Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ok I can totally see why Verizon doesn't seem to come out with these things first. Let Sprint take all the pain up front and get the initial launch problems out of the way.

BUT I would give just about anything for the Sprint model to come out! You lucky bastards are killing me ya know
    Hello, God here....

Go to the nearest Sprint store, sign up for service and get a new Sprint 800w.....

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Hello, God here....

Go to the nearest Sprint store, sign up for service and get a new Sprint 800w.....

I did Sprint once. i didn't enjoy the experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schump939 View Post
    I did Sprint once. i didn't enjoy the experience.
    You pay more for the privilege of using the best network in continental US.

Hey, maybe you could ask Verizon on their open network now?
    I was a sprint customer, left, and then came back. A lot has changed in the last few years, in my opinion. I am on the "Simply Everything Plan" for $99, which I think is a bargain - for all you get. Verizon definitely wasn't bad, but in my opinion, more now than ever, your money goes further with Sprint. I'd give them another shot.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    You pay more for the privilege of using the best network in continental US.

Hey, maybe you could ask Verizon on their open network now?
    I have had no problems with Verizon from a customer service standpoint. They have taken care of me quite nicely unlike sprint. I have no problems with coverage unlike when I was with sprint. I see no reason to move away from Verizon.

I may have to wait a bit but I'll be happier.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ok I can totally see why Verizon doesn't seem to come out with these things first. Let Sprint take all the pain up front and get the initial launch problems out of the way.

BUT I would give just about anything for the Sprint model to come out! You lucky bastards are killing me ya know
    The Sprint model IS out.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    You guys get all cool phones first. Let us have our victory with the Treo...geez.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    My bad, I meant the Verizon model. See I'm totally distraught lol
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    i will never go back to verizon again. They just rob you, cripple your phones, and you know what your network aint worth 300% over what i pay sprint. Besides when needed i roam on verizon anyway
    Complete phone addict. Been on every carrier multiple times, paid enough in ETF's to buy a car :P
    ----------------------
    Now on: 2 phones share, 1000 minutes, Nights at 7, Unlimited txt, Unlimited data, Roaming, and PCS to PCS - $50. If they ever force a plan change for a new pda then back to AT&T I go!
    I was a long-time Verizon customer and recently jumped shipped and came over to Sprint (if it wasn't for SERO, I would probably still be with Verizon). For the past few years, I thought that Verizon customer service was bad, but now looking back, it is much better than Sprint's customer service.

I was concerned about the network coverage initially, but so far, no real complaints on that front.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    That's the funniest title thread to post i have ever seen. (as a vzw client waiting like you, I am hoping the big man is listening!)
    Yeah, I pay Sprint next to nothing for full service with unlimited data on two Palm phones and I roam on Verizon for free.

I have such a good deal

I have had no problems with Verizon from a customer service standpoint. They have taken care of me quite nicely unlike sprint. I have no problems with coverage unlike when I was with sprint. I see no reason to move away from Verizon.

I may have to wait a bit but I'll be happier.
    Yeah, but Verizon said they are opening their network. Can you ask them about that (i.e. using Sprint phone on Verizon network?)
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Yeah, but Verizon said they are opening their network. Can you ask them about that (i.e. using Sprint phone on Verizon network?)
    Ok I may have a complete misunderstanding but I thought the open network was for the new frequencies they bought. Wouldn't that mean a new network buildout needs to happen as well?
    Ok I may have a complete misunderstanding but I thought the open network was for the new frequencies they bought. Wouldn't that mean a new network buildout needs to happen as well?
    The new frequencies they recently acquired is a whole different topic and is unrelated to the open network policy that is being discussed here.

Verizon's open network policy simply states that they will allow any compatible CDMA phone to be activated on their network as long as it doesn't harm their network and it has been submitted and passed through their testing process. That last part about the testing is the part that will likely prevent you from activating it on Verizon right now as the 800w is probably still going through their testing (i.e standard Verizon crippling procedures) at the moment.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post
    .... That last part about the testing is the part that will likely prevent you from activating it on Verizon right now as the 800w is probably still going through their testing (i.e standard Verizon crippling procedures) at the moment.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    My bad, I meant the Verizon model. See I'm totally distraught lol
    let them Beta test it
    when we get it and have questions we will have a nice library of answers to review
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW