Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    A bit more - the applications are displayed within MemMaid, so it is not a big deal. Thanks for pointing me toward the looking further syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Thank you, most interesting. What I will do though is just to reinstall those applications not displayed, during some experimentation that does work. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    hannip RULES !!!!!!!!!!
  3. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, TA doesn't perform any operations at the point when you press the notification button. Only when you dismiss or when a new alert comes in. Did you dismiss before you notice the lockup?

I'll try it out on my phone a few times to see if it happens for me.

Edit: Tried it several times. Didn't notice any slowness or hangs. when I had a vmail and pressed the missed mail notification the call log would pop right up. I wonder if you have an issue with your call log.
    I have so much crap installed, it could be something else causing it and not TA. If no one else is having similar behavior, I'd buy that.

It usually happen right when I hit the missed calls button to the point where I never get to the call log. I can call the log up normally and I've never noticed a problem when I didn't have a voicemail.
    If anyone wants to get rid of the carrier bar and still have the search function follow these instructions on how to use the windows mobile dial pad instead of the palm one.

When you do this your carrier bar will be gone ( no BT, Wifi, or connection buttons either) and you can still search for contacts from the today screen by just typing.

Seems to be working great so far....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=148000
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Ah, finally someone found the bug I found.

Yeah, I'm working on a fix for that.
    Sweet, glad you found it. I was wondering what the deal was, so I took my phone out to see. Sometimes I thought I may have just not FELT the vibrate, so i'd set it on the counter, and then i'd see it light up. I was texting this girl and knew she'd be firing back, so I was on the lookout. If I hadn't I prob would have never saw the messages until I took my phone out of my pocket and saw the LED.

I sent two so far today and it worked just right. I didnt get a third text back, so I dont know if it would have vibrated or not.

Anyway...look forward to the fix.

Thanks hannip. I'm sure it will be perfect after that fix. For me anyway.
    Edit on the carrier bar

I didn't notice it changes the soft keys from Messages and Menu to Phone and Contacts...

Ill be going back to the other setting unless I can change them backsomehow
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I installed TreoAlerts last night, and while it took me some time to figure out how to configure it, it seems to be working great, thank you very much hannip. I think I may have spotted a small bug, and I don't think I have seen it mentioned here before. I have the timer on, set for 8am to 11pm. Last night, after 11pm, I plugged the device into the wall charger, and the LED did not light up. The charging chime sounded, and the battery did charge, but no LED. Today at work, I have it plugged in, and if there are no notifications, the LED is on solid. Is this a bug?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    I installed TreoAlerts last night, and while it took me some time to figure out how to configure it, it seems to be working great, thank you very much hannip. I think I may have spotted a small bug, and I don't think I have seen it mentioned here before. I have the timer on, set for 8am to 11pm. Last night, after 11pm, I plugged the device into the wall charger, and the LED did not light up. The charging chime sounded, and the battery did charge, but no LED. Today at work, I have it plugged in, and if there are no notifications, the LED is on solid. Is this a bug?
    i noticed the same thing. i dont have timer on. i dont know if its treoalert related or just a palm bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    I can't say I've had that issue. I have the timer on, and charge my phone every night. The LED lights up when plugged into the wall charger, but still will blink when I get an alert (if after 7:00 am when timer kicks back on).
    I use the timer and charge like you guys... no problems....
    Strangely enough my LED has returned to turning red while charging?

I still get the flashing green alerts if an alert goes off. I can clear the alert and it goes back to red until it is charged then it goes to green.

Very strange.

Another thing that may be a bug or may just be a mistake in my setup is that I cant figure out how to turn off the vibrate on certain types of alerts. It seems to be all or nothing.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Strangely enough my LED has returned to turning red while charging?

I still get the flashing green alerts if an alert goes off. I can clear the alert and it goes back to red until it is charged then it goes to green.

Very strange.

Another thing that may be a bug or may just be a mistake in my setup is that I cant figure out how to turn off the vibrate on certain types of alerts. It seems to be all or nothing.
    I don't see the charge light issues either. TA shouldn't mess with that on the 800w. I'll double check. On the 700wx it would take over the charge lights and display red when < 50%, orange > 50% < 100% and green at full charge. But we don't have multicolor support on the 800w yet so I just don't mess with it during charge.

For turning off specific vibes, have you tried selecting vibe style "none"?
  13.    #233  
    Added some pics for beta 12 in the first post of this thread. It should be ready by Saturday night.

The 3rd pic is the new plugin. It shows wifi and bluetooth status and when you select the plugin it brings up the Wireless Manager.
    i've install TA and think its great but when I hav my alarm set off it doesn't ring. before installing TA the alarm would ring. I even tried uninstalling TA and it still doesn't work and seems like even w TA not installed the phone still have the same settings w TA. let me know if im doing something wrong.

thanks
    **edit: removing hijack. moved to here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=169397
    Last edited by rododson; 08/09/2008 at 01:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Has anyone else has TA keep vibrating when there's no alert?
    First hannip thanks for this great addition!
    I have not seen anyone write about this, but I noticed that when receiving a SMS by hitting "dismiss" the message is cleared from new messages (very nice). But, when going into see the messages that message is still in bold. Does anyone else have this? Is there an easy way to make the message no longer in bold?
    Quote Originally Posted by danmbaz View Post
    I have not seen anyone write about this, but I noticed that when receiving a SMS by hitting "dismiss" the message is cleared from new messages (very nice). But, when going into see the messages that message is still in bold. Does anyone else have this? Is there an easy way to make the message no longer in bold?
    Mine does this also. I like it. I want to remove the notification but like it to stay bold so I remember to reply later. So if it is changed I would like it to at least be a preference setting
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by danmbaz View Post
    Yes read it.
  20.    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Mine does this also. I like it. I want to remove the notification but like it to stay bold so I remember to reply later. So if it is changed I would like it to at least be a preference setting
    Yes that's the intention. Dismiss the alert but leave them bold until read.