Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Haha...yeah I understand.

When I say caller ID, I mean the Incoming Call notification bubble. Yeah, I'd rather not use any other software because it's just unnecessary, especially since all the other software comes with a billion other features I don't need.

There's actually a thread about the subject, and it's not just me who feels the same way.

Why certainly...a check will be absolutely fine. Since it's for nothing, you don't even have to write any numbers...just sign it and send it my way.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Haha...yeah I understand.

When I say caller ID, I mean the Incoming Call notification bubble. Yeah, I'd rather not use any other software because it's just unnecessary, especially since all the other software comes with a billion other features I don't need.

There's actually a thread about the subject, and it's not just me who feels the same way.

Why certainly...a check will be absolutely fine. Since it's for nothing, you don't even have to write any numbers...just sign it and send it my way.
    If you just want a large floating window with name and picture that disappears when you answer the call, it might not be that hard. It also depends if the pictures in the contact database are saved by reference, full images, or resized images.

Check's in the mail...
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You'll need some program that hides the carrier plugin to replace it. There was a program called hidelogo that did that on the 700wx. I think zbop mentioned he might look into making a hidelogo for the 800w at some point.

Someone else mentioned that if you use the RealVGA hack the existing hidelogo worked. I thought I tried it once with RealVGA and wasn't successful. YMMV.

I'm confused. I'm not running Real VGA or Hidelogo and Treo Alerts has always replaced my carrier logo on my 800w without issue. All I do is not select the Today Screen plugin and it automatically displays the billboard where the carrier logo would normally be. I love it because even when I scroll down my today screen my Treo Alerts Billboard always stays at the top of the screen. Is this not supposed to work?

What am I missing here?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  4.    #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I'm confused. I'm not running Real VGA or Hidelogo and Treo Alerts has always replaced my carrier logo on my 800w without issue. All I do is not select the Today Screen plugin and it automatically displays the billboard where the carrier logo would normally be. I love it because even when I scroll down my today screen my Treo Alerts Billboard always stays at the top of the screen. Is this not supposed to work?

What am I missing here?
    It's just confusion in terms really. TA defaults to using the existing carrier plugin at the top of the today screen. There are 2 other today plugins that you can choose in the configuration. One is called Billboard which was written by zbop. Some would like to replace the default carrier plugin with one of the alternate plugins. To do that is not so easy without side effects so someone wrote a program called hidelogo that just hides the carrier plugin. This program needs to be updated to work with the 800w though.
  5.    #505  
    New Release Candidate (woo hoo) now available.

It now has full support for the 800w and preliminary support for the Treo Pro. Follow this url for details.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=2050

Many thanks go to zbop for updating his Billboard today plugin to support 320x320 res and for adding multicolor LED support for the 800w!

New Release Candidate (woo hoo) now available.

It now has full support for the 800w and preliminary support for the Treo Pro. Follow this url for details.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=2050

Many thanks go to zbop for updating his Billboard today plugin to support 320x320 res and for adding multicolor LED support for the 800w!

I'm testing this now, seems to work great with the LED...in the next release, can there be an option to set an LED for a call coming in? I have it set to vibrate, but would like the visual notification of my phone ringing as it is always on silent.

Great job all of you....Thanks!
  7.    #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    I'm testing this now, seems to work great with the LED...in the next release, can there be an option to set an LED for a call coming in? I have it set to vibrate, but would like the visual notification of my phone ringing as it is always on silent.

Great job all of you....Thanks!
    I'll put it on the to-do list. Thanks
    I'll put it on the to-do list. Thanks
    No, thank you....my wife thinks I'm a complete geek now that on a Friday night I'm getting excited about LED lights on my phone....
    Brilliant.
    i cant get the orange led settings or any of the strobe led settings to work.. anyone else?

but still, hannip and company, thanks!!!!
  11.    #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    i cant get the orange led settings or any of the strobe led settings to work.. anyone else?

but still, hannip and company, thanks!!!!
    Orange is working for me. zbop lists the following as working on the 800w.

green-blink *
    green-blink-fast
    green-blink-slow
    green-solid *
    green-blink-turbo
    orange-blink *
    orange-blink-fast
    orange-blink-slow
    orange-blink-turbo
    red-blink *
    red-blink-fast
    red-blink-slow
    red-solid
    red-blink-turbo

* zbop recommends. These work consistently when the device is on or suspended. Others may act diferrently when the device is suspended.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Thanks hannip and zbop! Orange LED and billboard plugin are working great!!
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    If you just want a large floating window with name and picture that disappears when you answer the call, it might not be that hard. It also depends if the pictures in the contact database are saved by reference, full images, or resized images.

Check's in the mail...
    That sounds like it could be pretty cool - A larger caller ID window would be great.
    Thank you Hannip and Zbop! You have restored the colors to my life.
    New colors are great. But I still cannot get rid of the led notice for voicemails without resetting. PLEASE some help.
    Laissez Faire
    The only issue I am having is if the phone is on the charger. (charging red, or charged green LED state)

If a notification comes in, the LED illuminates perfectly. However, when the new alert is cleared- the LED goes out completely instead of reverting back to the charge state indicator. (Solid green or solid red)

Besides that I dont see any other issues. I missed orange!

-LA
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    That sounds like it could be pretty cool - A larger caller ID window would be great.
    i will have to second that
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    The only issue I am having is if the phone is on the charger. (charging red, or charged green LED state)

If a notification comes in, the LED illuminates perfectly. However, when the new alert is cleared- the LED goes out completely instead of reverting back to the charge state indicator. (Solid green or solid red)

-LA
    Ditto here

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post

Check's in the mail...
    Just to make sure that Hannip doesn't think I'm volunteering him for anything, I was simply responding to Freak4Dell in a non-Treo Alert context.

He just happened to bring it up in this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post

-LA
    Hannip, I'm not sure how you handle those transitions when (1) the cable is plugged in and (2) when the notification is dismissed, but this *might* be due to the fact on the 700wx you could stack LED state. If you were relying upon this feature, I'll have to check if it works on the 800w.

By stacking I mean that you can set the LED to a solid state, then without turning it off, set it to a blinking state, then turn the blinking off and the solid state will still be there underneath.