Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Anyone install the leaked Opera Mobile 9.5 and how does it work? I am really hoping the new beta will work great on the 800.. If not I may have to hold off. Any advise/reviews (I assume we will see a lot more on Thursday) would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheifsfan View Post
    Anyone install the leaked Opera Mobile 9.5 and how does it work? I am really hoping the new beta will work great on the 800.. If not I may have to hold off. Any advise/reviews (I assume we will see a lot more on Thursday) would be appreciated.
    It works great, but it does have a keyboard issue, probably because I have a version that was meant for the Diamond which has no keyboard.

The issue is that when typing in the address bar, a virtual keyboard shows up (which is fine), but after a few seconds the virtual keyboard disappears and you are no longer able to type with the hardware keyboard either. You have to bring back up the address bar to continue typing the address everytime. A solution to this would be to disable automatic full screen mode, but I have found that very inconvenient.
    Last edited by tli415; 07/14/2008 at 11:45 PM.