1.    #1  
    Tried synching 700wx to both PC and laptop....both Vista(mobile device center). Was able to synch to laptop once....nothing happened on the PC. Then it was suggested that I delete the 700wx profile after synching on the laptop...done....Now I connect the 800wto the laptop...nothing happens...no synch.....no errors.......no nothing!!!! Help!!!

IGO!
  2.    #2  
    bump
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn View Post
    Tried synching 700wx to both PC and laptop....both Vista(mobile device center). Was able to synch to laptop once....nothing happened on the PC. Then it was suggested that I delete the 700wx profile after synching on the laptop...done....Now I connect the 800wto the laptop...nothing happens...no synch.....no errors.......no nothing!!!! Help!!!

IGO!
    When all else fails, Hard Reset.
    So both your 700wx and 800w does not initiate a sync. Uninstall/Reinstall mobile device center.

It at least makes a noise when you plug in the cable right?

Good luck.
  5.    #5  
    nope.......no nothing...just sits there saying..."well"?
    In active sync on your device, is Sycn all Pc's using this connection USB checked?
    Else try a different usb port.
    If that doesn't work, reinstall mobile center

end if
    You have a firewall running, if so, try disabling it. My firewall was preventing my 800 from connecting because it was a new partnership.
  8.    #8  
    HMmmm....interesting....I do have Zone Alarm

IGO
    What?! There's two IGoDwnTwn's? Which one of you is the one I met way back in the day in chitown?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I guess he found his old account. I will merge them.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    I guess he found his old account. I will merge them.
    Whattup ronbo, long time no see.
    Account merged.

Yeah, envying you guys with the 800W. Wifi, GPS, 320x320 and new Winmo version right?

Sorry for the OT.
    I'm having the same problem on my vista computer

i plug the phone in and nothing happens..... it does make a noise but nothing happens

hmm............

sidenote: i dont have a micro SD in... but do i need one? figured i could use the phones hard drive or whatever for now
    Last edited by andyacecandy; 07/14/2008 at 11:23 PM.
    I have the same problem with my 800w. Basically, when I plug the 800w into my computer(s), I get the "I'm charging" light and tone, but the device never shows up as a USB device for the computer to initiate sync with (in fact, it doesn't seem to register to the computer at all).

I took it to a repair-center Sprint store after bringing it home and the tech pulled the battery and left it out for about 5 minutes (he said) after which it started syncing to his computer at the store. After that, it synced to my laptop for a while, but has now stopped syncing again.

I should also note that I get a "We're sorry, there was a problem with device.exe" message after this happens.
    Anyone having this problem go to start, system, connections, then click "usb to pc" and uncheck the option and try to connect to your computer again.

I had a similar problem when I had the Mogul and this did the trick for me.