1.    #1  
    One of my favorite features is the screensaver. Under Settings>Power check the box under the screensaver tab.
    I thought mine wasn't working. You barely see it at all in the dark with phone turned off. Mine is set to automatically turn off and turn off backlight after 1 min. The defaults.

RU seeing the screen saver w/ backlight?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I saw it, although I was hoping for some color, brightness, contrast, customization, etc... :-)
    I really, really dig the Screen Saver.

It also shows a icons for
    • Missed Call
    • Missed SMS

Very sweet.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Yuuupp that screen saver option is real nice. I find it odd that nobody has ever tried it before. I personally never even thought it could be possible on a ppc lol.

Mal, how do you like the 800 so far?
    It only show up when the phone is on.

But i can still barely see it...not at all in the dark. What r your settings for power and back light. Both on battery and external?
    Quote Originally Posted by untouchablez View Post
    Mal, how do you like the 800 so far?

Feels good to actually use the darn thing after speculating and writing on it for the last 9 months!

But yeah, I think it's great. Not perfect. But great.

I'm really digging it so far too. Fast, light, feature rich. I actually like the keyboard better than my wx. Seem to be able to type faster on it. Call quality doesn't seem all that bad. From the reports I was expecting worse. My speaker sounds great, no crackling as reported by others. Maybe I got a good one. dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I'm really digging it so far too. Fast, light, feature rich. I actually like the keyboard better than my wx. Seem to be able to type faster on it. Call quality doesn't seem all that bad. From the reports I was expecting worse. My speaker sounds great, no crackling as reported by others. Maybe I got a good one. dunno.
    hannip... Me too...no crackling in the speakerphone, and the call quality is at least as good as that on my Moto V9 on ATT.

I'm thinking there might be something up in the chipset that outputs the speakerphone audio, as opposed to the speaker itself.

Thoughts anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Feels good to actually use the darn thing after speculating and writing on it for the last 9 months!

But yeah, I think it's great. Not perfect. But great.
    Lol yeah I know what you mean. I don't have any complaints either except for battery life. Having to buy an extended battery with a huge hump is gonna suck lol.
    I get crackling in my speaker :-(

I get crackling in my speaker :-(
    Mal... After we spoke tonight, I started thinking about whether the speakerphone crackling might have something to do with some third-party software that is being installed on the 800w. Or maybe it has to do with some defect in the chipset that drives that speakerphone.

IMO, it really seems unlikely to me that so many phones would have bum speakers.
  13. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I get no crackling whatsoever. Speakerphone, music, and handset sound real nice. I'll consider myself lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremecinema View Post
    Mal... After we spoke tonight, I started thinking about whether the speakerphone crackling might have something to do with some third-party software that is being installed on the 800w. Or maybe it has to do with some defect in the chipset that drives that speakerphone.

IMO, it really seems unlikely to me that so many phones would have bum speakers.
    yeah, the thought has crossed my mind.

I may do a backup and a hard reset tomorrow to see what happens....

I really, really dig the Screen Saver.

It also shows a icons for
    • Missed Call
    • Missed SMS

Very sweet.
    Low batt too.

yeah, the thought has crossed my mind.

I may do a backup and a hard reset tomorrow to see what happens....
    Please keep us posted on that. My speaker could be better.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2