Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    OK, so here is my screen cap of Mobile Shell with RealVGA. Notice the screwed up battery icon top left. Also screwed up top right on the Today screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. hjt
    Lawmen23, which version of Mobile Shell are you using??

I really like RealVGA and Mobile Shell.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

It still doesn't help that he Ripped me Up & Down with SCREAMING speech.

Reason I became upset with you, is, you kept saying the exact same things to me. Its like, I did not understand you a week before when I messaged you privately the first time. Then, this is what got under my skin; you basically copied and pasted the exact same messages back to me here in the forum.

I like to problem solve, work around what other people think and do. If one way does not work, then there must be another. The biggest issue for the palm treo pro is HTC's work copied on top of Microsoft's original items. If someone could just get into HTC's add ons, delete it all, and start from square one… this would be a really great piece of work. Example: There is already a Task manager and Comm-manager created from Microsoft. Its in the Windows directory. Why companies like HTC, HP, and so on like to create their own programs that cause problems is beyond me. Microsoft already did the job, just use them.

As for my work about this very subject, again… just trying to get better from my surgery. Give me another day or so to collect my thoughts. I will write up an entire thing about it.
    Gotta love technology... you blink and everything changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTreoProUser27 View Post
    Reason I became upset with you, is, you kept saying the exact same things to me. Its like, I did not understand you a week before when I messaged you privately the first time. Then, this is what got under my skin; you basically copied and pasted the exact same messages back to me here in the forum.

I like to problem solve, work around what other people think and do. If one way does not work, then there must be another. The biggest issue for the palm treo pro is HTC's work copied on top of Microsoft's original items. If someone could just get into HTC's add ons, delete it all, and start from square one… this would be a really great piece of work. Example: There is already a Task manager and Comm-manager created from Microsoft. Its in the Windows directory. Why companies like HTC, HP, and so on like to create their own programs that cause problems is beyond me. Microsoft already did the job, just use them.

As for my work about this very subject, again… just trying to get better from my surgery. Give me another day or so to collect my thoughts. I will write up an entire thing about it.
    Thanks for the Reply,
    I honestly didn't catch that it was you that Pm'd me the first time.
    So when I answered your question here in the forum, I thought you were just another person asking something similar.
    Most of my reading and posting here at TC is done looking at my tiny little screen on my Pro, so it's easy to not catch who posted what.
    Here's where most of my browsing is done:
    http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...play.php?f=205
    Which is an added reason why I might have missed that I had answered you the same thing in your Pm you sent me.
    Doing my posting from my Pro also causes me to give shorter answers.
    So when someone asks 'how do I overwrite a file that's already on my phone?'
    I would post something simple like: "You need to use Resco Explorer or Total Commander"
    A more elaborated post might be:
    Copy the batterIndicator.exe file to your Sd card. Then using Resco Explorer, copy the file from your card to the windows directory.

So sorry for saying the same thing twice.

So if you have no hard feelings, I don't. Peace!

Hope you a speedy recovery.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Thanks for the Reply,
    I honestly didn't catch that it was you that Pm'd me the first time.
    So when I answered your question here in the forum, I thought you were just another person asking something similar.
    Most of my reading and posting here at TC is done looking at my tiny little screen on my Pro, so it's easy to not catch who posted what.
    Here's where most of my browsing is done:
    http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...play.php?f=205
    Which is an added reason why I might have missed that I had answered you the same thing in your Pm you sent me.
    Doing my posting from my Pro also causes me to give shorter answers.
    So when someone asks 'how do I overwrite a file that's already on my phone?'
    I would post something simple like: "You need to use Resco Explorer or Total Commander"
    A more elaborated post might be:
    Copy the batterIndicator.exe file to your Sd card. Then using Resco Explorer, copy the file from your card to the windows directory.

So sorry for saying the same thing twice.

So if you have no hard feelings, I don't. Peace!

Hope you a speedy recovery.
    Nice post! You are a classy (and forgiving) guy!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hjt View Post
    Lawmen23, which version of Mobile Shell are you using??

I really like RealVGA and Mobile Shell.
    version 2.1.0 build 3363
    I am not sure if this has been covered before, if so I apologize. But for those that missed it. The battery icon has been talked about but the image icons in the SMS app has not been. I found this link and applied this on top of the setup already used and regained my images in the SMS app.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=443385
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 11/27/2008 at 03:01 PM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

The latest version of my RealVGA includes new 6.1 DLL's that work with the poutlook SMS app.
    I just installed ReaVGA on a Treo Pro using the instructions from berdinkerdickle in this thread. There are a few small issues (battery icon -- fixes in this thread) but overall it is a big improvement allowing much more screen real estate for email and browsing. Thanks to all in this thread for the info!
    Quote Originally Posted by jj911c2 View Post
    I just installed ReaVGA on a Treo Pro using the instructions from berdinkerdickle in this thread. There are a few small issues (battery icon -- fixes in this thread) but overall it is a big improvement allowing much more screen real estate for email and browsing. Thanks to all in this thread for the info!
    If your sms icons are messed up, follow the link james gives in his post above.
    install sdkcerts.cab and then DK96dpiResPack.cab. - Newer dll's
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I am not sure if this has been covered before, if so I apologize. But for those that missed it. The battery icon has been talked about but the image icons in the SMS app has not been. I found this link and applied this on top of the setup already used and regained my images in the SMS app.

RealVGA 96dpi Updated ResPack / Remove Battery Indicator - xda-developers
    Here's the Thread Kramer - James links to updated dll's

I went with ebags for my latest repaired pro, because he made the process to install, imho, easier

I don't know why links don't work for me, but here is ebags
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...atability.html
    Just call me Berd.
    This RealVGA stuff seems to be scattered over numerous threads.

Created a cosmetic fix for the dialer when using RealVGA. Now you only have one small line under the lock button when your in a call. Other than that it works quite well for me.

I will create a link to this post in ebags thread since thats the one I use on my Pro

Update: fix does not seem to work when using speedial.
    Update2: New fix down a few posts. speedial fixed. Removed attachment to prevent confusion.
    Last edited by mccune; 06/29/2009 at 01:21 PM.
    I had a little bit of a hard time knowing exactly which files to use.
    So I thought I would consolidate

First go here:
    Real VGA - xda-developers

and download 'RealVGA_11.CAB' and 'ResPack96dpi.ARM.CAB'

It's suggested you do a 'Hard Reset' before installing. You have to reinstall all your apps, just like you just got your brand new Pro.
    I didn't bother to confirm, I just started over to be sure.

Now after you install both 'RealVGA_11.CAB' and 'ResPack96dpi.ARM.CAB' Go to 'Start Menu -> Programs' and click on the RealVGA icon, choose 96dpi from the drop down and:

When I first clicked 'Ok' I got a message saying it couldn't find ipsecvpnres.96.dll, everything worked fine, but I went ahead and searched the forums and found it. It may not matter either way, but I put it in my windows folder.
    (attached below - unzip before putting in windows)

So then I went back in to 'Start Menu -> Programs' and clicked on the RealVGA icon, chose 96dpi from the drop down, unticked the "Disable phone skin" box, tapped 'Ok' at the bottom, and this time it asked if I wanted to allow the dll to run, I said yes, and since then I haven't got any messages.
    Like I said; it may or may not matter.

I also attached below the batti cab because RealVga messes up the battery icon.

If I think of anything else, I will update this post.
    What exactly do the two files you have attached do?
    [QUOTE=mccune;...fix does not seem to work when using speedial.[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't work with speed dial. But apart from that it fixes the dialpad nicely. Thank you for putting it together!
    Doesn mobile shell 3 work with realvga? i just installed the screen looks all messed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrupalp View Post
    Doesn mobile shell 3 work with realvga? i just installed the screen looks all messed up.
    Nope. SPB has stated they won't support 96dpi.
    Update of my cosmetical fix.
    V2 fixes the Speedial as well.
    Now the dialer and speeddial look better
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mccune View Post
    Update of my cosmetical fix.
    V2 fixes the Speedial as well.
    Now the dialer and speeddial look better
    Mccune:
    Any idea if there is any fix for the Call History problem?
    When I try to go to Cal History, it appears for a second, and then disappears.
    Does this have anything to do with RealVGA?
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    Mccune:
    Any idea if there is any fix for the Call History problem?
    When I try to go to Cal History, it appears for a second, and then disappears.
    Does this have anything to do with RealVGA?
    it must not, because that happens to me too when I click the 'missed call' button in PhoneAlarm. Very aggravating....

edit: oh, and i don't use RealVGA either, but was just skimming over this thread to see if there was anything new
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
  20.    #160  
    I came back to this thread after a long while and it seems new developments have been made. What apps from actual TP ROM still dont work with RealVGA?? How well do call screen, call history, and general apps made for different resolution work with it now?
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast