Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by karong View Post
    Well I installed TA yesterday, all was well until last night. I put it into the charger before going to sleep and this morning i take it off the charger but the phone will not come on, the screen is black and im pressing buttons and nothing is happening. I did a battery pull to reset it, the phone powers up but the radio is off, it says "no service' so i press the power button to turn it on and still nothing. Still no service. Since TA was the most recent thing i installed I uninstalled it and did a soft reset and now everything is normal. I dont know for sure if TA was the cause all i know is i never had that problem before and it went away after i uninstalled.
    Most likely just a coincidence. See these threads. Seems to be a common problem.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=169177
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168545
    One of my settings in TA has hijacked my system alarm clock. It now only vibrates and doesnt play the selected sound.

Anyone know how to fix this. Or recomend a good alarm clock that plays well with TA?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Are you guys ok with getting her to shut up by obeying the timer, or would you prefer an option to disable announcements during boot?
    Either solution solves my marital issue.

Well, at least that one.

Thanks!
  4.    #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    One of my settings in TA has hijacked my system alarm clock. It now only vibrates and doesnt play the selected sound.

Anyone know how to fix this. Or recomend a good alarm clock that plays well with TA?
    That's odd. TA doesn't touch the OS notifications in any way other than checking a registry entry. Alarms work well for me. Anyone else having this issue?

My only suggestion is to use PMClean to see if you get alarms back.
    Great program! Thanks.
    If I change one of my text messages from read to unread, the display counter is not getting updated. Thanks.
    I'm not sure if this has happened to me. I do know that apMemo now only vibrates--no noise. Except for the lovely reminder from TA.
  7.    #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    Great program! Thanks.
    If I change one of my text messages from read to unread, the display counter is not getting updated. Thanks.
    Are you using Palm Messaging or tmail sms? If using Palm is the sms plugin showing a different count than TA?
    TA doesn't touch the OS notifications in any way other than checking a registry entry. Alarms work well for me. Anyone else having this issue?
    If we're talking about the Settings>Clock & Alarms>Alarms, I can confirm that all three work as expected and play the system selected sound on my 800w & TA b12.

That said, I've gone back to using Calendar Reminders as I can use longer MP3s as my alarm tone.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Configuration->Display Configuration->Set to Hide Alert Selection
    thanks hannip
    That's odd. TA doesn't touch the OS notifications in any way other than checking a registry entry. Alarms work well for me. Anyone else having this issue?

My only suggestion is to use PMClean to see if you get alarms back.
    Hard reset and am rebuilding so far so good. I only have 2 apps left and the alarm is still working. If I get to the end and it works then I don't know wtf?! Perhaps it was a specific combo of different setting changes in TA?

I'll post back.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    It has been identified that the 800w audio will get totally whacked when answering a call while the phone is vibrating. This is not a Treo Alerts bug, but it does have a repeat vibration feature while the phone is ringing. This was a feature requested by several users.

If you use this feature which is enabled by default you must answer your calls in between vibes. The other option is to set the vibe style to "none" for "Phone Ringing" in the "Set Vibe Alert Styles" menu.

I'm not sure if this is a 800w wide issues or not, but several have reported the issue and it does happen on mine also.
    Is the "repeat vibration" feature configurable? I can't find where to turn it on or off.
    Are you using Palm Messaging or tmail sms? If using Palm is the sms plugin showing a different count than TA?
    I am using stock Palm Messaging. I did not have the stock sms today plugin earlier. But comparing it to TA, they are identical. They both do not increase the count if I manually mark an SMS message unread. Darn!
    Hannip,

After a fresh install of everything, things are working great! My backups are now about 1/3 of the size so I guess I had a bunch of junk cluttering up my device.

When I do a hard reset and restore with a working backup....
    Is it best to set SPbackup to REPLACE system settings or MERGE with them?

I am wondering if that was some of my bloating, as I haven't intstalled much and used MemMaid to uninstall when I removed someting
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    Is the "repeat vibration" feature configurable? I can't find where to turn it on or off.
    Configuration->Alerts Configuration->Set Vibe Alert Styles. Scroll down and select "Phone Ringing". On the next menu select "none".
  15.    #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    I am using stock Palm Messaging. I did not have the stock sms today plugin earlier. But comparing it to TA, they are identical. They both do not increase the count if I manually mark an SMS message unread. Darn!
    Not much I can do about that since TA depends on the app to set the count correctly.
  16.    #316  
    Hannip,

After a fresh install of everything, things are working great! My backups are now about 1/3 of the size so I guess I had a bunch of junk cluttering up my device.
    Good to hear.

When I do a hard reset and restore with a working backup....
    Is it best to set SPbackup to REPLACE system settings or MERGE with them?

I am wondering if that was some of my bloating, as I haven't intstalled much and used MemMaid to uninstall when I removed someting
    I would choose replace if the backup is known good and from the same device.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I know you found some bug with Voice Alerts after booting, but I am not sure if this is the same. When I first installed beta 12, and I "View Current Settings", it said Voice Alerts was on. However, when I went to Configuration/Alert Configuration, it said "Voice Alerts: Off". I had to toggle it on, then off again, for it to be really off.

Also, in regard my previous post about repeating vibes. I guess from your answer that there is no way to have a vibe set for phone ringing, yet turn off the repeating, so it only vibes as I set it once?
  18.    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    I know you found some bug with Voice Alerts after booting, but I am not sure if this is the same. When I first installed beta 12, and I "View Current Settings", it said Voice Alerts was on. However, when I went to Configuration/Alert Configuration, it said "Voice Alerts: Off". I had to toggle it on, then off again, for it to be really off.
    Yep, got that one fixed already. It'll be in the next drop.

Also, in regard my previous post about repeating vibes. I guess from your answer that there is no way to have a vibe set for phone ringing, yet turn off the repeating, so it only vibes as I set it once?
    Yeah, in hindsight I should've made the repeat configurable. I can do that. Is somebody keeping track of all the things I'm going to do for the next drop? lol
    Well..

Voice alerts and Voice caller ID quit working. No amount of toggling the on/off seems to reinstate them

Hopefully this is the issue that is fixed in the next release?

Those features are what make this a must have app for me
    Turned off headset and switched ringer on.

voice alerts started working (probably coincidence) still no luck with Voice Caller id so I Tried to toggle on/off and still nothing.