Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    I like the voice alerts, but why does TAM have to announce itself as being on after a reset? This is somewhat disconcerting when the Treo resets following a 3 a.m. backup.
  2.    #282  
    lol guess I can add an option to shut her up on boot. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Thanks, or even just to get "her" to "honor" the Timer setting.

My wife doesn't like listening to that "other woman" talking in our bedroom every night.

While we've come to the compromise that it's okay for "her" (TA) to be there, but she has to be quiet.

Not even just the soft whisper promising a successfully completed reboot after the nightly Sprite backup.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by cedar; 08/11/2008 at 01:02 PM.
    And while not nearly as vital as the alerts side of things, I'm having trouble getting XCast to work correctly, probably due to the fact that my house is typically "roaming only" - so Sprint internet.

Is it possible for XCast to check for an internet connection before trying to update, and defer it's update until there is one?

Another solution might be an "update upon sync" or manual update option.

Any chance XCast could be set for 12 / 18 / 24 hour updates?

Or to allow me to set what times it would actually check - allowing me to pick times I'm likely not at home.

But if it's not easy to implement, please understand that I consider XCast only the topping to TA's Key Lime Pie.

And you don't really care about the topping when the pie is this good.

Yummm.... pie.
    Not sure if this is a fix with the text truncation, but in my carrier plugin, when I get an alert, it just shows the first letter of each option (ie. V:0 S:1, E:1, etc.) as opposed to the full acronym. Not really an issue, I was just curious if this was normal. I haven't ever used the plugins on the today screen because of the truncation and refresh issues, so I may be way behind the times.

Thanks for your work on this, a very nice app, especially with the last two updates.
    Yay!!
    That would be nice.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I do NOT want my SMS messages marked as read until I actually read them. I do not like that when I select "dismiss", my SMS count goes back to zero despite the fact that I have not yet read the message since I have mine set to privacy mode.
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
  9.    #289  
    Quote Originally Posted by cedar View Post
    Thanks, or even just to get "her" to "honor" the Timer setting.
    Good idea.

My wife doesn't like listening to that "other woman" talking in our bedroom every night.

While we've come to the compromise that it's okay for "her" (TA) to be there, but she has to be quiet.

Not even just the soft whisper promising a successfully completed reboot after the nightly Sprite backup.

Thanks again!
    lol. I'll get the TA babe to obey the timer. I wouldn't want to break up any marriages.
  10.    #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by cedar View Post
    And while not nearly as vital as the alerts side of things, I'm having trouble getting XCast to work correctly, probably due to the fact that my house is typically "roaming only" - so Sprint internet.

Is it possible for XCast to check for an internet connection before trying to update, and defer it's update until there is one?
    Yes this would be an easy option to add.

Another solution might be an "update upon sync" or manual update option.

Any chance XCast could be set for 12 / 18 / 24 hour updates?
    Sure, this would be easy also.

Or to allow me to set what times it would actually check - allowing me to pick times I'm likely not at home.

But if it's not easy to implement, please understand that I consider XCast only the topping to TA's Key Lime Pie.

And you don't really care about the topping when the pie is this good.

Yummm.... pie.
    mmm.... pie.
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1754 View Post
    Not sure if this is a fix with the text truncation, but in my carrier plugin, when I get an alert, it just shows the first letter of each option (ie. V:0 S:1, E:1, etc.) as opposed to the full acronym. Not really an issue, I was just curious if this was normal. I haven't ever used the plugins on the today screen because of the truncation and refresh issues, so I may be way behind the times.

Thanks for your work on this, a very nice app, especially with the last two updates.
    Yep, this is by design. There is limited space on the 800w's carrier line so I had to abbreviate things.
  12.    #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Yay!!
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    That would be nice.
    Are you guys ok with getting her to shut up by obeying the timer, or would you prefer an option to disable announcements during boot?
  13.    #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post
    I do NOT want my SMS messages marked as read until I actually read them. I do not like that when I select "dismiss", my SMS count goes back to zero despite the fact that I have not yet read the message since I have mine set to privacy mode.
    It doesn't mark them read, it just resets the counter when you dismiss the notification. Many have requested this feature. I can add another configuration to leave the count alone.
    Are you guys ok with getting her to shut up by obeying the timer, or would you prefer an option to disable announcements during boot?
    I would like for HER to just obey the timer.

What about give an option in the config menu for StartUp - ON, OFF, ON with RULES

That should seem to please most everyone!
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    my today screen shows: (1)* VMSE: 0 0 0 0

how do i change the (1)* part ?????

thanks hannip
    I'd rather "her" just disabled at boot. Amongst my many hats I'm a first responder, so I never turn things off.

Funny thing is "she" didn't wake me this morning. Now if only "she" wer a "he...."
  17.    #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    I would like for HER to just obey the timer.

What about give an option in the config menu for StartUp - ON, OFF, ON with RULES

That should seem to please most everyone!
    Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I'd rather "her" just disabled at boot. Amongst my many hats I'm a first responder, so I never turn things off.

Funny thing is "she" didn't wake me this morning. Now if only "she" wer a "he...."
    Ack, he? I suppose I need to add different personalities too now? Maybe I could provide a sound pack where you could choose different celebrity voices, playboy bunnies, chipmonks etc.
    Then I could add language packs too. Hmm. lol
    Last edited by hannip; 08/12/2008 at 06:43 AM.
  18.    #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    my today screen shows: (1)* VMSE: 0 0 0 0

how do i change the (1)* part ?????

thanks hannip
    Configuration->Display Configuration->Set to Hide Alert Selection
    Ack, he? I suppose I need to add different personalities too now? Maybe I could provide a sound pack where you could choose different celebrity voices, playboy bunnies, chipmonks etc.
    Then I could add language packs too. Hmm. lol
    Then you can do like Tomtom and sell celebrity voices. You might be onto something here!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Well I installed TA yesterday, all was well until last night. I put it into the charger before going to sleep and this morning i take it off the charger but the phone will not come on, the screen is black and im pressing buttons and nothing is happening. I did a battery pull to reset it, the phone powers up but the radio is off, it says "no service' so i press the power button to turn it on and still nothing. Still no service. Since TA was the most recent thing i installed I uninstalled it and did a soft reset and now everything is normal. I dont know for sure if TA was the cause all i know is i never had that problem before and it went away after i uninstalled.