Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    It doesn't help. If you read that thread, it says over and over that they were unable to correct the BT initial volume reset problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    It doesn't help. If you read that thread, it says over and over that they were unable to correct the BT initial volume reset problem.
    Yea I know, but it does help a little. As was noted, it provides a slight increase. The BT call volume issue is not something anyone has been able to fully correct. Low BT call volume an issue many with WM devices are complaining about. Here's another and another. For us, we can get higher volume, but need to manually turn it up, which is better than some others. Some others have low volume even when turning it up and are having trouble finding a fix. Although of course we all want it fully fixed.

I tried using the T505 for calls today instead of my Moto H680 headset. It worked pretty well. Sure the volume needs to be turned up, but the T505 volume buttons are right over my head and the Treo 800w when in my car is right in front of me. I've got to press a button to accept the call, so sliding a finger over to up volume is not a big deal. It's easier to hit the call button on my T505 than trying to find my H680 down in my car's cup holder . I may have to start getting used to the T505 for calls in the car. I was surprised the person I was talking to did not tell me I sounded like I was in a fish bowl, which is usually what I'm told when using speakerphones in the car. So the T505 for calls works pretty good.
    Here's something that should help Moto T505 users that need good (as in good for use with an FM transmitter) FM stations to use in conjunction with the device. It's directed to the IPhone crowd, but is something good for us too:
    Find the Best FM Transmitter Frequency with your IPhone
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I dont want to highjack this thread but have any t505 users tried the Jabra sp700 reviewed Here? how does it compare with the t505? I'm trying to decide which to get.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    I dont want to highjack this thread but have any t505 users tried the Jabra sp700 reviewed Here? how does it compare with the t505? I'm trying to decide which to get.
    One glowing plus I see for the Moto T505, that the Jabra sp700 does not have, is "AVRCP" (a.k.a. Bluetooth remote control). With my Moto T505, when using software that supports AVRCP, I can press the volume up and down buttons to change tracks when music is playing. I can also press a button on the Moto T505 to pause or resume the music, the Jabra sp700 does not support this at all from my read of the Jabra sp700 manual. And even if the Jabra sp700 does support AVRCP in a future update, the Jabra sp700 does not have a "Play/Pause" button/hardkey. So even if the Jabra sp700 supported AVRCP, there would not be a "Play/Pause" feature on it.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    One glowing plus I see for the Moto T505, that the Jabra sp700 does not have, is "AVRCP" (a.k.a. Bluetooth remote control). With my Moto T505, when using software that supports AVRCP, I can press the volume up and down buttons to change tracks when music is playing. I can also press a button on the Moto T505 to pause or resume the music, the Jabra sp700 does not support this at all from my read of the Jabra sp700 manual. And even if the Jabra sp700 does support AVRCP in a future update, the Jabra sp700 does not have a "Play/Pause" button/hardkey. So even if the Jabra sp700 supported AVRCP, there would not be a "Play/Pause" feature on it.
    Thats good stuff. I think i'm sold. Them only thing I could really find on the sp700 that looked more appealing than the t505 was its ability to auto scan for the best station to choose but i dont think this makes up for the lack of Avrcp support. Thanks darnell!

Edit...just re-read both reviews and the t505 does what i thought the sp700 did. that seals the deal. I really need to keep my review reading straight!
    Last edited by ehehat; 10/18/2008 at 06:16 PM.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    ehehat - As a Moto T505 owner, I would not claim the T505 finds the "best" station on its own. Which is why I posted my previous comment.

What the T505 does, is that it gives you a station to start with, that is usable, it never picks a flat out awful station frequency on its own. But whatever it picks may not be the "best" for the area. I've found that finding the "best" takes a lot of time and many presses of the button to get a new station. The station recommended to me by DLO works way better than some others I've tried and it took many presses of the frequency search button for my Moto T505 to agree with me . Basically, with each press of the FM tuner button, it goes up a few on the dial and finds another usable one, but that does not make it the best. Sometimes it will run past what I feel is a "best" and I'll have to keep pressing till it gives it.

Bottom line is, the Moto T505 won't give you a flat out terrible frequency, but it won't necessarily find the best on its own with a single click of the FM tuner button.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Thanks again darnell. I have bookmarked this page in both my laptop and skyfire just to be ready.....now to find the best deal.....
    Thanks again darnell. I have bookmarked this page in both my laptop and skyfire just to be ready.....now to find the best deal.....
    These things are getting cheaper by the week on ebay....saw one for $65.00 (plus shipping) and there are a couple lots of 2 on ebay that I am looking at so I can put one in each car. I'm trying to hold out for $50.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    just ordered one from amazon for $59.99 with free two-day shipping!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Just got this today...AMAZING!!! This is absolutely the COOLEST $60.00 I have ever spent!
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anubisni View Post
    Please be aware that the audio quality into your car stereo from the MotoRokr T505 is NOT good!! There is annoying static noise, it doesn't sound that bad but it's not perfect. Make sure you buy it from somewhere that accepts returns, because if you use this for in car music from your 800w you will be disappointed. Don't make the same mistake I did!!
    I don't think you set your station correctly. Sounds like you are getting bleed over from other stations.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    So I'm going to keep using the T505 speaker when on GPS. I can always hear the turns very clearly when using the T505 speaker and just using the car stereo to play music apart from the T505.
    How do you set it up like this?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    How do you set it up like this?
    I think he's listening to his car stereo, not the Treo.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I think he's listening to his car stereo, not the Treo.
    My qusteion was more to the point of, how did he get the GPS instruction to come out of the T505, while having the music routed through the car speakers. I have a T505, I just don't know how to split the audio like he did.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    My qusteion was more to the point of, how did he get the GPS instruction to come out of the T505, while having the music routed through the car speakers. I have a T505, I just don't know how to split the audio like he did.
    you cant split the sound. he's putting the gps audio through the t505 and listening to music through a regular radio station.
    you cant split the sound. he's putting the gps audio through the t505 and listening to music through a regular radio station.
    Correct.

If I need to clearly hear the turns given by the GPS, I do the GPS audio over the Moto T505 and just play AM/FM radio in the car's audio system or CDs.

If I've got the GPS on for general directional information, but don't feel I need to hear every turn mentioned clearly (like if I'm on the open highway and can look at the device quickly, to check way ahead of time which way it's saying to go or whatever), then I'll listen to music off my Treo, along with the GPS going all in my car's stereo.
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Ah, that makes sense now, I was wondering.
    I've been doing various testing, to see what programs might conflict with Kinoma Play. Because I was having issues when Kinoma was playing music and a call might come in or I'd make an outgoing call. After the call the device always seemed to either lock up till I turned off the Moto T505 or other odd things would occur.

On my own device, I'm basically slowly re-adding programs after an RTN Reset and noticing that since I added WM6 A2DP settings back I'm having issues when Kinoma is playing music, if a call comes in or I make an outgoing call without stopping Kinoma from playing.

So I'm wondering, is anyone else who has a Moto T505 using Kinoma Play and WM6 A2DP settings? If so, do you ever have issues if music is playing from the storage card (I use MP3s) and a call comes in or you make an outgoing call? After the call, do things always smoothly go back to your music playing again?

(In WM6 A2DP settings I used the "Self Adjusting" option.)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123