Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
  1.    #561  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdostal View Post
    Anyone notice a pretty hard core loss in battery life after installing?

I installed this and my phone was at 10% battery by noon. It's usually at 30% or so at the worst by 6PM. I disabled XCast and the today plugin as I suspect they might be contributing.
    You can also reduce the XCast update interval. It defaults to 15 minutes. However it doesn't do updates while suspended so it shouldn't be eating battery unless turned on frequently. For me I typically get a full day out of my battery, but I also set my email checking to once an hour which helps a ton.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdostal View Post
    Anyone notice a pretty hard core loss in battery life after installing?

I installed this and my phone was at 10% battery by noon. It's usually at 30% or so at the worst by 6PM. I disabled XCast and the today plugin as I suspect they might be contributing.
    No difference for me, but, I don't use XCast either.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    I have an issue... I received 2 text messages.. read them and deleted them both but the TA notification Today screen still shows the alert for 2 text messages... ?
  4.    #564  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal71 View Post
    I have an issue... I received 2 text messages.. read them and deleted them both but the TA notification Today screen still shows the alert for 2 text messages... ?
    Yeah I had that happen once so far. I think TreoLED hung. Had to soft reset. Hasn't happened since.

What led color/blink rate did you have set for sms?
    Color: Orange
    Blink Rate: Blink Fast
  6.    #566  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal71 View Post
    Color: Orange
    Blink Rate: Blink Fast
    Yeah, that's what I have too. Dunno if it's related to the problem, or if it is just random, but seems to be pretty rare. I've been getting a lot of notifications in the last few days without any issues since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yeah, that's what I have too. Dunno if it's related to the problem, or if it is just random, but seems to be pretty rare. I've been getting a lot of notifications in the last few days without any issues since then.
    Orange-fast again, huh? Hmmm...

I don't know what it is about that one, all of the calls to set the LED state are pretty much identical, no logic differences, just values are different. I think it must be hanging in the driver itself.

I'll take another look at reproducing with Treo Alert, might have to automatically generate and clear the notifications. In the meantime, orange-blink might be a better alternative.
    Hannip, is there a way to dismiss the LED voicemail notification alert without checking your voicemail?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I just upgraded directly from Beta 14 to RC4. Installation went fine, so I changed the LED colors and blink rates. I am only using 2 - red blink fast and green blink fast. I have a fairly simple, minimal TA configuration. Somehow since I installed this update, I have had to soft reset 4-5 times because when i either clicked on my screen to open email, or even clicked on the hardware email button, the program would not load. At one point, a message popped up saying that the program could not load and to check Settings-System-Memory. I did that, and had 57meg free. I do have 2 email accounts, one of which uses Exchange Push for part of the day. Is there anything in this TA version that differs from Beta 14 that might cause this problem? Also, if I needed to, could I re-install Beta 14 back over RC4? My device was quite stable before I upgraded, and I'd hate to think that I was that greedy for colored LED notifications that I risked that.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I kept having to soft reset to get email to work, so I found the cab of Beta 14 and it installed right over RC4. I looked at memory, and there isn't any more free memory than with RC4, so I have no clue what was happening.
  11.    #571  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Hannip, is there a way to dismiss the LED voicemail notification alert without checking your voicemail?
    You can disable monitoring of the voicemail, but other than that there is no way to dismiss the notification other than maybe clicking on the Clear Voicemail Icon button in Phone settings.
  12.    #572  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    I just upgraded directly from Beta 14 to RC4. Installation went fine, so I changed the LED colors and blink rates. I am only using 2 - red blink fast and green blink fast. I have a fairly simple, minimal TA configuration. Somehow since I installed this update, I have had to soft reset 4-5 times because when i either clicked on my screen to open email, or even clicked on the hardware email button, the program would not load. At one point, a message popped up saying that the program could not load and to check Settings-System-Memory. I did that, and had 57meg free. I do have 2 email accounts, one of which uses Exchange Push for part of the day. Is there anything in this TA version that differs from Beta 14 that might cause this problem? Also, if I needed to, could I re-install Beta 14 back over RC4? My device was quite stable before I upgraded, and I'd hate to think that I was that greedy for colored LED notifications that I risked that.
    There is very little change between beta 14 and RC4. I'm guessing you just had a bad install or something. The 2 main changes added were zbop's new version of TreoLED and the updated Billboard plugin. It would be pretty odd if TreoLED conflicted with Exchange Push, but who knows. It should be easy enough to test. Just turn off LED alerts and try different plugins to see if either helps.
    Last edited by hannip; 11/26/2008 at 05:39 PM.
    Just a note. I have had to soft reset three times since R4. ALways a problem when opening email - I also use Exchange. Locks screen.
    Charliec
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I don't know the mobile platform from a technical standpoint, but I am a programmer, and to me it seems like a memory conflict. The first symptom I would notice is emails coming into my desktop Outlook would not show up on my device. When I tried to open email to check, it wouldn't open. If I kept clicking around, eventually it would freeze.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    There is very little change between beta 14 and RC4. I'm guessing you just had a bad install or something. The 2 main changes added were zbop's new version of TreoLED and the updated Billboard plugin. It would be pretty odd if TreoLED conflicted with Exchange Push, but who knows. It should be easy enough to test. Just turn off LED alerts and try different plugins to see if either helps.
    This is very odd indeed. I really can't see it interfering with Exchange Push, but stranger things have happened...

TreoLED makes a couple of API calls that indirectly call the driver. There is nothing too unusual, it really is dead simple. Regarding the memory... there are zero memory allocations in TreoLED (uses stack only and no recursion). The 700wx on the other hand does some tricky stuff with physical memory and I/O mappings but that code is not executed; I will triple check that one more time.

If this is somehow a conflict, I would suspect either the driver or possibly the billboard plugin. I'll also double-check Billboard and spend some more time testing with TA over the long weekend.

charliec, BigE54, were either of you using the billboard plugin at the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    Just a note. I have had to soft reset three times since R4. ALways a problem when opening email - I also use Exchange. Locks screen.
    charliec, what LED settings were you using if any?
    I am using treo alerts without the billboard I am using the stock carrier line. I use exchange push and have not had any problems since I installed RC4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    I am using treo alerts without the billboard I am using the stock carrier line. I use exchange push and have not had any problems since I installed RC4.
    Thanks Painter, a couple more data points and we might be able to narrow it down.
    So I just ran into something.... I downloaded RC4 and got an unsuccessful install. When I checked the filesize, I noticed that I got a bad download. Okay, I've had this happen when downloading to my phone, but I've never had that happen from my PC before when downloading CABS.

As a test, I tried chopping the cab by various blocks to see if it would let me install, and sizewise it seems to detect an issue and say "unsuccessful install." However, when I opened up a binary editor and purposely corrupted a cab, the installer didn't seem to care, just installed like everything was ok.

I don't know if that is the issue, but it has me concerned that people may be downloading bad cabs. Perhaps we should stick to using a fileshare or something with a checksum.
    I upgraded this morning without any problems.