Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Voice Command can already read your SMS to you if you use the outlook sms instead of the Palm version. Unfortunately Palm locked up its sms database tight using encryption so there is no way for a 3rd party program to read them.

If you used my script to switch from Palm to [P]outlook sms and you want them to be read to you do the following.

Start->Settings, select Voice Command. Check the box to enable Voice Command. Select "Messaging" in the listbox and click on the "Options" button. On the Options menu check "Announce new messages" and uncheck "High priority messages only" if so desired.

I'll have to look into if there is a way to programatically dismiss an alert. If there is a way then you could again use voice command to run the dismiss program by saying "Run dismiss".

That way you could hear your messages over bluetooth and dismiss it all without touching your treo via your bluetooth headset.
    I love this phone! If i understan correctly, Poutlook SMS doesn't report new messages as of yet- Is that correct?
  2.    #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    I love this phone! If i understan correctly, Poutlook SMS doesn't report new messages as of yet- Is that correct?
    If you mean the Inbox today plugin doesn't show a text message count, you are correct. I haven't figured out how to get that to work yet. But if you have TA, you don't need it.
    If you mean the Inbox today plugin doesn't show a text message count, you are correct. I haven't figured out how to get that to work yet. But if you have TA, you don't need it.

Cool! I dont use the plugin anyway.
  4.    #364  
    I think I got everyone's requests. Let me know if I missed anything.

And of course please report any bugs found.

See the first post of this thread, read about the new features, follow the link and download.

Enjoy!
    Do we still need to uninstall previous versions or can we install this upon previous versions.

And thanks for this program. Awsome.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Do we still need to uninstall previous versions or can we install this upon previous versions.

And thanks for this program. Awsome.
    "Beta 13 now available. Follow the link below to download. If you have beta 12 installed you do NOT need to uninstall first. The Installation will uninstall it for you. If you are using a prior build you will need to uninstall it first."

Dont worry, that's what we are here for I bet you just read that after you posted too. lol
    Installed fine, kept my old settings, all looks good.

Thanks for keeping up with this project!
    Last edited by Painter_; 08/17/2008 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Fix spelling error
    Dude...and now I need to go change that article to show that beta 13 is already out!
  9.    #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Dude...and now I need to go change that article to show that beta 13 is already out!
    hehe, sorry, I didn't have time to add the celebrity voices yet.

Just a reminder to everyone that this is community developed software. If anyone wants to help out or have some ideas feel free to donate your time or creative skills to the project.

When I get billboard fixed I'll probably release version 8.2 as a stable build. Future project ideas include:
    - Adding profile support
    - More plugins (rlToday?)
    - More display options
    - Integration with Voice Command
    - Support for more devices (really need others to pitch in here that have devices they would like TA to work with)
    - Full LED support (need help here too)

Let me know if you want to pitch in (in any way) or have any good ideas.

For non-Treo 800w related topics it's probably best to discuss over in the developer forum thread here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139440
    Last edited by hannip; 08/17/2008 at 09:23 PM.
    i will try
    I'm not a developer. I don't even play one on tv. But when you're ready to include those celebrity voices, let me know and I'll make you some recordings.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hannip,

Love your program!

I have installed Beta 13 and have the following comments:
    Display View; I have Short date, Sig, and Main memory size but the memory size doesn't show on the carrier line. Also if I pick Sig, Bat, and Size, it doesn't show "%" behind the numbers.

Do I need to do something in the display to make these show up?

Thanks,
    Ken
  13.    #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdcsdal View Post
    Hannip,

Love your program!
    Thanks, but I am only one of the developers to thank. Make sure you thank Slingbox and Codyppc too for all the hard work they've done getting the app this far. They are a little sensitive after reading the Mobility Today review where it said "Hannip's Treo Alert" program. Slingbox's name should be there if anyone's. There were a lot of contributors, but it was Sling's baby. I'm sure he'd still be working on it if he still had a Treo. I'm just picking up the slack.

I have installed Beta 13 and have the following comments:
    Display View; I have Short date, Sig, and Main memory size but the memory size doesn't show on the carrier line. Also if I pick Sig, Bat, and Size, it doesn't show "%" behind the numbers.

Do I need to do something in the display to make these show up?

Thanks,
    Ken
    Good catch. That menu is wrong. There should be no memory listed after the short date options. I'll fix it.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I think I got everyone's requests. Let me know if I missed anything.

And of course please report any bugs found.

See the first post of this thread, read about the new features, follow the link and download.

Enjoy!
    This application is awesome. Thank you

With this new feature
    - Changed vibe program to turn off vibe when phone is answered.

Does this fix the distored calls caused by the Palm update?

I installed your new version and I can't seem to get the problem to happen.
  15.    #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by joems View Post
    This application is awesome. Thank you

With this new feature
    - Changed vibe program to turn off vibe when phone is answered.

Does this fix the distored calls caused by the Palm update?

I installed your new version and I can't seem to get the problem to happen.
    It should help, but it still needs some work to get it to stop vibing before the audio channel is opened. I've changed the priority for the vibe app to be higher and have it notified by the OS when the call is answered, but seems to still be a delay.
    It should help, but it still needs some work to get it to stop vibing before the audio channel is opened. I've changed the priority for the vibe app to be higher and have it notified by the OS when the call is answered, but seems to still be a delay.
    Yeah, it happened to me again today. I've gotten good about not answering during a vibe, but I guess the Monday's got me. Answered right at the beginning of the repeating vibe and had the garbled call. This was shortly after I installed beta 13.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thanks, but I am only one of the developers to thank. Make sure you thank Slingbox and Codyppc too for all the hard work they've done getting the app this far. They are a little sensitive after reading the Mobility Today review where it said "Hannip's Treo Alert" program. Slingbox's name should be there if anyone's. There were a lot of contributors, but it was Sling's baby. I'm sure he'd still be working on it if he still had a Treo. I'm just picking up the slack.

Good catch. That menu is wrong. There should be no memory listed after the short date options. I'll fix it.
    My apologies to Slingbox and Codyppc!!!! Y'all are all awesome!

Can you add the "%" to the Signal and Battery numbers in the Sig, Bat, Memory line? That will help extend the information further into that line.

Thanks,
    Ken
  18.    #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdcsdal View Post
    My apologies to Slingbox and Codyppc!!!! Y'all are all awesome!

Can you add the "%" to the Signal and Battery numbers in the Sig, Bat, Memory line? That will help extend the information further into that line.

Thanks,
    Ken
    unfortunately the 800w carrier line isn't long enough for the extra % signs. That's why they are missing for that display option. It may look like there is room, but the text gets chopped off when I add them.
    My apologies to Sling and Cody as well.