Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 866
  1.    #201  
    Pretty amazing,

    So little bug reports. Either...
    1) not many installing
    2) not many care about the new vibe styles
    3) not many testing or reporting bugs
    4) everything is working perfectly and are happy as can possibly be.

    Well I've found a few bugs and will fix them in the next drop. Also found a today MS wireless plugin that TreoAlerts can use which is kind of interesting.

    Ok, here are the upcoming changes. Should be available in a few days.

    - Display options for the Carrier plugin will be shortened to fit in the smaller text area on the 800w. I already have most of this coded up and it's working good.

    - New Display options to 1) only show enabled alerts, 2) show ringer switch status when off. These can be added in rotation just like the other predefined display options. I'll post screenshots later.

    - New support for GOOD email and calendar alerts.

    - Adding a 3rd plugin option so you can choose between 1) Carrier plugin, 2) Billboard plugin, 3) MS native carrier plugin with wireless manager access and status. I'll show screenshots later.

    - Bug fixes. I'm increasing the sleep at startup before running TreoAlerts. This seems to make the device more happy when soft resetting. I'm also changing the install to not wipe out previous settings so that you don't have to pick new vibe styles or any other config optoins each time you install a new version. Also after this next build you won't need to uninstall the previous version first. The installer will take care of that.

    If anyone is seeing any other bugs let me know soon or it won't make it into this next drop. As far as the Billboard refresh issues and led colors/blink rates, those are still future tasks which will be very time consuming, so not sure when they will be fixed. That doesn't mean it won't get done, just not in the next few weeks.
  2. tpapa's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Pretty amazing,

    So little bug reports. Either...
    1) not many installing
    2) not many care about the new vibe styles
    3) not many testing or reporting bugs
    4) everything is working perfectly and are happy as can possibly be.

    Well I've found a few bugs and will fix them in the next drop. Also found a today MS wireless plugin that TreoAlerts can use which is kind of interesting.

    Ok, here are the upcoming changes. Should be available in a few days.

    - Display options for the Carrier plugin will be shortened to fit in the smaller text area on the 800w. I already have most of this coded up and it's working good.

    - New Display options to 1) only show enabled alerts, 2) show ringer switch status when off. These can be added in rotation just like the other predefined display options. I'll post screenshots later.

    - New support for GOOD email and calendar alerts.

    - Adding a 3rd plugin option so you can choose between 1) Carrier plugin, 2) Billboard plugin, 3) MS native carrier plugin with wireless manager access and status. I'll show screenshots later.

    - Bug fixes. I'm increasing the sleep at startup before running TreoAlerts. This seems to make the device more happy when soft resetting. I'm also changing the install to not wipe out previous settings so that you don't have to pick new vibe styles or any other config optoins each time you install a new version. Also after this next build you won't need to uninstall the previous version first. The installer will take care of that.

    If anyone is seeing any other bugs let me know soon or it won't make it into this next drop. As far as the Billboard refresh issues and led colors/blink rates, those are still future tasks which will be very time consuming, so not sure when they will be fixed. That doesn't mean it won't get done, just not in the next few weeks.
    Hey - I'm luvin' it. Great little utility....one question related to the carrier plugin area...can an option be set up to remove it completely? I'd like to gain the screen real estate. Also - hopefully the LED colors will be a solveable issue and make it into a near future release!
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpapa View Post
    Hey - I'm luvin' it. Great little utility....one question related to the carrier plugin area...can an option be set up to remove it completely? I'd like to gain the screen real estate. Also - hopefully the LED colors will be a solveable issue and make it into a near future release!
    It can be removed, but you loose the dial lookup feature that Palm provides since they are tied together. Someone still needs to figure out how to hide it without loosing the lookup feature.

    For the LED, if anyone knows the hardware specs and the physical address to write to it that would be a big help. Still looking for someone that is comfortable looking at dissassembled driver code with lots of time on their hands.
  4. #204  
    Its been working great for me so far no bugs
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    Its been working great for me so far no bugs
    Good to hear. I'm actually pretty surprised since it was one of the biggest code changes to the program in a long time.
  6. #206  
    I have a bit of a problem. I did a hard reset yesterday with a restore via SPB Backup - due to some heavy playing. I no longer have ANY applications displayed for removal when I tap on Remove Programs.
  7.    #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I have a bit of a problem. I did a hard reset yesterday with a restore via SPB Backup - due to some heavy playing. I no longer have ANY applications displayed for removal when I tap on Remove Programs.
    This seems to be a recurring issue that is not related to TreoAlerts. If you do a google search you will see this being reported in several places. Dunno if it's a WM6.1 issues or too much playing.

    See if this thread helps.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=365227

    SKTools has a remove programs features. Do your apps show up there? How about from ActiveSync->Tools->Add/Remove Programs...?
  8. #208  
    wouldnt it be easier to allow the "vibrate when ringer switch is on/off" to still be controlled by the ringer settings through windows? the vibrate customization can still be changed through treo alerts. This might make it easier so there arent multiple places to change whether the phone vibrates or not. just a suggestion
  9.    #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    wouldnt it be easier to allow the "vibrate when ringer switch is on/off" to still be controlled by the ringer settings through windows? the vibrate customization can still be changed through treo alerts. This might make it easier so there arent multiple places to change whether the phone vibrates or not. just a suggestion
    The problem with that is that if you use the windows vib settings the OS will make it vibe ( a weak attempt at it ) and interfere with TreoAlerts vibes.
  10. tpapa's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #210  
    [QUOTE=hannip;1478352]It can be removed, but you loose the dial lookup feature that Palm provides since they are tied together. Someone still needs to figure out how to hide it without loosing the lookup feature.

    /QUOTE]

    How about changing it's size to be 1 pixel high?
  11. tpapa's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It can be removed, but you loose the dial lookup feature that Palm provides since they are tied together. Someone still needs to figure out how to hide it without loosing the lookup feature.
    How about changing it's size to be 1 pixel high?
  12.    #212  
    [QUOTE=tpapa;1478393]
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It can be removed, but you loose the dial lookup feature that Palm provides since they are tied together. Someone still needs to figure out how to hide it without loosing the lookup feature.

    /QUOTE]

    How about changing it's size to be 1 pixel high?
    Sounds good. When will you have that available?

    hehe, just teasing. I'm guess I was hoping for some help with that, but if it's not figured out after I have some free time from my other projects I can take a look into it.
  13. tpapa's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #213  
    [QUOTE=hannip;1478395]
    Quote Originally Posted by tpapa View Post

    Sounds good. When will you have that available?

    hehe, just teasing. I'm guess I was hoping for some help with that, but if it's not figured out after I have some free time from my other projects I can take a look into it.
    Yeah... I know I'm asking a lot...but that wasted space has really bugged me since my 700WX. I just thought since you were monkeying around with the contents, that changing the size might be a similar/related change.
  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Dunno about the Theme thing. I'm not sure many would like TA changing their theme when the ringer is off. I could put "Ringer Switch Off" in the display rotation when that is the case.

    Btw, why not use the vibe features that I just added when you have the ringer switch off? You can make some pretty obnoxious vibrate styles to make sure you don't miss anything. It works for Clocks & Alarms and while the phone is ringing also if so configured.
    I'll play w/ the vibe. I use the ringer off switch a lot (meetings, dates, planes). Turn the phone off at night so it makes stopping noises...but want the alarm to go off.

    Any kind of "visual" indication would be great. Maybe change the color/font in the soon to come billboard or carrier line. Just thinking... Thanks for considering it.
  15. #215  
    on occasion i dont get a vibe. seems to be when i am texting back and forth to the same person. i send a text, one comes back, vibes work, reply, comes back, works, reply, comes back but no vibe, but LED still flashes. seems to be sporratic & never with the first one. ill have to play with it more & maybe give a better idea of what text. maybe number 3, 5, or whatever. ill report more later. also have sprint, so i dont know if it makes a difference as in a sprint problem
  16.    #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    on occasion i dont get a vibe. seems to be when i am texting back and forth to the same person. i send a text, one comes back, vibes work, reply, comes back, works, reply, comes back but no vibe, but LED still flashes. seems to be sporratic & never with the first one. ill have to play with it more & maybe give a better idea of what text. maybe number 3, 5, or whatever. ill report more later. also have sprint, so i dont know if it makes a difference as in a sprint problem
    Ah, finally someone found the bug I found.

    Yeah, I'm working on a fix for that.
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    I'll play w/ the vibe. I use the ringer off switch a lot (meetings, dates, planes). Turn the phone off at night so it makes stopping noises...but want the alarm to go off.

    Any kind of "visual" indication would be great. Maybe change the color/font in the soon to come billboard or carrier line. Just thinking... Thanks for considering it.
    Dunno how soon to come the new billboard plugin will happen. If zbop doesn't show up within a few weeks from now I'll have to rewrite it. I can't control the font or color in the carrier plugin.
  18. Cel
    Cel is offline
    Cel's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    on occasion i dont get a vibe. seems to be when i am texting back and forth to the same person. i send a text, one comes back, vibes work, reply, comes back, works, reply, comes back but no vibe, but LED still flashes. seems to be sporratic & never with the first one. ill have to play with it more & maybe give a better idea of what text. maybe number 3, 5, or whatever. ill report more later. also have sprint, so i dont know if it makes a difference as in a sprint problem
    I noticed this today. I didn't attribute it to TA and thought it was a network flub...

    I think TA might be locking up my phone with the VM alert. If I have a VM and the today plug in is going then if my notification soft button is set to show anything besides the VM (i.e. the missed call would come up first,) when I hit the notification button the phone locks up. It's happened a few times now and I've only been able to fix it by pulling the battery.
  19. #219  
    Thank you, most interesting. What I will do though is just to reinstall those applications not displayed, during some experimentation that does work. Thanks again.

    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    This seems to be a recurring issue that is not related to TreoAlerts. If you do a google search you will see this being reported in several places. Dunno if it's a WM6.1 issues or too much playing.

    See if this thread helps.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=365227

    SKTools has a remove programs features. Do your apps show up there? How about from ActiveSync->Tools->Add/Remove Programs...?
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I noticed this today. I didn't attribute it to TA and thought it was a network flub...

    I think TA might be locking up my phone with the VM alert. If I have a VM and the today plug in is going then if my notification soft button is set to show anything besides the VM (i.e. the missed call would come up first,) when I hit the notification button the phone locks up. It's happened a few times now and I've only been able to fix it by pulling the battery.
    hmm, TA doesn't perform any operations at the point when you press the notification button. Only when you dismiss or when a new alert comes in. Did you dismiss before you notice the lockup?

    I'll try it out on my phone a few times to see if it happens for me.

    Edit: Tried it several times. Didn't notice any slowness or hangs. when I had a vmail and pressed the missed mail notification the call log would pop right up. I wonder if you have an issue with your call log.
    Last edited by hannip; 08/07/2008 at 12:09 AM.

Posting Permissions