Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I wrote a mini review on this device here. I REALLY love the clarity and how well the bluetooth holds, especially considering it's a wireless FM transmitter. This is a perfect combination with the 800w; I'm shocked at how well it works...

Additional quick information:

1. It's under $150; Best Buy had it for $129. You can probably find it cheaper on Amazon.
    2. It's small and light and stays out of the way.
    3. It's amazing!
    Last edited by lawilson2; 07/15/2008 at 03:10 PM.
    exactly what I was looking for - will check it out!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Ordering one as soon as I get into work. Thanks
  4. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Thanks for the thoughts. I too will probably buy one and try it out. One question, how do you charge it? Just take it out of your car and plug it in? Do you need to remember to turn it off?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts. I too will probably buy one and try it out. One question, how do you charge it? Just take it out of your car and plug it in? Do you need to remember to turn it off?
    Two ways to charge it:

1. It comes with a car charger.

2. You can hook it up to a mini usb cable (not included) to your computer.

I prefer the latter because my phone is charging while in my car and I only have one lighter port. It charges very fast and even on heavy use, it lasts over a week. I plan to take it in the house once a week for a charge anyway.

Edit: I added a pic of it at the top; sorry I didn't do that before.
    check to see if your rear view mirror is powered (homelink garage door opener, dimmer, compass, etc). this company makes cords that splice into the power. I know they are starting to look at usb connectors for GPS units, so if that does work, this may be a possible solution so that the device will always receive power.

http://www.stealthcords.com/
  7.    #7  
    Sounds like a good idea. I did a similar thing for my Garmin Nuvi 660. I took it into an alarm place while my alarm was being installed and had them install the adapter internally so I wouldn't need the lighter charger. The garmin base sticks permanently to my dashboard and when I connect it, instant power. Very nice.
    Wow. Great timing. I was just beginning to look into a replacement head unit for my vehicle that was bluetooth enabled and wasn't too excited about the prospect of trying to fit something in its custom size.

This looks to be a far better idea.
  9.    #9  
    I'm glad it may help you. It has made my driving experience more enjoyable for sure.
    how does it work with voice command? Also, can you stream music in stereo thru the FM Modulator?

Thanks
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by B&W700guy View Post
    how does it work with voice command? Also, can you stream music in stereo thru the FM Modulator?

Thanks
    Streaming music is the main highlight of the device as mentioned in the article linked at post #1; it does it near perfectly.

If you have a phone that has voice command over bluetooth working properly then sure, no problem. I believe the family of Treos don't have this ability.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    how does it work with voice command?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    If you have a phone that has voice command over bluetooth working properly then sure, no problem. I believe the family of Treos don't have this ability.
    I've heard that car kits dont use the same bluetooth profile as headsets. That profile usually doesn't seem to be a problem. The 800w and voice commands will probably work with it. How about checking out for certain and letting us know. Another user in Voice Command Bluetooth thread that his worked. Thanks.
    Last edited by 1PTUser; 07/15/2008 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Hit post instead of review.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post

Sorry...don't you have an 800w?
  14.    #14  
    Sorry...don't you have an 800w?
    Voice commands aren't working thru bluetooth for me. Also, I can't even find voice speed dial that the Mogul had.
    Thanks for the info
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Just bought this. It is a little ticky tacky at first finding a suitable radio station, but it eventually found a good one. Once it did, I set it as a preset, and the reception was great. The hands free wasn't so bad either.
    Looks sweet. Does all the audio come out through the T505? I'm curious on how well it work with nav software, like TomTom or Garmin.
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Looks sweet. Does all the audio come out through the T505? I'm curious on how well it work with nav software, like TomTom or Garmin.
    You can choose to have the audio routed through the T505, or your car stereo. I chose the latter, because that is what I bought it for. It is am incredible piece of tech. Thanks La for the heads up on this product.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    You can choose to have the audio routed through the T505, or your car stereo. I chose the latter, because that is what I bought it for. It is am incredible piece of tech. Thanks La for the heads up on this product.
    Thanks, so basically all the audio goes through either the T505 or car stereo? Since you hear those pops/clicks when making a menu selection on the 800w, do you hear that on the T505/stereo as well? I'm planning to order one as well, but mostly to use with Garmin or TomTom, since the volume on the 800w sucks and I often miss the street that I'm supposed to turn on, since I couldn't really hear it that well.

NewEgg sells it for $86.99. I found other places, via Google, but I'm not familiar of some of the online stores. I've ordered from NewEgg and LOVE their customer support.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I just bought a T505 at Best Buy (open box), paired it with my Treo 700p, and am having the following two problems:

- while driving, the device will drop the Bluetooth connection to my phone on a fairly regular basis. The device will announce that the connection has been lost. Sometimes it automatically re-connects; other times it does not. I had a T305 and it never did this...

- I received a call and the device announced the wrong caller ID - it actually announced the ID of the PREVIOUS call. A little while later I got a third incoming call and, again, it announced the original number from earlier in the morning. It's as if it only stored one incoming number and that info never gets updated...

I called Motorola and it was a nightmare - no help at all. I tried re-pairing the phone, but it made no difference. They suggested that I swap out the device, which I couldn't do since it was the only one that Best Buy had. They were no help at all in terms of determining if this was a compatibility with the 700p, or an issue with the device, etc.

I downloaded Softick Audio Gateway, as I read in a forum that someone who was having the dropped connection issue with a 700p seemed to have solved it by installing and enabling SAG. Unfortunately, it made no difference - my Bluetooth connection still gets dropped fairly regularly. As a side note, I figured that with SAG installed, I should be able to stream MP3s via Pocket Tunes, but it would only come out of my Treo's speaker - I couldn't get the music to stream to the T505 and, in turn, couldn't get to to stream from the T505 to FM via the FM transmitter.

Any thoughts?

reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast