Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
  1.    #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordmarqui View Post
    thanks a lot for the reply... now i understand the issue with Billboard (i've just read up on it and seems like it has a lot of potential for what i need...).

In the meantime, however, is there anyway to be able to rename the delimiter choices? Kinda like the following?

---
    Gmail: 1, SMS: 2, VM: 0, Missed: 1
    ---

I understand that this won't fit in the carrier line, but what about the "Native Windows Mobile Plugin"?. Is that a plugin that you can hack/edit?
    I'll add it to the todo list to allow user specified names for email, sms, voicemail and missed calls. It would only effect billboard and the native plugin. The carrier line would remain unchanged since there is limited space and it is customized for the space.
    great! thanks a lot.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Bad news. I got the ugly distorted buzzing in my ear today.

I had to turn off the repeat vibrating while ringing.
    Thanks for adding the delimiter selection. That fixed where the % sign was cut off. I did notice though on the current display view settings screen that it still shows the "=" as the delimiter instead of what I selected. Only a minor thing.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    gents, great job w/ this software. wondering if there's a way to add charging red LED light on/off to the scheme. it is super bright when i am watching videos and i'd like the option of turning it off.

Also, off subject, but any suggestions for program that would turn off keyboard backlight but not screen. CorePlayer on treo 800w keeps keyboard light on whole time. Probably out of scope 4 this prog.
  6.    #426  
    Quote Originally Posted by joems View Post
    Bad news. I got the ugly distorted buzzing in my ear today.

I had to turn off the repeat vibrating while ringing.
    wow, I couldn't get it to happen on mine. Is the vib stopping immediately when you press the green button or left softkey?
  7.    #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Thanks for adding the delimiter selection. That fixed where the % sign was cut off. I did notice though on the current display view settings screen that it still shows the "=" as the delimiter instead of what I selected. Only a minor thing.
    Yeah, I didn't bother fixing the view settings. Good catch, but not sure it's worth fixing that.
  8.    #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinker3932 View Post
    gents, great job w/ this software. wondering if there's a way to add charging red LED light on/off to the scheme. it is super bright when i am watching videos and i'd like the option of turning it off.

Also, off subject, but any suggestions for program that would turn off keyboard backlight but not screen. CorePlayer on treo 800w keeps keyboard light on whole time. Probably out of scope 4 this prog.
    Sorry, just don't have the code to access the led directly on the 800w yet so there is no way to turn off the red light.

I've attempted to write a keylight program, but it had side effects. See this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167844
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    wow, I couldn't get it to happen on mine. Is the vib stopping immediately when you press the green button or left softkey?
    I just tried to make it happen. I tried 10 calls and I could not get it to happen. It did happen yesterday.

What Vibe alrert do you have for phone ringing? I have mine on 3 Long. Maybe that would make a difference??

I am going to leave it on again today, and change my vibe alert to 1 Long. See how it goes.

Thanks again for your work. This is the #1 App on my phone.
    hannip,
    I just had the vibe issue occur to me again. I was actually listening to a song but then that cut out and the phone rang, so i answered it in the middle of the vibe. Then the garbled voices occurred. I don't know if it was because I was using the music player or not.

By the way, I also have my phone set to 3 long as well for the ringer.
  11.    #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by joems View Post
    I just tried to make it happen. I tried 10 calls and I could not get it to happen. It did happen yesterday.

What Vibe alrert do you have for phone ringing? I have mine on 3 Long. Maybe that would make a difference??

I am going to leave it on again today, and change my vibe alert to 1 Long. See how it goes.

Thanks again for your work. This is the #1 App on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    hannip,
    I just had the vibe issue occur to me again. I was actually listening to a song but then that cut out and the phone rang, so i answered it in the middle of the vibe. Then the garbled voices occurred. I don't know if it was because I was using the music player or not.

By the way, I also have my phone set to 3 long as well for the ringer.
    I have mine set to two long, but when I was testing it I think I had it set to 6 long. I didn't test it while music was playing tho or under any kind of load. Maybe that slows it down enough to cause it to happen.
    Hannip,
    How do I set it for six long? I know that there is a custom way, but is that the default (6 long ) under custom?

Also, I dont know if this is already implemented or has been requested yet... But is there a way to set the Treo Alerts plugin (the voicemail, sms, missed call etc. counters) to default every time i turn the screen back on? I have different things scrolling on the screen, but it would be nice to just glimpse at the thing and then quickly shut it back off instead of waiting for it to pop back up.

Thanks hannip!

Edit:
    I haven't received any other incoming calls today, so I couldnt try and see if the buzzing noise came back. Lately its been mostly outgoing calls.
  13.    #433  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    Hannip,
    How do I set it for six long? I know that there is a custom way, but is that the default (6 long ) under custom?
    Yes use custom->tweak. Set it to "-l 500 -s 200 -r 5" (exclude the quotes).
    Use the Test option to tweak the length and sleep as desired.

See this post for more details on how to tweak the vibes.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=161

Also, I dont know if this is already implemented or has been requested yet... But is there a way to set the Treo Alerts plugin (the voicemail, sms, missed call etc. counters) to default every time i turn the screen back on? I have different things scrolling on the screen, but it would be nice to just glimpse at the thing and then quickly shut it back off instead of waiting for it to pop back up.
    Could you explain a little further? If you have pending alerts the counters will be flashing, unless you disabled that feature.

Thanks hannip!

Edit:
    I haven't received any other incoming calls today, so I couldnt try and see if the buzzing noise came back. Lately its been mostly outgoing calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yes use custom->tweak. Set it to "-l 500 -s 200 -r 5" (exclude the quotes).
    Use the Test option to tweak the length and sleep as desired.

See this post for more details on how to tweak the vibes.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=161

Could you explain a little further? If you have pending alerts the counters will be flashing, unless you disabled that feature.
    Thanks for the help hannip on the tweaking.

As for the voicemail, mail, sms, and email display function...
    I was wondering if the program could set that to the first thing displayed everytime I turned on the treo. I do have the flashing LED, but sometimes during class I would like to quickly check to see if its an SMS or something not too important like email.

For instance, in weatherpanel if you go to settings, select a city (I have more than one city so this works), hit edit, hit advanced options, and then check the Auto switch to city. I'm pretty sure that this makes my selected city show up every time I turn to weatherpanel.

Edit:
    Oh wait, i think i know what you mean when you say "pending alerts counter"
    The popup that shows up when I turn the phone back on? If so I must have forgotten about that, or it doesnt show up on mine all the time when i receive something. That's probably the reason why I thought of requesting something like this.

Edit 2:
    I meant that i have been doing outgoing calls lately, not the garbled noise occurring when i make an outgoing call.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    is it possible to have the phone vibrate when a text message is open? So when someone sends me a text and the phone is open on that text conversation it doesnt vibrate...
  16.    #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by gr2gztch View Post
    is it possible to have the phone vibrate when a text message is open? So when someone sends me a text and the phone is open on that text conversation it doesnt vibrate...
    Yeah, so TA keys off of the OS notifications and they don't register when in the app when an sms comes in. I suppose I could just compare the counts and hit vib if it increments without a notification, but that could get a bit tricky. I'll put it on the to-do list to try it out.
    hey hannip, i gotta say... this program is awesome. i should have downloaded this from the very first day i got the phone. i cant say how much helpful it is just looking at the led light flicker when you have text, vm, and missed calls. thanks bro!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I can't get the LED blinking to work for me for email, text, voicemail, etc. And on the first page is says it still isn't supporting the 800w. So how did you get yours to work?
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    not really sure what you are talking about since i'm really a newbie. but all i did was play around with the configuration and when i get emails coming it (initially) it lights up, even with text. i did read that it doesnt support it for our phones on there from one of the messages in the configuration. maybe you are referring to reminders? i hope i'm clear. let me know, i can test it out for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by chad783 View Post
    I can't get the LED blinking to work for me for email, text, voicemail, etc. And on the first page is says it still isn't supporting the 800w. So how did you get yours to work?
    Make sure you are using the green led in setup for everything because TA does not support multi color leds at this time for the 800w. Mine works fine for all the alerts.