Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    it must not, because that happens to me too when I click the 'missed call' button in PhoneAlarm. Very aggravating....

edit: oh, and i don't use RealVGA either, but was just skimming over this thread to see if there was anything new
    Yeah... I have the but and I'm not running RealVGA (yet).
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by mccune View Post
    Update of my cosmetical fix.
    V2 fixes the Speedial as well.
    Now the dialer and speeddial look better
    Need to install this with the original Real VGA app or does this whole file do the trick? If not, what's the latest version of Real VGA?
    @KevMeister
    Just install my file at the end of the process.

To all:
    To bad these posts are alle scattered all over the place.
    Just put my V3 online on XDA. Wanted to share here as well.

Changes:
    - Fixed QuickGPS background

All previous fixes are included as well. Just install the CAB and you should be fine.

Note: Will change the name of the file if I release a new version:
    McCune_RealVGA_DialFix_v3.cab
    Will be:
    McCune_RealVGA_Fix_vX.cab
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    @mccune: should this just be installed over your other cab or should something be uninstalled?

and do any of the battery fixes actually fix the icon or do they just install a workaround (same issue as in post #113)?

TIA
    Last edited by fulanit01; 07/20/2009 at 12:14 PM.
    You can remove the previous version. But it's not necessary since it overwrites previous files.
    Personally I prefer the loud speaker instead of the battery so I haven't looked into the battery problem
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Same battery question as above. I installed the bati program to get the bar at the top, but it was unneeded as I already have a battery percentage in the top right corner (don't remember what I did to get it). I just want to remove the smashed battery sign. I'd even be happy with Mccune's loudspeaker if I knew how to get that.

And I have come across some programs that don't seem compatible with realVGA (although I love it). I have codes for some PDAMill games (gems, classics and worms), and now they don't work with realVGA active. It messes with how they "see" the screen maybe? Essentially it reads the screen taps as being up to the left of the actual tap. Very annoying. Essentially makes the games unplayable. A bit of a loss.

Fortunately I have discovered working emulators for NES, SNES, Genesis and GBA on the STP so I am set for games for awhile. I just thought I would post the issue.

Thanks
    K--
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post

Fortunately I have discovered working emulators for NES, SNES, Genesis and GBA on the STP so I am set for games for awhile.
    Was gonna try to keep this thread on topic and send this to you as a PM but apparently i'm not veteran enough What emulators are you using for the nintendo systems, and are any of them running full screen? Any issues?

TIA

And to get back on topic: I'm pretty close to installing ariel's battery monitor but wanted to exhaust all non-hack methods first.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I was able to send you a PM, though. :-) I answered your questions about emulators. They work very well. I definitely recommend them.

and I *may* have found a battery work around. I found some information about "custom taskbars" that I may play with. We'll have to see.

K--
    Anyone found a way to fix the SprintTV and Sprint navigation problems where they arent filling up the whole screen when using realVGA? Those seem to be the only programs that i've noticed aren't using the full screen.
    SPB TV doesnt work =( with realvga 96dpi
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerz View Post
    Anyone found a way to fix the SprintTV and Sprint navigation problems where they arent filling up the whole screen when using realVGA? Those seem to be the only programs that i've noticed aren't using the full screen.
    If possible, please post screen shots!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    If possible, please post screen shots!
    Here ya go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I just upgraded to the new telenav 5.5 and its now displaying like its supposed to. The message popped up when I opened up sprint navigation, the new one is great and you can purchase new voices for it. So its just the sprint tv thats not displaying properly. Its the same as the pic above.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    As far as the battery fix: i just randomly stumbled over one of Ebag's cabs in the windows directory titled 'Ebag remove battery icon'. Was that supposed to be launched automatically during install, and if not, why not put it in the program files directory or somewhere more noticeable? Is it that it's non-functional...i'm afraid to test it
    Is it possible to do the following?

Via my Treo 800w, Download realVGA--without installing it--to my MicroSD card; then, when I'm ready to upgrade to a Treo Pro, just insert my SDcard to the Pro and install the app fresh that way?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Just installed RealVGA this afternoon, after much deliberation as I did NOT want to reinstall all of my aps (I have a ton of them lol) Soooo... I just backed everything up, and then installed as per normal (no hard reset) Everything went fine! I have not found any apps that are acting funny, no ringer, keyboard issues, I can dial from the home screen just fine, and apps I had that didn't quite display properly before RealVGA was installed, are now working properly (Pocket Stars and Spb Inight to name a couple - the options menu drop down boxes werent working before etc, now they are!)

Awesome app! ...and BOOOO on Palm for pixel doubling! I was wondering why when I bought the Treo Pro, it seemed to fit no more on the screen than my old Ipaq 6955... now I know why!
    All,

I tried to download RealVGA on my Treo (info below) and after resetting the phone, I could not get any incoming calls. Also, the 'Contacts' option would not work and when I tried to call someone from the Text Messaging list, I could only see the phone number and not dial out even though the screen looked great...

Software version: T850EWW-1.04-SPT
    Firmaware Version: 1.11.30F

Windows Mobile 6.1
    CE OS 5.2.20765 (Build 20765.1.4.4)

Any additional advice? I've read as many of the threads as possible.

Can someone put the steps with the different cab files in order?

Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Does anyone know what files are the dial skin backgrounds in the Windows folder?

The only problems I have had with Real VGA, are that Mobile Shell will no longer work... not that it matters I like my today screen better now anyway. And the dial screen, its like the background image is not quite long enough so there is a space between the dial screen and the bottom bar. Not a big issue... just that I can see what's under it (the today screen or whatever app is running below it). However I do know that the dial screen can be skinned, so if I can just make a new background for it in PS and overwrite the original it would be fine. I suppose I could just load up Resco Photo and go through the windows directory manually....

Other than that I am loving Real VGA! The screen looks much sharper and crisper now and all my other apps work great! I WAS thinking about getting a BB Tour 9630 since the screen was kind of cramped, but now I don't know
    Quote Originally Posted by Synergie View Post
    Does anyone know what files are the dial skin backgrounds in the Windows folder?

The only problems I have had with Real VGA, are that Mobile Shell will no longer work... not that it matters I like my today screen better now anyway. And the dial screen, its like the background image is not quite long enough so there is a space between the dial screen and the bottom bar. Not a big issue... just that I can see what's under it (the today screen or whatever app is running below it). However I do know that the dial screen can be skinned, so if I can just make a new background for it in PS and overwrite the original it would be fine. I suppose I could just load up Resco Photo and go through the windows directory manually....

Other than that I am loving Real VGA! The screen looks much sharper and crisper now and all my other apps work great! I WAS thinking about getting a BB Tour 9630 since the screen was kind of cramped, but now I don't know
    Created a fix for that just a few posts above yours
    Check out #163.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I am not too sure which version to use. Anyone got an idea of which version of RealVGA I should use, and where to find it?

BTW, I found this, which may be of some use in here.

treo pro dialer Special for 96dpi - xda-developers
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast