Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 866
  1. #381  
    Now that I am having my texts read to me The only thing I would want is the ability to assign different alert types to different events. Like LED for text and LED/Reminder for calls etc...

    Thanks to all for all the hard work!
  2.    #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Now that I am having my texts read to me The only thing I would want is the ability to assign different alert types to different events. Like LED for text and LED/Reminder for calls etc...

    Thanks to all for all the hard work!
    wow, how spoiled you are getting having texts read to you. Next thing you'll ask for is a way for you to speak your texts and have the treo write it out and send.
  3. #383  
    the future is near my friend, can't wait for video conference on cell phone
  4.    #384  
    Related, but OT. I was just looking up speech to text and found Jott. An interesting service. I signed up and added Jott to my contacts. Tried it out and sent myself a Jott.

    It went like this.

    > Activate Voice Command
    < bleep
    > Call Jott
    < Call Jott?
    > Correct
    < Ring, Who do you want to jott?
    > Paul
    < Paul, Is this correct?
    > Yes
    < bleep
    > Hey Paul, just trying out Jott
    < Got it...message sent

    Next thing you know I get an email and a text message with the text of what I said with a link to also hear what I said if so desired.

    Pretty cool.

    http://jott.com
  5. #385  
    Dragging it one step further, you can use Jott to do things like send a tweet (on Twitter) or add a note to Evernote. The possibilities are almost endless.
  6. #386  
    Probably just a glitch on my end, but I got 2 messages this morning and the LED did not blink. I heard it vibrate and caught it cause I was the first to send the text, but I soft reset, then had the problem with the today screen didnt totally load, and froze. Couldn't even press buttons. Popped battery out, retried again, and same thing. Today screen not fully loaded, and a frozen device. After the 3rd time it finally loaded, sent myself a test and the LED works again. Not really sure what happened, but man I have a bad phone. I highly doubt it was TA problem, but I thought I would just mention it. Only happened once though since the day I loaded Beta 13.
  7.    #387  
    I've had the today screen freeze up on me before too. Not sure what that is about. I only have gpstoday and weatherpanel on my today screen. One time I found that weatherpanel was freezing the UI for 10 seconds at a time where I couldn't use the keyboard or UI. I had to reset and it was all better. I saw someone else had the same issue. Something amiss there, but it only happened once so far.
  8. #388  
    I have selected "Display when ringer switch is off" in display settings. However, it is stuck - it always display's "Ringer Off" even though I have the Ringer switch ON. Anyone else have this problem?
    I have seen this bug in both beta 12 and the new 13....
  9.    #389  
    I haven't seen that yet.

    Check this registry value when it happens again.

    HKLM System\State\Hardware
    Ringer

    If the switch is on the value should be 1, else 0.

    This is the value TA watches. Let me know.
  10. #390  
    maybe its just me, but I find it kinda redundant that the vibration settings have to be adjusted in 3 different places in order to set it. alert types, on/off with ringer, and vibration styles. maybe the vibrate selection under alert types could be done away with since vibrate can easily be adjusted using one of the different methods. maybe ta could have 2 dfferent "profiles." one for ringer switch on, one for it off. just an idea
  11. #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I haven't seen that yet.

    Check this registry value when it happens again.

    HKLM System\State\Hardware
    Ringer

    If the switch is on the value should be 1, else 0.

    This is the value TA watches. Let me know.
    Hello hannip,

    Just checked the above value. Something is not working right..here is the status on my phone:

    Volume switch: ON
    TA states "Ringer Off"
    Above registry value is: 1

    Volume switch: Off
    TA states "Ringer Off"
    Above registry value is: 0

    Looks like TA is not following (Watching) the Value correctly on my phone. As stated before this has been the case with both beta 12 and 13.

    Thanks
  12.    #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8torA320 View Post
    Hello hannip,

    Just checked the above value. Something is not working right..here is the status on my phone:

    Volume switch: ON
    TA states "Ringer Off"
    Above registry value is: 1

    Volume switch: Off
    TA states "Ringer Off"
    Above registry value is: 0

    Looks like TA is not following (Watching) the Value correctly on my phone. As stated before this has been the case with both beta 12 and 13.

    Thanks
    Interesting. Can you please look up one more thing for me. List the value for the following.

    HKLM\Software\Mort's MortScript\TREO ALERTS
    DISPLAY_OPTS

    Oh, I bet I know what's happening. Is the RingerOff display setting the only one you have selected? The way I have it coded if the ringer switch is on it advances to the next display option, but if there is only that one display option it will always display. I'll fix that.
  13. #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Interesting. Can you please look up one more thing for me. List the value for the following.

    HKLM\Software\Mort's MortScript\TREO ALERTS
    DISPLAY_OPTS

    Oh, I bet I know what's happening. Is the RingerOff display setting the only one you have selected? The way I have it coded if the ringer switch is on it advances to the next display option, but if there is only that one display option it will always display. I'll fix that.

    Brilliant!
    You got it right.....RingerOff display setting was the only selected. TA behaves fine when I select another display option...eg. Sig, Bat and memory...

    By the way, the value in the above is: 8 2

    thanks for working on it..
  14.    #394  
    Technical Update:

    Ebag333 has continued the work that Insol had started with getting RealVGA to work on the 800w and it is working very well now. See this thread for more details:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=170002

    Part of getting RealVGA to work requires the installation of the WM5 dialup today plugin. This is the plugin that Treo Alert was originally designed for and allows more space for text writes. It also shares the same registry field as the native WM today plugin that was recently supported by Treo Alert.

    To get Treo Alert to write out to the WM5 carrier plugin go to Treo Alert Configuration->Display Configuration->Switch Today Plugin and select Native Windows Mobile Plugin. Then you'll need to go to the Today settings app to disable the TREO ALERT plugin since it is redundant at this point.

    Note also that the Billboard plugin works flawlessly using RealVGA. No more refresh issues.

    Some screen shots
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15. #395  
    first of all hannip, just want to thank you for spending so much time and energy on developing such a great program as well as just helping others out in general (i've seen you posting in others threads besides this one). Your altruism is greatly appreciated and more of it is needed in this world!

    just had a question about one of the alert settings. alert setting number (1): led alert only...i understood this to be that if i got a txt, email, etc, the only thing my phone would do is start blinking it's led light (and more specifically, not lighting up my screen). mine now both lights the led and my screen. I THINK in previous versions of TA this was working for me (led only, no screen), but don't remember for sure. is that what it's supposed to do or am i mistaken? and if so, what's the diff between alert (4) vs. alert (1).

    thanks in advance for your help and again thank you for all that you do.
    Last edited by crang4; 08/25/2008 at 02:22 PM. Reason: clarification of problem
  16. #396  
    Hannip

    Small issue - in short, I cannot get the alert to clear the email count. Here is what I did.

    I had it set to clear upon dismiss, then thought I'd try it the other way to keep the count until I read the email. Well, I got a couple emails I didn't read right away, but after I read them, the E= still showed 2 emails. So I went back in and changed it to clear upon dismiss, then sent myself an email. I dismissed it and the count went back to 0, however I then got three emails and the count went to 5...I read the three and the count is now back at 2. All my email is read however...did I screw something up bouncing back and forth? I have it set to clear now, but still have the 2 showing up...

    Also, from a pure aesthetic standpoint can you get rid of the = sign? I think just having V M S E with the number or maybe a - may look better. May also free up some space in the sprint bar...just my .02.

    Thanks for a great program....got it just for the LED, staying for the rest of it.


    EDIT: Just got a text and upon reading it the email count reset as well....
    Last edited by AS329; 08/25/2008 at 04:46 PM.
  17.    #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by crang4 View Post
    first of all hannip, just want to thank you for spending so much time and energy on developing such a great program as well as just helping others out in general (i've seen you posting in others threads besides this one). Your altruism is greatly appreciated and more of it is needed in this world!
    I'm just one of a crew of people helping out here, but thanks.

    just had a question about one of the alert settings. alert setting number (1): led alert only...i understood this to be that if i got a txt, email, etc, the only thing my phone would do is start blinking it's led light (and more specifically, not lighting up my screen). mine now both lights the led and my screen. I THINK in previous versions of TA this was working for me (led only, no screen), but don't remember for sure. is that what it's supposed to do or am i mistaken? and if so, what's the diff between alert (4) vs. alert (1).

    thanks in advance for your help and again thank you for all that you do.
    (1) blinks the led when one of the enabled events occurs. No repeat reminders will occur for this option.

    (4) same as (1) with the addition of repeat reminders letting you know that you have pending alerts.

    Note that the Sounds & Notifications settings that are configured in Start->Settings are separate from Treo Alert. If there is a sound or vibe configured there it will occur at the time of the event also. TA should not wake up your device. If it is being woken up then it's the OS or S&N settings.
  18.    #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Hannip

    Small issue - in short, I cannot get the alert to clear the email count. Here is what I did.

    I had it set to clear upon dismiss, then thought I'd try it the other way to keep the count until I read the email. Well, I got a couple emails I didn't read right away, but after I read them, the E= still showed 2 emails. So I went back in and changed it to clear upon dismiss, then sent myself an email. I dismissed it and the count went back to 0, however I then got three emails and the count went to 5...I read the three and the count is now back at 2. All my email is read however...did I screw something up bouncing back and forth? I have it set to clear now, but still have the 2 showing up...

    Also, from a pure aesthetic standpoint can you get rid of the = sign? I think just having V M S E with the number or maybe a - may look better. May also free up some space in the sprint bar...just my .02.

    Thanks for a great program....got it just for the LED, staying for the rest of it.


    EDIT: Just got a text and upon reading it the email count reset as well....
    When you have TA set to not reset the counts it's up to the email application to keep the count correct. TA in no way tries to count which emails you have unread and it will not try to fix the count if it is out of sync with the mail app. Before switching off the reset on dismiss you should get the count to match the email app first. ex. mark all read and verify the count is 0. After that it's up to the email app.
  19. #399  
    Thanks...it eventually reset, but now when I get a new email, it goes to 3, however once I dismiss, it goes back to 0...is there anyway to get it to reset itself, so it starts back at 1?
  20.    #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Thanks...it eventually reset, but now when I get a new email, it goes to 3, however once I dismiss, it goes back to 0...is there anyway to get it to reset itself, so it starts back at 1?
    I wonder if you have some unread deleted items or something. List your folders and select Deleted Items and see if there is anything there that is bold.

Posting Permissions