Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I don't use billboard, i just also use the stock carrier line. I only have TA set to show the Long Date. As I said in an earlier post, I have a pretty minimal configuration of TA. Besides the above, I don't even have any reminders set. I just have TA set to vibe and use the LED when I get the original notifcations, and I also only used red blink fast or green blink fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    charliec, what LED settings were you using if any?
    Calendar: Green-strobe
    SMS: O-b-f
    Email: o-b
    MC: g-b
    VM: g-b-t
    Last edited by charliec; 11/28/2008 at 01:41 PM.
    Charliec
    where do i find install program
    RC 14 seems to drain my battery faster than beta 14. But all the color LED work well.
    This is a stupid question. I cannot figure out how to turn off the LED. It's on all the time. I looked all through the configuration pages, but cannot figure it out. Is this draining my battery? I also seem to have less stability with RC4 vs. previous versions (upgraded from beta 14). I'm going to try to uninstall/re-install. Any help would be appreciated.
    i have noticed in RC4 that treoalert seems to "crash/hang" more often than before...symptoms of crashing/hanging I experience generally are "SMS=1" stuck in the carrier display and for some reason, my set alarms do not ring until after i reset (like the alarms set in the 'clock & alarms' settings of wm6). Anyone experiencing similar problems or is my phone just crazy? (On a side note i just hard resetted twice for different reasons but still experience the above symptoms after reinstall).
    After the uninstall/re-install, the LED went off and it's much more stable.
    I've been testing TA over the weekend and have not been able to reproduce any of the hangs. I've also reviewed the code thoroughly, I don't believe any of the changes that I made could be producing the hangs directly. There is still a possibility that the Palm LED driver is buggy. By enabling the different colored blinks and blink rates, we are using combinations that were probably never tested by Palm.

If you run into issues, I would recommend first redownloading the cab before reinstalling (given that I ran into a bad download before).

If that doesn't fix it, try disabling the LED notification for awhile and see if you are still running into issues.
    For future reference, where exactly is the "official" place/link to download your program from?
  10.    #590  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal71 View Post
    For future reference, where exactly is the "official" place/link to download your program from?
    It's referenced in the first post, but here is the link.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=2050
    I'm only able to get green and orange plain blinking leds on my Treo 750 (TA RC4). Can't get blink-fast, strobe, blink-turbo and solid led states to work properly. Anyone else having similar problems or know how to get it to work?

Thx.
    I hard reset my device, installed the new hide carrier by zbop, then Treo Alerts and thats it. I have led set to red blink for sms and green blink for missed calls. When I get a sms it blinks red, then if I get a missed call after that it blinks green, but if I get another sms it doesn't go back to red. It stays green. Not a big deal by any means. I see the missed call alert, check it and find out I got a text too. I just thought since the missed called changed the color then recieving another text would change it back. Also, is it possible to get it to flash red then green letting me know I have both a text and a missed call?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    I hard reset my device, installed the new hide carrier by zbop, then Treo Alerts and thats it. I have led set to red blink for sms and green blink for missed calls. When I get a sms it blinks red, then if I get a missed call after that it blinks green, but if I get another sms it doesn't go back to red. It stays green. Not a big deal by any means. I see the missed call alert, check it and find out I got a text too. I just thought since the missed called changed the color then recieving another text would change it back. Also, is it possible to get it to flash red then green letting me know I have both a text and a missed call?
    dannzeman, I don't think that's how it works (hannip can correct me if I'm wrong). I think there is an order of precedence for the LED notification, rather than most recent; phonecall > sms > email

For example, if I have a waiting voicemail, I wouldn't want an email notification to hide the fact that I have a new voicemail. And given that I get a lot more email than voicemail, that would usually happen if I am not answering my phone (i.e. in a meeting).
    Installed the latest version probably a week and a half ago. I use my phone as an alarm (just the native WM6.1 alarm). I also charge my phone every night. Early last week my alarm didn't go off, just thought it was a one time thing. Went home over Thanksgiving and didn't need the alarm but one morning, and I was up before it went off. So, back to work this week and the alarm still doesn't work. I do some testing and figure out that it doesn't seem to work when plugged in. The device will also hang sometimes when I change the alarm settings. I uninstalled the current version of TA and then downloaded OTA directly from the site and reinstalled it on Tuesday. Wednesday morning, still no go on the alarm. So, yesterday I hard reset and restored from prior to when I installed the latest version of TA. Voila, my alarm goes off fine this morning.

My thoughts: I wonder if it has something to do with the LED. I tried setting an alarm while plugged in and it went off fine. I am thinking that the issue could have something to do with the LED and how it goes from red to green when charged?? Granted, I have no knowledge to back this up, just thinking out loud. The reason I say that is because of the major change in the newest version of TA being LED color functionality. I read about some having issues and reinstalling, and I did that but to no avail. Anyone have an advice or thoughts on this?

I am fine with using the old version for now as my alarm is more important than having multi color LED alerts, but I would like both if someone has any ideas on why this might be happening...thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by kristallix View Post
    I'm only able to get green and orange plain blinking leds on my Treo 750 (TA RC4). Can't get blink-fast, strobe, blink-turbo and solid led states to work properly. Anyone else having similar problems or know how to get it to work?

Thx.
    Yeah, on the 750 only a few of the LED modes will work (orange blink, green blink). Unfortunately, I never got my hands on a 750 so I didn't get a chance to figure out the rest.

I thought that a couple of the solid states worked on the 750 though...
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1754 View Post
    Installed the latest version probably a week and a half ago. I use my phone as an alarm (just the native WM6.1 alarm). I also charge my phone every night. Early last week my alarm didn't go off, just thought it was a one time thing. Went home over Thanksgiving and didn't need the alarm but one morning, and I was up before it went off. So, back to work this week and the alarm still doesn't work. I do some testing and figure out that it doesn't seem to work when plugged in. The device will also hang sometimes when I change the alarm settings. I uninstalled the current version of TA and then downloaded OTA directly from the site and reinstalled it on Tuesday. Wednesday morning, still no go on the alarm. So, yesterday I hard reset and restored from prior to when I installed the latest version of TA. Voila, my alarm goes off fine this morning.

My thoughts: I wonder if it has something to do with the LED. I tried setting an alarm while plugged in and it went off fine. I am thinking that the issue could have something to do with the LED and how it goes from red to green when charged?? Granted, I have no knowledge to back this up, just thinking out loud. The reason I say that is because of the major change in the newest version of TA being LED color functionality. I read about some having issues and reinstalling, and I did that but to no avail. Anyone have an advice or thoughts on this?

I am fine with using the old version for now as my alarm is more important than having multi color LED alerts, but I would like both if someone has any ideas on why this might be happening...thoughts?
    Could be, but honestly I can't think of any logical reason why it would be happening.

I am not doubting that you are seeing what you're seeing, but I can say from experience that many reported problems are often just red herrings. I.e., someone installs new software, sees a new problem, and naturally assumes it's the new software. Usually when it's truly a bug, many people will report back having the same problem.

I will say that the LED code simply makes a request to set the LED color, nothing else. If there is truly a bug that affects your ability to get alarms, then it's probably in Palm's code or in WM (assuming that Hannip made no changes /minimal changes to TA in the latest version).
    Could be, but honestly I can't think of any logical reason why it would be happening.

I am not doubting that you are seeing what you're seeing, but I can say from experience that many reported problems are often just red herrings. I.e., someone installs new software, sees a new problem, and naturally assumes it's the new software. Usually when it's truly a bug, many people will report back having the same problem.

I will say that the LED code simply makes a request to set the LED color, nothing else. If there is truly a bug that affects your ability to get alarms, then it's probably in Palm's code or in WM (assuming that Hannip made no changes /minimal changes to TA in the latest version).
    That was my first thought, just found it curious that when i went and restored previous to that install and nothing else had been installed since then that it was back to normal. Oh well. Either way, I plan on reinstalling the new version sometime in the next few days and seeing if I get different results. I'll report back at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1754 View Post
    That was my first thought, just found it curious that when i went and restored previous to that install and nothing else had been installed since then that it was back to normal. Oh well. Either way, I plan on reinstalling the new version sometime in the next few days and seeing if I get different results. I'll report back at that point.
    If you do reinstall, and start having the same issue, then we can try to selectively disable a few things to narrow it down if you're game. Like I said, I'd be surprised if it is related to the LED code, but it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong...
    If you do reinstall, and start having the same issue, then we can try to selectively disable a few things to narrow it down if you're game. Like I said, I'd be surprised if it is related to the LED code, but it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong...
    Sounds good, I'll let you know what I find out when I reinstall. Thanks for the commentary.
    I thought that a couple of the solid states worked on the 750 though...
    Yup, you're right. Checked it an the solid state is working. Pity that the red led doesn't work - while it is working when the phone is charging. Funny.
    Just will have to live with that then.

Thanks for the good work - love the program!