where I need it.
    Yes, that is my boat.
  6.    #606  
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    hannip,

I really miss messing with your "tweaks". You moved onto the 800w a while ago while I was still stuck on the 700wx (VZW). I did the WM6 upgrade that's posted on that forum (Ebag's work), and that was fantastic for about 6 months. I've now moved on the the Samsung Saga (i770) on VZW so I can no longer enjoy the wonderful work that's done here at TC. But I'm going to keep checking in. You're all some very talented people.

BTW, the Saga has some LED alerts built in. Which is pretty nice. But they're not customizable like TreoAlert.

In the mean time, take care folks. I'd be on the 800w with you except that VZW has better coverage where I need it.
    Hey there mixman!

Who says you can't still use our tweaks.
    TreoAlerts is not just for Treo's anymore. It works fine on many non-treo devices. You might find that even tho the i770 already has LED alerts there may be other features of TA that you could make use of such has customized vibes per alert. Also the Billboard plugin and native windows plugin should work with all the various display options.

Since the i770 has a 320x320 display I'd have to add an entry to the devices.ini so that it can use the correct bluetooth icons in Billboard. If you are interested in using TA just send me your registry dump to hannip AT aol DOT com and I'll set you up.

Edit: Actually I forgot I changed the bitmap selection based on DPI setting so no entry is needed in the devices.ini after all, unless there are some other device specific settings that need to be made. Let me know how it works.
    Last edited by hannip; 12/07/2008 at 08:24 AM.
    I too am having issues with RC4 that I did not have with beta 14. I have not changed any of the settings and now I am having freezes on alerts as well as having the phone freeze up each night while it is charging. This is causing me to miss my morning alarm and my phone stops charging so when I unplug it is only at 60%. Any chance you could repost beta 14?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Edit: Actually I forgot I changed the bitmap selection based on DPI setting so no entry is needed in the devices.ini after all, unless there are some other device specific settings that need to be made. Let me know how it works.
    Will do. I'll give TA some attention in the very near future and report back about how it works on the i770. Thanks.
    Yes, that is my boat.
    I previously thought re-installing RC4 helped my overall system stability. I was mistaken and out of town, so I could not repost. I experienced the same types of problems that would require me to remove the battery several times per day. The most common hang is when recharging overnight. It would be completely locked up by morning. There would be other major hangs throughout the day. I have since uninstalled RC4 and have been running without any TA for several days now with no hangs. I didn't make any changes or installs when I went from beta to RC4 to no TA versions. I'm now convinced that the problems I was having was related to RC4. I really like TA and miss it terribly.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I too am having issues with RC4 that I did not have with beta 14. I have not changed any of the settings and now I am having freezes on alerts as well as having the phone freeze up each night while it is charging. This is causing me to miss my morning alarm and my phone stops charging so when I unplug it is only at 60%. Any chance you could repost beta 14?
    I somehow overlooked your post when I added mine. I'm having the exact problem with freezing overnight while charging. I also have to pull the battery at least 2x per day. Since I uninstalled RC4, I do not have any more freezes. I haven't pulled the battery at all this weekend.
    I thought I'd chime in with what I'm observing with RC4 as well. I've also redownloaded and reinstalled to convince myself it wasn't a bad install.

When charging via my Vista PC's usb port--that's when the alerts don't seem to happen for me. I activesync email with Exchange and my home PC. When "docked" there are no flashing LEDs (no matter the color or flash pattern), no message count, no TreoAlerts action of any type. Oddly enough, I don't get the standard notification played either, which sounds kinda like what people are experiencing with alarms.

Unplugged or plugged in with the standard charger is good. I get my normal notification sound, flashing LED, and the reminders thereafter.

Left out one important fact... email alerts (only) is the issue I'm having while docked. Other alerts (vm, mc, sms) are OK.
    Last edited by phonedude; 12/08/2008 at 06:32 PM. Reason: left out one important fact... email alerts (only) is the issue I'm having. other alerts are OK.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    hannip,

On the Samsung i770, the Today screen plugin does function, but can't be move all the way to the top (like I used to do on my WX). The LED alert seems to get a good bit of a fight from Samsung's built in LED alert, and looses. I tried to set "rapid flash red" for a missed call. What I got was about 2 rapid red flashes and then the phone switched to default white flash and then got stuck on white solid.

Please note, I'm alright with the default on this, so I'm not asking for extra effort on your part. However, if you want me to keep playing with it and reporting back, I'm happy to do so.
    Yes, that is my boat.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spam2000 View Post
    I somehow overlooked your post when I added mine. I'm having the exact problem with freezing overnight while charging. I also have to pull the battery at least 2x per day.
    I'm also experiencing the same issue since upgrading from Beta 10 to RC4. Not sure if downgrading is an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggee6688 View Post
    I was having problems with my alarms not going off with RC4 and when someone called, the box on the bottom of the screen would remain even thought I had answered or ignorned my calls. I was able to navigate around the Today screen with no problem. I then removed RC4 and went back to b14 and everything works good again. I do missed my orange blinky since the green is hard to see from different angles.
    Just wanted to confirm that I experience the same symptoms as you stated above...although the missed alarms occurs much more frequently for me than the frozen box on the bottom of my screen. I will most likely go back to beta 14 until this gets fixed as i'll be travelling next week and use my phone as my alarm clock. it's good to know that reverting back a version fixes the problem though.
    I too am experiencing the freezing issues since I upgraded to RC4. I have not yet decided to move back though - it seems to happen only when charging. Is that what everyone has noticed?
    yep.
    FWIW hannip, I am still using RC3 with none of the issues described with RC4....was there some change that helps diagnose?
    Come to think of it I installed RC4 and SPB Phone at the same time. I blamed the problems on SPB phone and removed it. The nightly lockups continued and I was still blaming SPB. I reloaded my phone over the weekend but I did not install TA RC4 yet and my phone has been rock solid. I guess if I install RC4 and the lockups start again I know what the problem was.
    These are the changes since beta 14...

RC1 changes:
    Billboard plugin update
    800w color LED support
    Treo Pro support

RC2 changes:
    Restores the charging light after an LED alert is dismissed while charging.

RC3 changes:
    Fixed issue where charging light would get stuck on after charge cable was pulled.

RC4 changes:
    Fixes bluetooth icons in Billboard plugin when using RealVGA.

At this point, there are enough people reporting problems that I believe something is wrong, and I have a feeling it is in the LED support; but I also believe it's in the driver rather than in TA or TreoLED, which sorta means you're SOL on getting reliable use of LED colors. Although I could potentially rewrite the LED driver, Palm is not paying me to do their work for them.

Has anyone that's running into issues with RC4 actually tried what Hannip and I suggested? (which is to disable LED notifications for a short period of time). I feel your pain guys, but if you don't help us isolate the problem, it's not gonna get fixed, given that we can't reproduce it.

Go into Alert Settings and pick either (3) VIBE & REMINDER or (D) DISABLED and try running in that mode for a couple days and see if the problems clear up.

One other thing is, if your 800w is really susceptible to hangs with RC4, maybe you can try installing TreoLED from here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174144

And manually test the different LED states to see if you can reproduce the hang. If you can, then we clearly have our cause.
    I am rock solid on rc4.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    I am rock solid on rc4.
    Thanks Les, I am as well, which really makes me wonder what is different between those having issues and those who aren't.

Given the high number of downloads on RC4, I suspect that many are doing ok (hard to tell since many of those downloads can also be non-800w users).