Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    yes, but unless my WiFi is turning itself on without my knowledge that's not what's going on here.
  2.    #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    Hannip, I don't know if you're watching the Incoming call garbled thread or not. I posted in that a little while ago.

Not to lightly question you, but you had stated that the garbled call is only with the BT patch installed. Well, I do *not* have the BT patch installed (tried it to verify, bluetooth headset will launch VC but I cannot hear anything over headset, nor will it dial numbers if I hold my finger over the phone mic) but I *do* have TA beta 12 installed and if I answer a call while vibrating the call is badly garbled. I have to hang up and call the person back.

Unless I'm missing something there's no way this is linked to the BT patch. I haven't tried it w/out TA installed. Thought I'd get your thoughts before going thru all that trouble.

Any ideas?
    hmm, well on mine it was very easy to recreate with the bluetooth patch installed. After I hard reset I could not recreate the whacked out buzzing garbledness (different from the "towel" garbledness) when picking up while vibing. Maybe the hard reset fixed it, but I tried it 2 times. Each time after I installed the patch I could easily recreate the problem. After the 2nd hard reset I haven't reinstalled the patch and haven't had the issue since.
    I haven't installed the patch yet either. Just got a call that was garbled...they had to call back three times.

Just changed "phone ringing" style to none. Will go back into sounds and notifications and turn it on there..
  4.    #344  
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    I haven't installed the patch yet either. Just got a call that was garbled...they had to call back three times.

Just changed "phone ringing" style to none. Will go back into sounds and notifications and turn it on there..
    Dunno then, it sure seemed to be repeatable but 2 times does not make a good sample size. At any rate either way it's a bug with the phone and it has been reported to Palm.
    If it can read my last incoming call... Can you make an opt to read my SMS then give a audio promp/option to verbally "dismiss" the alert? I hate diggin out my phone to read yet again one those jokes I've seen 100 times already that week.
    Hannip, for me it's intermittent. Or, maybe it's something I installed besides TA. Anyway, I had my phone replaced by Sprint the other day, monday I think, and started re-installing my apps. I received a call and answered it while vibrating (not intentional, just happened that way) and noticed that it wasn't R2-D2 on the other end. I was quite happy with that. But, the next day I did the same thing, and what do you know, it was R2-D2 on the other end. Since then it's happened a couple more times. Again, I have not installed the BT patch. Though, now that I know it's not the culprit I'm planning to do so.

I'm not blaming TA, it may just be that w/out TA installed the phone doesn't vibrate long enough to answer it while it's vibrating. But, with TA I set the ringing vibrate to about 2 seconds with 1 second between vibes. So, now it's difficult to *not* answer while vibrating. But, it can be done and I've just learned to do so.

Anyway, maybe TA's vibe setting make it more noticeable just for that reason, it vibrates for more than a millisecond, which is all the non-TA one does.

Hope this helps. You're right, it is a bug with the phone either way.
    I have installed 12. I cannot get the LED to work and although I have vibrate turned off, it still vibrates.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    12 has made me loose my front hardware buttons. End Key, Calendar, Ok, Start. Yea none of those are working. I uninstalled, did a soft reset, did a Sprite back up to a few weeks ago. Still no workie, just a heads up. I guess 12 doesn't like a program I have installed or something. 11 was doing alright for the most part. This is the first program I have installed in about a week so it isn't anything else I recently installed. Just a heads up.
    Hrm...what will this button do.
    12 is smooth as silk for me.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  10.    #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by afbond03 View Post
    12 has made me loose my front hardware buttons. End Key, Calendar, Ok, Start. Yea none of those are working. I uninstalled, did a soft reset, did a Sprite back up to a few weeks ago. Still no workie, just a heads up. I guess 12 doesn't like a program I have installed or something. 11 was doing alright for the most part. This is the first program I have installed in about a week so it isn't anything else I recently installed. Just a heads up.
    wow, TA's been blamed for a lot of things over the years, but breaking hardware buttons is a first.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I am in no way trying to down your product it obviously works very well for alot of people and the previous version was working for me. Maybe it is coincidence that I installed 12 and my phone just decided to take a crap lol. So I am in no way saying hey you suck, I appreciate all the work you put into development so in no way mean to sound like I am bashing your product. I just wanted to post so if someone else had the problem or not we would know.
    Hrm...what will this button do.
  12.    #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by afbond03 View Post
    I am in no way trying to down your product it obviously works very well for alot of people and the previous version was working for me. Maybe it is coincidence that I installed 12 and my phone just decided to take a crap lol. So I am in no way saying hey you suck, I appreciate all the work you put into development so in no way mean to sound like I am bashing your product. I just wanted to post so if someone else had the problem or not we would know.
    Oh I know. I just thought I've seen it all. I guess there is still room. It could start someone's device on fire yet.
    Sorry, don't mean to make light of your troubles, it just seemed a little funny to me knowing what the code does.
  13.    #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    If it can read my last incoming call... Can you make an opt to read my SMS then give a audio promp/option to verbally "dismiss" the alert? I hate diggin out my phone to read yet again one those jokes I've seen 100 times already that week.
    Voice Command can already read your SMS to you if you use the outlook sms instead of the Palm version. Unfortunately Palm locked up its sms database tight using encryption so there is no way for a 3rd party program to read them.

If you used my script to switch from Palm to [P]outlook sms and you want them to be read to you do the following.

Start->Settings, select Voice Command. Check the box to enable Voice Command. Select "Messaging" in the listbox and click on the "Options" button. On the Options menu check "Announce new messages" and uncheck "High priority messages only" if so desired.

I'll have to look into if there is a way to programatically dismiss an alert. If there is a way then you could again use voice command to run the dismiss program by saying "Run dismiss".

That way you could hear your messages over bluetooth and dismiss it all without touching your treo via your bluetooth headset.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I just wanted to report that 12 is working great here with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    wow, TA's been blamed for a lot of things over the years, but breaking hardware buttons is a first.
    heheh..we broke a few building app lol
  16.    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    Hannip, for me it's intermittent. Or, maybe it's something I installed besides TA. Anyway, I had my phone replaced by Sprint the other day, monday I think, and started re-installing my apps. I received a call and answered it while vibrating (not intentional, just happened that way) and noticed that it wasn't R2-D2 on the other end. I was quite happy with that. But, the next day I did the same thing, and what do you know, it was R2-D2 on the other end. Since then it's happened a couple more times. Again, I have not installed the BT patch. Though, now that I know it's not the culprit I'm planning to do so.
    Yeah if that's the case I guess I'll reinstall the patch too.

I'm not blaming TA, it may just be that w/out TA installed the phone doesn't vibrate long enough to answer it while it's vibrating. But, with TA I set the ringing vibrate to about 2 seconds with 1 second between vibes. So, now it's difficult to *not* answer while vibrating. But, it can be done and I've just learned to do so.
    I wonder if Palm made the vibe so short on purpose. Maybe they knew about this issue and thought the chances would be very small that someone will run into that bug. Until I came along. :-P

Anyway, maybe TA's vibe setting make it more noticeable just for that reason, it vibrates for more than a millisecond, which is all the non-TA one does.

Hope this helps. You're right, it is a bug with the phone either way.
    Right, now that TA let's you vibe as long as you want it makes the bug very noticeable. I'll make some changes to my vibe program to mitigate the problem by shutting down the vibe faster when the phone is answered. Maybe that will help.
  17.    #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    heheh..we broke a few building app lol
    lol, that we did.
  18.    #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by kulnet View Post
    I just wanted to report that 12 is working great here with no problems.
    It's always nice to hear. Thx.
  19.    #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I have installed 12. I cannot get the LED to work and although I have vibrate turned off, it still vibrates.
    Ah, a pre-released unit perhaps? This happened to someone else before when TA couldn't recognize that the device was a treo 800w. I think I need to create a debug page so it's easy for users to display the registry settings. For example the device name that TA uses is found in the registry at:

HKLM|Software\Mort's MortScript|device

If you look up the value for device the value should be "Sprint Treo 800w" if you have an 800w. If the value is "Unknown" then it didn't recognize it for some reason.

You could try reinstalling the cab to see if it was just a fluke, else I may want some more info about some other registry settings on your device to fix this for the future. In the meantime you can just change the value for device to be "Sprint Treo 800w" and it should work ok after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Ah, a pre-released unit perhaps? This happened to someone else before when TA couldn't recognize that the device was a treo 800w. I think I need to create a debug page so it's easy for users to display the registry settings. For example the device name that TA uses is found in the registry at:

HKLM|Software\Mort's MortScript|device

If you look up the value for device the value should be "Sprint Treo 800w" if you have an 800w. If the value is "Unknown" then it didn't recognize it for some reason.

You could try reinstalling the cab to see if it was just a fluke, else I may want some more info about some other registry settings on your device to fix this for the future. In the meantime you can just change the value for device to be "Sprint Treo 800w" and it should work ok after that.
    Changing the value worked. Thanks.
    Laissez Faire