Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Great work Hannip. I own a registered copy of phone alarm and I prefer TreoAlert. Two weeks of use and no issues.
    First of all, thanks Hannip. The program is great.

Is there a way to edit what the weather information says? I'm not talking about what information it displays, but rather, the way it displays it. It's probably not a big deal for you, but I like things looking clean, and I think some punctuation and some capitalization would improve the looks of the weather display, or any of this program's displays, for that matter. If there's a way for me to do it so I can set it up how I want it, please do let me know.

Also, how exactly would I completely get rid of the carrier plugin? Right now, I have the XCast set to display on the carrier plugin, but I figure if I can get rid of that completely, I can change it to a normal plugin, and not have those icons for Bluetooth and GPS and whatever else is there.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Great utillity! I'm a big fan.

The only thing I noticed that may not be intended is that if you miss a call, then receive another call, the voice id thingy states the last INCOMING number whether it was missed or not. Does it matter? Prob not. It's not an issue for me, I was just attempting to be helpful by pointing it out. Thanks for all the hard work!
    Hannip,

Is there a way to backup the TA settings so that after a hard reset I don't have to re-configure everything?
    The display has stopped working. (Alerts still work.) Any secret setting I might be missing?
    Laissez Faire
  6.    #466  
    Been busy at work so I haven't been keeping up with my treo projects for a few weeks.

Just a quick update. Zbop is back and he is fixing the billboard plugin for the 800w. Once that's done I'll pull in the new version into TreoAlert and promote it from beta. Maybe we can get him to look into multicolor led support for the 800w too.
    I keep getting a message that the install was unsuccessful, with no explanation.

I am putting the CAB file in My Documents, and opening from there, is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    I keep getting a message that the install was unsuccessful, with no explanation.

I am putting the CAB file in My Documents, and opening from there, is that right?
    it doesnt matter where you run the cab from as long as you install to the device and not the storage card. have tried doing a soft reset before you install it?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i am lost here, i don't see a link to download this program, should I just wait till all the fixes are up for it? Let me know hannip thanks.. or anyone for that matter
  10. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Try to download again and verify that the downloaded size is around 435KBs. The first time I downloaded it was incomplete.
  11. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t800w View Post
    i am lost here, i don't see a link to download this program, should I just wait till all the fixes are up for it? Let me know hannip thanks.. or anyone for that matter
    check first post of thread for a link to a separate thread
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    ok thanks, i thought that was just to let him know of anything! Thanks dwg.. I appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    Try to download again and verify that the downloaded size is around 435KBs. The first time I downloaded it was incomplete.
    yep - 131 kb. I tried to download several times, keep getting the same file size.
  14. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    yep - 131 kb. I tried to download several times, keep getting the same file size.
    booger. Worked for me the second time. Maybe try a diff browser or pm me your email and I'll send it to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    booger. Worked for me the second time. Maybe try a diff browser or pm me your email and I'll send it to you.
    I think it just did not like IE 8. Mozilla was fine.

Love the program. Yet again I have to ask why some of this stuff was not included with the OEM device!!

Probably only been through half the options so far. Great app.
    The LED will not go off if there is a voice mail. I can listen to the VM and even delete it, but the green light keeps blinking until I soft reset. Am I missing something?
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i downloaded it, and the only difference i can see is the little DOUBLE sprint now and wifi, and bluetooth! That is no good to me lol...... Anyway i can change the plugin but they all seem the same! I would like to do away with that line where sprint is , if I am going to use treo alert, I do appreciate all the people that put this together, it looks as if i was able to learn to use it correctly it would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Hannip,

Is there a way to backup the TA settings so that after a hard reset I don't have to re-configure everything?
    Bump. I seem to have gotten lost in all the commotion. I'll ask again, is there a way to backup the TA settings so that after a hard reset I don't have to re-configure everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by t800w View Post
    i downloaded it, and the only difference i can see is the little DOUBLE sprint now and wifi, and bluetooth! That is no good to me lol...... Anyway i can change the plugin but they all seem the same! I would like to do away with that line where sprint is , if I am going to use treo alert, I do appreciate all the people that put this together, it looks as if i was able to learn to use it correctly it would be great!
    It definitely works just play around with it.. I'm gonna miss all the help from you guys when i switch from palm on my next phone purchase.
    quick question: where do you set the location for xcast weather?