Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Please be aware that the audio quality into your car stereo from the MotoRokr T505 is NOT good!! There is annoying static noise, it doesn't sound that bad but it's not perfect. Make sure you buy it from somewhere that accepts returns, because if you use this for in car music from your 800w you will be disappointed. Don't make the same mistake I did!!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anubisni View Post
    Please be aware that the audio quality into your car stereo from the MotoRokr T505 is NOT good!! There is annoying static noise, it doesn't sound that bad but it's not perfect. Make sure you buy it from somewhere that accepts returns, because if you use this for in car music from your 800w you will be disappointed. Don't make the same mistake I did!!
    Wow! This is now three thread I've counted where you make the same comment. I believe your personal experience with the T505 is bad, but I do not have the same experience. Mine works great without static.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Sweet, this will probably save me from getting a ticket while driving and using my cell.
    I have to say I had the same experience as anubisni. I guess my FM antenna in my Element is just too far away from the front. For me, no matter which frequency it selected, the signal was noisy and nowhere near full quieting. It was like listening to an FM station that was going out of range. I took it back to the store and got my money back. Too bad, it looked like an excellent solution.
    Ok, not trying to be a smart *** here... but why would you want to stream FM through it anyways? or more importantly, why would I if I already have an ipod and satellite radio... am I missing something here? It seems like the speakerphone aspect is 99.9% of the reason to buy it and the ability to stream radio would just be an interesting side item
    Listening to streamed stations is free. You just need software, like Pocket Tunes or Kinoma Play, to listen to them. I believe XM requires a subscription.

Plus many local stations stream their broadcasts, so you can listen to them wherever you are.
    Lawilson2, Thanks for the heads-up!
    I was looking for a solution to listen to my audio books while in the car. I wanted to be able to charge my phone at the same time. This unit works great for that.

That being the case, I can see where this unit, depending on the area (# of FM stations) and the vehicle antenna configuration (I can see where diversity systems could be more of a problem), my not be optimal for everyone.

This site is pretty cool. It shows the best frequencies to use for a given zip code: http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/vacant
    Amazon and Newegg are now selling the Moto T505 for under $85.

I'm trying to configure the ultimate GPS configuration with the Treo 800w.

I figure a ProClip mount and holder, plus the Moto T505 would be nice together. But that would do away with the radio while GPS was being used if I wanted to hear GPS. In the car, I'm not sure of another good way to amplify the Treo's sound while it's in a holder with the speaker facing away from me.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Amazon and Newegg are now selling the Moto T505 for under $85.

I'm trying to configure the ultimate GPS configuration with the Treo 800w.

I figure a ProClip mount and holder, plus the Moto T505 would be nice together. But that would do away with the radio while GPS was being used if I wanted to hear GPS. In the car, I'm not sure of another good way to amplify the Treo's sound while it's in a holder with the speaker facing away from me.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.
    I'm not sure where you're going with this but you can play media AND GPS software on the Treo at the same time and adjust the volume of one app or the other to get the right volume levels. I did this the last time I took a long road trip and had both GPS and music going with no problem.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I'm not sure where you're going with this but you can play media AND GPS software on the Treo at the same time and adjust the volume of one app or the other to get the right volume levels. I did this the last time I took a long road trip and had both GPS and music going with no problem.
    A related question. I use Sprint Telenav and PocketTunes for music. Is it possible for PocketTunes volume to go zero dynamically whenever Telenav gives a voice instruction i.e. Sprint Telenav voice should override PocketTunes music.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Voice commands aren't working thru bluetooth for me. Also, I can't even find voice speed dial that the Mogul had.
    Voice command works for me over bluetooth with my Treo 800w.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reubkov View Post
    I just bought a T505 at Best Buy (open box), paired it with my Treo 700p, and am having the following two problems:

- while driving, the device will drop the Bluetooth connection to my phone on a fairly regular basis. The device will announce that the connection has been lost. Sometimes it automatically re-connects; other times it does not. I had a T305 and it never did this...

- I received a call and the device announced the wrong caller ID - it actually announced the ID of the PREVIOUS call. A little while later I got a third incoming call and, again, it announced the original number from earlier in the morning. It's as if it only stored one incoming number and that info never gets updated...

I called Motorola and it was a nightmare - no help at all. I tried re-pairing the phone, but it made no difference. They suggested that I swap out the device, which I couldn't do since it was the only one that Best Buy had. They were no help at all in terms of determining if this was a compatibility with the 700p, or an issue with the device, etc.

I downloaded Softick Audio Gateway, as I read in a forum that someone who was having the dropped connection issue with a 700p seemed to have solved it by installing and enabling SAG. Unfortunately, it made no difference - my Bluetooth connection still gets dropped fairly regularly. As a side note, I figured that with SAG installed, I should be able to stream MP3s via Pocket Tunes, but it would only come out of my Treo's speaker - I couldn't get the music to stream to the T505 and, in turn, couldn't get to to stream from the T505 to FM via the FM transmitter.

Any thoughts?

The T505 would drop connections as you describe with my old 755p. As well, the T305 never had that problem with my 755p.

I do not have any such problem with the Treo800w however.

I really like my T505, it really works well and solves the low volume problem on the Treo 800w (just turn up the radio )
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I was talking about terrestrial AM/FM radio when I mentioned using the Moto T505 would do away with the radio when running GPS .

Really I just want to amplify the GPS voice sound.
    Does 't the T-505 have a speaker? If so, you could just use the speaker when you're using the GPS and just use your radion to listen to your local stations. This is assuming that the voice prompting will xmit over BT.
    I was talking about terrestrial AM/FM radio when I mentioned using the Moto T505 would do away with the radio when running GPS .

Really I just want to amplify the GPS voice sound.
    Ah... Well there's a nice site that lets you stream many radio stations over the Internet... ;-)

Other then that option, you are correct. Radio would go away.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Does 't the T-505 have a speaker? If so, you could just use the speaker when you're using the GPS and just use your radion to listen to your local stations. This is assuming that the voice prompting will xmit over BT.
    Thank you CE!

I was just checking out this T505 quick start guide and you're right. It has a speaker. It plays all other sound being sent to it from Treos, so I'm sure the Sprint Navigation voice commands will be audible from it's speaker.

If this thing had a 3.5mm jack...but hey, they had to leave out something for the next version .

I assume it uses a lithium ion battery? Might be nice for use in the car, but probably not something to be left in the car on a hot day.
    OK, I got the ProClip and the T505 and it's all working out nicely. The T505 speaker gives me the option of doing audio for things like GPS via its built in speaker while using the car's radio for other things and the T505 speaker is pretty loud. I also get to use the T505 to connect to the car's radio and play music, Sprint TV audio, video audio and so on.

This really does up the game a few notches for the Treo 800w. Because the Treo can act as a full range media player, broadcasting the audio in the car. Plus the options for taking calls, although I like my Moto H680 (BT headset) for voice calls, I'm just not a speakerphone fan. But now with the T505, the Treo 800w has become MUCH more useful.

Thanks for mentioning this lawilson2. The T505 is a good product indeed .
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Plus the options for taking calls, although I like my Moto H680 (BT headset) for voice calls, I'm just not a speakerphone fan. But now with the T505, the Treo 800w has become MUCH more useful.
    Yes and no. The T505 suffers from the BT initial volume problem, meaning that you have to increase the volume every time you make or receive a call. That makes it much less useful as a speakerphone for voice calls. I wonder if just using the 800w as a speakerphone is more useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Yes and no. The T505 suffers from the BT initial volume problem, meaning that you have to increase the volume every time you make or receive a call. That makes it much less useful as a speakerphone for voice calls. I wonder if just using the 800w as a speakerphone is more useful.
    Well when I said much more useful, I was speaking in terms of my full statement (including my statement that the T505 enables the Treo 800w to be a more full range media player for the car) and not just the portion you cited regarding speakerphones.

OK, I got the ProClip and the T505 and it's all working out nicely. The T505 speaker gives me the option of doing audio for things like GPS via its built in speaker while using the car's radio for other things and the T505 speaker is pretty loud. I also get to use the T505 to connect to the car's radio and play music, Sprint TV audio, video audio and so on.

This really does up the game a few notches for the Treo 800w. Because the Treo can act as a full range media player, broadcasting the audio in the car. Plus the options for taking calls, although I like my Moto H680 (BT headset) for voice calls, I'm just not a speakerphone fan. But now with the T505, the Treo 800w has become MUCH more useful.
    I'm used to increasing the volume during BT calls. The way I've got things setup, if I want to use the T505 for a call, increasing the volume is easy to do. This may help you with the volume during BT calls.

The initial BT call volume issue is not solely a Treo 800w issue. Lots of WM smart phone users have the same complaint.
    I've found when using the T505 to play music through the car's stereo system from the Treo 800w and using Sprint Navigation at the same time, the Sprint Navigation voice did not seem to be jumbled with the music very much. It seemed the Sprint Navigation voice being from a separate application gave it a good distinct sound. But with it all coming through the same speakers, every once in a while I was not sure if the voice was saying turn left or right . So I'm going to keep using the T505 speaker when on GPS. I can always hear the turns very clearly when using the T505 speaker and just using the car stereo to play music apart from the T505.

If I'm in an area or a point during a drive where I don't have to make make sure I hear navigation speaking about turns, then I might do music and navigation all through the stereo.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast