Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    If Good uses the OS's Sounds & Notifications it should be a fairly simple change to support it in TA. When you get an email or calendar reminder do you get a standard notification alert off of your left soft button? Do you get a little icon up at the top of the screen?

Here's what I need you to do. When you get an email or calendar event don't dismiss it. Use a registry editor and look up the value here:
    HKLM\System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active\CLSID

Copy and past the values and post them here. They should look similar to these:
    RemindGuid = "{15F11F90-8A5F-454C-89FC-BA9B7AAB0CAD}";
    SmsGuidPalm = "{283E0018-E5C9-44E4-9864-4C4A3DED3BC3}";
    SmsGuidPout = "{A877D65B-239C-47A7-9304-0D347F580408}";
    EmailGuidPout = "{A877D65A-239C-47A7-9304-0D347F580408}";
    EmailGuidFlex = "{1B70F4A6-F103-40A1-82EC-45CC19E46889}";
    MCallGuid = "{A877D660-239C-47A7-9304-0D347F580408}";
    VMailGuid = "{A877D661-239C-47A7-9304-0D347F580408}";

btw, these are the GUID's that TreoAlerts currently supports.

Ok
    The calendar leaves a little bell up at the top...seems like the typical notification. Get the softmenu button etc.
    The email generates a small "good" icon (similar to what sprite backup does..a small sprite icon in the upper bar)

I just created an email and a calendar alert. CLSID is a key not a folder. under the same folder: hklm\system\state\shell\notification\active is clsid and ID
    That is all.
    Okay, so I have a weird problem... The vibe and LED settings are reversed! When I do a test on the vibe page, the LED blinks once. I have mostly default settings, and when I get a new email, the LED blinks once, but then it vibrates over and over again, every five seconds or so. I have the interval set to five minutes.
    Im trying to install to a wm6 treo700wx and it just says unsuccessful?? any ideas how i can find out why? thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    Im trying to install to a wm6 treo700wx and it just says unsuccessful?? any ideas how i can find out why? thx.
    Try not saving the install file to the storage card but instead store it directly on the phone. That worked for me.
    that worked for me too zelet. truly weird i save everything to the card and install from there, including previous versions of treo alert pro..

thank you.
    Last edited by flipfone; 08/04/2008 at 10:46 PM.
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Jack View Post
    Okay, so I have a weird problem... The vibe and LED settings are reversed! When I do a test on the vibe page, the LED blinks once. I have mostly default settings, and when I get a new email, the LED blinks once, but then it vibrates over and over again, every five seconds or so. I have the interval set to five minutes.
    You're the one using a preproduction 800w right? It's not recognizing your device as an 800w. Look up these 2 register values and post them please.

HKLM|Software\Palm\Version|SoftwareVersionString
    HKLM|Drivers\USB\FunctionDrivers\Serial_Class|Product
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron C View Post
    Ok
    The calendar leaves a little bell up at the top...seems like the typical notification. Get the softmenu button etc.
    The email generates a small "good" icon (similar to what sprite backup does..a small sprite icon in the upper bar)

I just created an email and a calendar alert. CLSID is a key not a folder. under the same folder: hklm\system\state\shell\notification\active is clsid and ID
    That is all.
    Please post the values for clsid and id when you have a notification active for good email and calendar alerts. Normally under the active folder it is empty so the fact that there is a clsid and id there means there should be values for each.
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    that worked for me too zelet. truly weird i save everything to the card and install from there, including previous versions of treo alert pro..

thank you.
    I've had that "save" issue with the last two versions of TreoAlert but not other applications.
    You're the one using a preproduction 800w right? It's not recognizing your device as an 800w. Look up these 2 register values and post them please.

HKLM|Software\Palm\Version|SoftwareVersionString
    HKLM|Drivers\USB\FunctionDrivers\Serial_Class|Product
    Yes, that's correct.

SofwareVersionString = Treo800w-15117/103800w-SPNT800w
    Product = Treo

Edit: I'll also say thanks - I was using beta 8 on this for about six weeks before installing 11, and it's the only way I haven't gone crazy missing SMS and emails.
    Thanks. Can't wait to try beta 11.

Got an idea for a possible addition to TA. Has this ever happened to anyone:

Late for work, because the alarm didn't go off? Or didn't hear the phone ring? Or missed that important txt?

All because of operator error.... THE RINGER SWITCH was in silent mode.

So here's the idea: Can u add a mort that will sense the status of the ringer switch, and do something to the display that's a dead give away. Maybe change the theme to something obnoxious... or a simple huge sound icon with a red x across it. When the ringer switch goes back to normal, the display theme goes back to the original.

What'd ya thing? Doable?

Thanks.
  11.    #191  
    Yes, that's correct.

SofwareVersionString = Treo800w-15117/103800w-SPNT800w
    Product = Treo

Edit: I'll also say thanks - I was using beta 8 on this for about six weeks before installing 11, and it's the only way I haven't gone crazy missing SMS and emails.
    Interesting. That should be found by my device check. Take a look at the registry value for HKLM|Software\Mort's MortScript|Device. Does it have "Sprint Treo 800w" or "Unknown"?

If it has "Sprint Treo 800w" then your device works differently than the rest. If it's "Unknown" then I have a bug in my device check script which I need to fix and you can just edit that value in the meantime.
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Thanks. Can't wait to try beta 11.

Got an idea for a possible addition to TA. Has this ever happened to anyone:

Late for work, because the alarm didn't go off? Or didn't hear the phone ring? Or missed that important txt?

All because of operator error.... THE RINGER SWITCH was in silent mode.

So here's the idea: Can u add a mort that will sense the status of the ringer switch, and do something to the display that's a dead give away. Maybe change the theme to something obnoxious... or a simple huge sound icon with a red x across it. When the ringer switch goes back to normal, the display theme goes back to the original.

What'd ya thing? Doable?

Thanks.
    Dunno about the Theme thing. I'm not sure many would like TA changing their theme when the ringer is off. I could put "Ringer Switch Off" in the display rotation when that is the case.

Btw, why not use the vibe features that I just added when you have the ringer switch off? You can make some pretty obnoxious vibrate styles to make sure you don't miss anything. It works for Clocks & Alarms and while the phone is ringing also if so configured.
    Interesting. That should be found by my device check. Take a look at the registry value for HKLM|Software\Mort's MortScript|Device. Does it have "Sprint Treo 800w" or "Unknown"?

If it has "Sprint Treo 800w" then your device works differently than the rest. If it's "Unknown" then I have a bug in my device check script which I need to fix and you can just edit that value in the meantime.
    It was "Unknown". I changed it to Sprint Treo 800w and the vibe works again. Is there any way to test the LED? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Please post the values for clsid and id when you have a notification active for good email and calendar alerts. Normally under the active folder it is empty so the fact that there is a clsid and id there means there should be values for each.
    Here is the values for when both a good email and a good calendar alert are present.
    -------
    clsid
    {3302EE0C-8D72-47EA-A8D3-5D43D7467C48}

id
  15.    #195  
    It was "Unknown". I changed it to Sprint Treo 800w and the vibe works again. Is there any way to test the LED? Thanks!
    Ok, so I'll figure out why my device check is broke for you and put it in the next drop. To test the LED just set up an alarm for one minute in the future or have someone send you a text message or call yourself and leave a voice message.
  16.    #196  
    Here is the values for when both a good email and a good calendar alert are present.
    -------
    clsid

id
    hmm, are you sure it's the same clsid for both email and calendar? It could be a 1 number difference. If it's the same I'll need for you to dig a little further. When the calendar and email alerts are active check what is under the following folder.

HKLM|System\State\Shell\Notifications\{3302EE0C-8D72-47EA-A8D3-5D43D7467C48}

list all names and values

Thx.

Edit: check the names and values under the following conditions:
    - Only calendar alert active
    - Only email alert active
    - Both calendar and email alerts active
    Last edited by hannip; 08/05/2008 at 11:41 AM.
    Ok, so I'll figure out why my device check is broke for you and put it in the next drop. To test the LED just set up an alarm for one minute in the future or have someone send you a text message or call yourself and leave a voice message.
    Well, since it's working with just a reg change it's not a big deal. Better than the phone working differently! I just thought that since there was a test for the vibe, there might be one for the LED as well. I figured I could SMS myself
  18.    #198  
    Well, since it's working with just a reg change it's not a big deal. Better than the phone working differently! I just thought that since there was a test for the vibe, there might be one for the LED as well. I figured I could SMS myself
    Yeah, guess it would be nice to have a test in the LED settings like I have for vibe settings.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    hmm, are you sure it's the same clsid for both email and calendar? It could be a 1 number difference. If it's the same I'll need for you to dig a little further. When the calendar and email alerts are active check what is under the following folder.

list all names and values

Thx.

Edit: check the names and values under the following conditions:
    - Only calendar alert active
    - Only email alert active
    - Both calendar and email alerts active
    Ok here is the info you asked for when both are active:

1032 folder
    TodaySK=Notification

or read this way:
    HKLM|System\State\Shell\Notifications\{3302EE0C-8D72-47EA-A8D3-5D43D7467C48}\1032
    TodaySK=Notification

What is weird is that I went back to check the CLSID. With no alerts, I set a calendar and a email. I get

If i clear the email alert (leaving only calendar) it stays the same:
    {15F11F90-8A5F-454C-89FC-BA9B7AAB0CAD}
    If I clear both and send only email it goes to:
    I then cleared that email and do another calendar I stay the same:
    clear everything again.

email only alert:
    clear everything
    calendar only:
    {15F11F90-8A5F-454C-89FC-BA9B7AAB0CAD}
    add email alert to the calendar:

Looks like the 3302 code is when you have email and calendar or email alone
    the 15f1 is for only calendar.
    I would have expected 3, since there is no way to know if the 3302 is due to email, or email AND calendar.

Hope this helps
  20.    #200  

Looks like the 3302 code is when you have email and calendar or email alone
    the 15f1 is for only calendar.
    I would have expected 3, since there is no way to know if the 3302 is due to email, or email AND calendar.

Hope this helps
    Thx, yes this is very helpful. Just a few more things to clarify. You do know that you have to go up out of the folder and then reopen it (or refresh if your reg editor supports it) to see any updates right? I'm wondering if that's why you see the same value sometimes. Can you recheck just to verify? If the same CLSID is indeed used when both an email and calendar event are active can you see if the TodaySK value changes in each case?

I know it seems like a pain, but once I know all of the cases we can get this to work the right way.