Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 866
  1.    #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Turned off headset and switched ringer on.

    voice alerts started working (probably coincidence) still no luck with Voice Caller id so I Tried to toggle on/off and still nothing.
    Odd. So before you were hearing the reminder chime but no voice alert? I assume you toggled the ringer off then on. Your comment made it sound like you had the ringer off and you turned it on and it started working. Of course you need the ringer on for voice. Just making sure.

    Is anyone else having issues with the voice alerts? I think some of the confusion is that you need an alert setting that includes "REMINDER" for it to work. Guess I should not list voice and caller id in the view settings page when reminder alerts are disabled.
  2. #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Odd. So before you were hearing the reminder chime but no voice alert? I assume you toggled the ringer off then on. Your comment made it sound like you had the ringer off and you turned it on and it started working. Of course you need the ringer on for voice. Just making sure.

    Is anyone else having issues with the voice alerts? I think some of the confusion is that you need an alert setting that includes "REMINDER" for it to work. Guess I should not list voice and caller id in the view settings page when reminder alerts are disabled.
    Correct,
    First I heard both then it quit working. Now alerts will work but not the CID. Im not sure if the ringer needs to be on or not as the sound goes through my headset. I will play with that today, but I am pretty sure they used to go through my a2dp headset regardless of ringer/silent setting.
  3. bige54's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #323  
    Ok, I'm not sure if this is a bug, of if I am just not getting it right. I tried adjusting some display configurations last night. I saw that you can have the default plug-in display the long date. I figured if I chose that, I could eliminate the "Date" line display from Today and get back an extra line. At first, it worked fine. However, when I started getting some emails, the display changed to "Emails=99" and no matter how I tried to change the configuration, the email count stayed. At first, I still had a new email notification showing, but then I dismissed that. After that, I tried going into the configuration, and the long date reappeared, but with a "(2)*" before it, and I couldn't get rid of that. All I want is for the long date to always display, no counts, no other messages in the plug-in. Did I miss something, or is this a bug?
  4. #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    That's odd. TA doesn't touch the OS notifications in any way other than checking a registry entry. Alarms work well for me. Anyone else having this issue?

    My only suggestion is to use PMClean to see if you get alarms back.
    Yeah I had the same problem with the previous release and now this release. I had to hard reset my phone to get it back working. The only feature i really changed was the alert reminders...i changed it to vibrate long short long. and i did it for the reminders, txting, and calls.
  5. sliders7's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #325  
    I also have weird problem with b12 and previous built.

    it happens while picking up calls... suddenly the phone freeze and i have to soft reset my Treo750v.

    Then i install the 8.2 beta 8 ....and everything back to normal... I did some testing again picking up calls..... very smooth.. no hick up.

    strange....
    Save the cheerleader, Save The World!

    Treo 750v user and loving it!
  6.    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by sliders7 View Post
    I also have weird problem with b12 and previous built.

    it happens while picking up calls... suddenly the phone freeze and i have to soft reset my Treo750v.

    Then i install the 8.2 beta 8 ....and everything back to normal... I did some testing again picking up calls..... very smooth.. no hick up.

    strange....
    hmm, i haven't tested it on the 750. I wonder if the vibe during ring is causing your problem. Try turning that off in the vibe styles settings.
  7.    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    Ok, I'm not sure if this is a bug, of if I am just not getting it right. I tried adjusting some display configurations last night. I saw that you can have the default plug-in display the long date. I figured if I chose that, I could eliminate the "Date" line display from Today and get back an extra line. At first, it worked fine. However, when I started getting some emails, the display changed to "Emails=99" and no matter how I tried to change the configuration, the email count stayed. At first, I still had a new email notification showing, but then I dismissed that. After that, I tried going into the configuration, and the long date reappeared, but with a "(2)*" before it, and I couldn't get rid of that. All I want is for the long date to always display, no counts, no other messages in the plug-in. Did I miss something, or is this a bug?
    To get rid of the "(2)*" do:
    Configuration->Display Configuration->Set to Hide Alert Selection.

    The flashing counts occur when you have a pending notification. When you dismiss the notification your date will return as you saw. You must have been playing with different options and turned on the Alert Selection display.

    You can disable alert events that you don't care about in:
    Configuration->Alerts Configuration->Configure Events

    I don't currently have an option in TA that turns off the blinking notifications when you have enabled alerts configured. Is it a problem to dismiss your notifications? I guess I could add a configuration for this.
  8. #328  
    I have not read the entire thread, so I may have missed this. I have alerts set to be off from 11PM-6AM. I have PMClean set to clean and reset the Treo at 4:AM. But when it resets I get the voice announcing Treo Alert 8.2. Should the voice not be off when the alerts are off?
    Laissez Faire
  9. #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I have not read the entire thread, so I may have missed this. I have alerts set to be off from 11PM-6AM. I have PMClean set to clean and reset the Treo at 4:AM. But when it resets I get the voice announcing Treo Alert 8.2. Should the voice not be off when the alerts are off?

    I just went in to the sounds folder and renamed the welcome sound to something else.. I cant stand that voice announcing Treo Alert 8.2
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
  10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I have not read the entire thread, so I may have missed this. I have alerts set to be off from 11PM-6AM. I have PMClean set to clean and reset the Treo at 4:AM. But when it resets I get the voice announcing Treo Alert 8.2. Should the voice not be off when the alerts are off?
    This was just brought up by others recently. I'll be fixing this in beta 13.
  11.    #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post
    I just went in to the sounds folder and renamed the welcome sound to something else.. I cant stand that voice announcing Treo Alert 8.2
    I'll make sure there is an option for "I never want to hear that again".
  12. #332  
    It's not that I never want to hear that again, I just don't want to hear it at 3 a.m.

    Ok...maybe it is that I don't ever want to hear it again.

    Ignore this post.

    :>
  13. bige54's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    To get rid of the "(2)*" do:
    Configuration->Display Configuration->Set to Hide Alert Selection.

    The flashing counts occur when you have a pending notification. When you dismiss the notification your date will return as you saw. You must have been playing with different options and turned on the Alert Selection display.

    You can disable alert events that you don't care about in:
    Configuration->Alerts Configuration->Configure Events

    I don't currently have an option in TA that turns off the blinking notifications when you have enabled alerts configured. Is it a problem to dismiss your notifications? I guess I could add a configuration for this.
    Ok, the "Set to Hide Alert Selection" is confusing. When that is showing, the "(2)" shows up. When I select that, and it changes to "Set to Show Alert Selection", then the "(2)" is hidden. Either the message is incorrect, or at best misleading or confusing.

    As for the blinking notifications, actually I would prefer not to see them at all. If you can add configuration for that, great. If not, I can live with it. The program overall is great, and I, and I am sure everyone here, appreciates your efforts to accomodate our feature requests.

    Something I forgot to mention before. Even if I select the "Leave my carrier display alone" option, after a soft reset, the display line goest back to showing the program name. At that point, even if I re-select the leave my carrier alone option, the line stays there. I have to first select another option, such as long date, and then select leave my carrier alone, before the carrier default display comes back.
  14.    #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    Ok, the "Set to Hide Alert Selection" is confusing. When that is showing, the "(2)" shows up. When I select that, and it changes to "Set to Show Alert Selection", then the "(2)" is hidden. Either the message is incorrect, or at best misleading or confusing.
    Yeah, no matter how I word it somebody gets confused.

    As for the blinking notifications, actually I would prefer not to see them at all. If you can add configuration for that, great. If not, I can live with it. The program overall is great, and I, and I am sure everyone here, appreciates your efforts to accomodate our feature requests.
    It's easy enough to add.

    Something I forgot to mention before. Even if I select the "Leave my carrier display alone" option, after a soft reset, the display line goest back to showing the program name. At that point, even if I re-select the leave my carrier alone option, the line stays there. I have to first select another option, such as long date, and then select leave my carrier alone, before the carrier default display comes back.
    That's a bug. I'll add it to the list.
  15. #335  
    Hannip,

    Your brilliance has made us all a bit happier with our phones! Thank you!
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
  16. #336  
    hannip is awesome!
    This is by far one of the best additions to this phone!
  17. #337  
    I am using xcast in my carrier display. It is frighteningly accurate!

    Miami in the summer is often blazing sunshine followed by violent thunderstorms, follwed by blazing sunshine.

    When this thing reads "Storm@Now" get the hell inside!

    -Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  18.    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    I am using xcast in my carrier display. It is frighteningly accurate!

    Miami in the summer is often blazing sunshine followed by violent thunderstorms, follwed by blazing sunshine.

    When this thing reads "Storm@Now" get the hell inside!

    -Rob
    hehe, yeah I find it very accurate myself. It's funny, I have weatherpanel on my today page, yet I still rely on TA Xcast cuz it's more accurate.
  19. #339  
    Hannip, I don't know if you're watching the Incoming call garbled thread or not. I posted in that a little while ago.

    Not to lightly question you, but you had stated that the garbled call is only with the BT patch installed. Well, I do *not* have the BT patch installed (tried it to verify, bluetooth headset will launch VC but I cannot hear anything over headset, nor will it dial numbers if I hold my finger over the phone mic) but I *do* have TA beta 12 installed and if I answer a call while vibrating the call is badly garbled. I have to hang up and call the person back.

    Unless I'm missing something there's no way this is linked to the BT patch. I haven't tried it w/out TA installed. Thought I'd get your thoughts before going thru all that trouble.

    Any ideas?
  20. #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    Hannip, I don't know if you're watching the Incoming call garbled thread or not. I posted in that a little while ago.

    Not to lightly question you, but you had stated that the garbled call is only with the BT patch installed. Well, I do *not* have the BT patch installed (tried it to verify, bluetooth headset will launch VC but I cannot hear anything over headset, nor will it dial numbers if I hold my finger over the phone mic) but I *do* have TA beta 12 installed and if I answer a call while vibrating the call is badly garbled. I have to hang up and call the person back.

    Unless I'm missing something there's no way this is linked to the BT patch. I haven't tried it w/out TA installed. Thought I'd get your thoughts before going thru all that trouble.

    Any ideas?
    Thats happened to me when I have Wifi on
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro

Posting Permissions