Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    From the TreoAlerts main menu, highlight configuration, click OK, click OK again to proceed, highlight Xcast configuration, click OK, Set Zipcode/Citycode should already be highlighted, so just click OK. Now you can type in your zip code, click OK and exit the program.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Been busy at work so I haven't been keeping up with my treo projects for a few weeks.

Just a quick update. Zbop is back and he is fixing the billboard plugin for the 800w. Once that's done I'll pull in the new version into TreoAlert and promote it from beta. Maybe we can get him to look into multicolor led support for the 800w too.
    Hannip, I've updated the billboard plugin for 320x320 support and have basic multicolor LED support for the 800w done. I replaced those two components in the beta14 cab file and I'm testing it now (I also had to hack my device type to 700wx so that I could set the LED colors).

EDIT: I've attached the higher-res bitmaps for bluetooth below. Billboard will autoscale the bitmaps. but they look blocky without using the higher-res versions. Since this will no doubt complicate your install or require different cabs, not sure how you want to handle it, but I figured I'd pass them along...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zbop; 11/18/2008 at 12:21 PM.
  4.    #484  
    Awesome! Thanks zbop.

I'll try it out and get a cab out this weekend. You da man.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Hannip, I've updated the billboard plugin for 320x320 support and have basic multicolor LED support for the 800w done. I replaced those two components in the beta14 cab file and I'm testing it now (I also had to hack my device type to 700wx so that I could set the LED colors).

EDIT: I've attached the higher-res bitmaps for bluetooth below. Billboard will autoscale the bitmaps. but they look blocky without using the higher-res versions. Since this will no doubt complicate your install or require different cabs, not sure how you want to handle it, but I figured I'd pass them along...

Wow- thank you both!
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Mmmm...multicolor. Looking forward to seeing that, I've been checking this thread every week since it was created for that news. Great job, can't wait to see it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdostal View Post
    Mmmm...multicolor. Looking forward to seeing that, I've been checking this thread every week since it was created for that news. Great job, can't wait to see it!

Lol, same!
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Awesome! Thanks zbop.

I'll try it out and get a cab out this weekend. You da man.
    I'll post a new TreoLED cab either tonight or tomorrow. The new binary should work for 700w[x], 750 and 800w.

I am still fighting with the LED driver to do the "right thing" when going to sleep, but I'll probably post this version which supports multi-color and then see if I can nail the blink speeds in a later version. Like I mentioned, the speeds work, but the driver clobbers them when power management kicks in.

No rush as far as I'm concerned, I mean... at least *I* have a working version.
    Sounds good.

Hannip- I guess TA users will wait to hear from you on how to best implement the cab. Not sure if some type of conflict might arise with TA and zbops proggies trying to do their thing...

Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Sounds good.

Hannip- I guess TA users will wait to hear from you on how to best implement the cab. Not sure if some type of conflict might arise with TA and zbops proggies trying to do their thing...

Thx
    Les, TA already incorporates a prior version of TreoLED, so this will just be an updated version, in other words there shouldn't be any conflicts.

I'll post the TreoLED cab separately in case anyone else wants to write their own notification programs and tickle the LED.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Les, TA already incorporates a prior version of TreoLED, so this will just be an updated version, in other words there shouldn't be any conflicts.

I'll post the TreoLED cab separately in case anyone else wants to write their own notification programs and tickle the LED.
    Right- but integration will occur when hannip releases a new build incorporating what you have done- correct? We cant just load your cab and control the drivers through the TA interface can we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Right- but integration will occur when hannip releases a new build incorporating what you have done- correct? We cant just load your cab and control the drivers through the TA interface can we?
    Exactly, sorry for the confusion. You will need the integrated CAB which Hannip will release.
    Thanks for all your help and work. In treo context, this is extremely exciting!

I am also looking forward to pocket sports center revision which uses your billboard plugin.
    Starting to play with this app again...anyone else have an issue getting the today plugin to go to the top on an 800w? I can only get it to go under the normal carrier banner and the contacts search form, I can't get it to actually replace the existing carrier banner.
  15.    #495  
    Starting to play with this app again...anyone else have an issue getting the today plugin to go to the top on an 800w? I can only get it to go under the normal carrier banner and the contacts search form, I can't get it to actually replace the existing carrier banner.
    You'll need some program that hides the carrier plugin to replace it. There was a program called hidelogo that did that on the 700wx. I think zbop mentioned he might look into making a hidelogo for the 800w at some point.

Someone else mentioned that if you use the RealVGA hack the existing hidelogo worked. I thought I tried it once with RealVGA and wasn't successful. YMMV.
    This post has no purpose other than to beg zbop to do what he can to get hidelogo working on the 800w. I've never used it before on any other phone, but now that I use UltimateLaunch, it'd be a good way to get more screen space.

This is way off-topic, but since you two seem to be the wizards of programming on this forum, perhaps something can be done about a simple full screen caller ID? No bells and whistles...just a full screen version of the stock caller ID that will display a larger picture.

I can even try to help move things along...maybe by setting up a donation fund for you two. Of course, as the manager of the fund, I'd have to take a 20% cut for all my hard work.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Gotcha. Thanks Hannip!
    FWIW weird things have happened to me when I have put plugins about the carrier banner and/or the contacts plugin.

I *ALWAYS* keep them at the top.

Someone else mentioned that if you use the RealVGA hack the existing hidelogo worked. I thought I tried it once with RealVGA and wasn't successful. YMMV.
    That may have been when I was still using the 800w's Today plugins instead of the 700wx's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    FWIW weird things have happened to me when I have put plugins about the carrier banner and/or the contacts plugin.

I *ALWAYS* keep them at the top.

Gotcha. Not a bit deal for me...I'm mainly just looking for the LED alerts portion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    This post has no purpose other than to beg zbop to do what he can to get hidelogo working on the 800w. I've never used it before on any other phone, but now that I use UltimateLaunch, it'd be a good way to get more screen space.

This is way off-topic, but since you two seem to be the wizards of programming on this forum, perhaps something can be done about a simple full screen caller ID? No bells and whistles...just a full screen version of the stock caller ID that will display a larger picture.

I can even try to help move things along...maybe by setting up a donation fund for you two. Of course, as the manager of the fund, I'd have to take a 20% cut for all my hard work.
    Hidelogo is one of about six things on my list right now, but don't know when I'll get to it. Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried contacting Mavick or Vijay to see if it can be updated?

When you say caller ID are you talking about the Active Call screen, or the Incoming Call notification bubble? You don't want to use any of the other call screen software for some reason? Unfortunately, I doubt that the stock app can be easily modified to make it larger, I'd have to look into it.
    Thanks for offering to manage the fund, but uhhh... 20% of nuthin is still nuthin, do you want that in cash or a check?