Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
  1.    #261  
    It has been identified that the 800w audio will get totally whacked when answering a call while the phone is vibrating. This is not a Treo Alerts bug, but it does have a repeat vibration feature while the phone is ringing. This was a feature requested by several users.

If you use this feature which is enabled by default you must answer your calls in between vibes. The other option is to set the vibe style to "none" for "Phone Ringing" in the "Set Vibe Alert Styles" menu.

I'm not sure if this is a 800w wide issues or not, but several have reported the issue and it does happen on mine also.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Mine does this also. I like it. I want to remove the notification but like it to stay bold so I remember to reply later. So if it is changed I would like it to at least be a preference setting
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yes that's the intention. Dismiss the alert but leave them bold until read.
    After, sxtg's response I understood your reasoning. The way I used it was when you receive a SMS you can read it when it pops up then choose to dismiss (and not reply back). Either way, thanks again.
    hannip: man or machine?

very impressed with this version and all seems to be working well

*note: for those using Ultimate Launcher, you can put the Wifi/BT plugin into UL but...it won't auto refresh. You'll have to select it for it to update, so it's probably not recommended if you use it to show your counts/status, etc.

I noticed this as well with the Sprint/Mogul voicemail plugin...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #264  
    Thx Mal, now if I could only fix the hardware issues on the phone.

Trying out my new 800w. Hoping for the best.
    hannip - sheer genious

I will wax eloquent another time.
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    hannip - sheer genious

I will wax eloquent another time.
    lol, thx Alli
    hannip: one issue I found is screen redrawing issues with Billboard enabled.

Basically, toying with my volume settings or running the GPS hack causes bits of the screen to stay drawn over the billboard plugin. I have to refresh the plugin (usually via settings) to get it back to normal...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  8.    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    hannip: one issue I found is screen redrawing issues with Billboard enabled.

Basically, toying with my volume settings or running the GPS hack causes bits of the screen to stay drawn over the billboard plugin. I have to refresh the plugin (usually via settings) to get it back to normal...
    Yep, this is a known issue. I'm still hoping that zbop makes an appearance so that I don't have to rewrite that plugin. That and led color/blink rate support are the only remaining known issues with the 800w.
  9.    #269  
    It has been identified that the 800w audio will get totally whacked when answering a call while the phone is vibrating. This is not a Treo Alerts bug, but it does have a repeat vibration feature while the phone is ringing. This was a feature requested by several users.

If you use this feature which is enabled by default you must answer your calls in between vibes. The other option is to set the vibe style to "none" for "Phone Ringing" in the "Set Vibe Alert Styles" menu.

I'm not sure if this is a 800w wide issues or not, but several have reported the issue and it does happen on mine also.
    My new phone doesn't have this issue. I haven't installed the bluetooth patch yet. Will try again with the patch.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Thanks Hannip. everything I was looking for. working great for me so far!!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Thanks Hannip. everything I was looking for. working great for me so far!!
    Good to hear. Thx
  12.    #272  
    My new phone doesn't have this issue. I haven't installed the bluetooth patch yet. Will try again with the patch.
    I just installed Palm's bluetooth patch. Sure enough I get the garbled audio when answering a call while the phone is vibrating. So this is a Palm software issue with the patch.
    Hannip, just out of curiosity, how much power does the TA grab?
    Here is the point: My batt started lasting only 3hrs. Thats right. I was ready to send my device back in. Then as a last ditch effort, I did a hard reset. Since, I have installed only bare minimum, turned the gps to 911 only.... yu know. Batt lasted all day with normal usage and was happy. Started installing one at a time. TA, and batt went dowwn. Mind you, pocket express was even not allowed to update. This is my experience so far and maybe a prob with what else I am using. This is a beta and am reporting. Please, not a nay sayer here. Just feedback.
    What else am I using? Just weather bug which I have set to q 12h updates. Others are medical stuff which have no use for the network. I always use the task mgr to STFU! on all the proggies.
  14.    #274  
    If you get a lot of alerts and you have vibe set on for each the vibe can use up your battery. Other than that there should be very little battery drainage. When the phone is suspended it doesn't do anything. I use it all the time and my battery lasts at least 10 hours and that includes listening to music via A2DP for a few hours.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Neither voice alerts nor voice ID seem to be working with this new build

there is an (S)* to the left of the alerts on the carrier plugin line - is that intended?
    Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w
  16.    #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by paz5559 View Post
    Neither voice alerts nor voice ID seem to be working with this new build
    Working for me. Make sure you select an alert setting that includes reminders.
    (5)=LED & REMINDER & VIBE
    (4)=LED & REMINDER
    (3)=VIBE & REMINDER

The voice alerts are tied to reminders so you have to choose one of the above to get them.

there is an (S)* to the left of the alerts on the carrier plugin line - is that intended?
    Yeah, the number inside the ( ) tells you what alert setting you have. When it's followed by a * it means Voice ID is enabled. If followed by a : then Voice ID is disabled. You can hide this all in the Configuration->Display Configuration->Set to Hide Alert Selection.
  17.    #277  
    60 downloads in 6 hours. Not too bad.
    60 downloads in 6 hours. Not too bad.
    Not too bad?

It's GRRRRRRREAT!

The "Reminder + LED" and "carrier line" display features are great!

One odd issue I've found is that I can turn off Voice Alerts (which I can confirm in "View Current Settings"), but after any reboot (such as after a Sprite Backup or battery swap) Voice Alerts revert to ON. Very odd, and easily repeatable.

I'm curious if anyone can reproduce this, or if it might be a "what did I do to my phone" thing.

Thanks again for this great utility!
  19.    #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by cedar View Post
    Not too bad?

It's GRRRRRRREAT!

The "Reminder + LED" and "carrier line" display features are great!

One odd issue I've found is that I can turn off Voice Alerts (which I can confirm in "View Current Settings"), but after any reboot (such as after a Sprite Backup or battery swap) Voice Alerts revert to ON. Very odd, and easily repeatable.

I'm curious if anyone can reproduce this, or if it might be a "what did I do to my phone" thing.

Thanks again for this great utility!
    Good find! I found the bug. Fix will be in the next beta drop.
    Love this Hannip!!!

I love your new plugin line!

If we could ever get rid of that pesky carrier line app, this app would be out of beta!!