Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hjt View Post
    Sorry to be a bit slow.

Just to double check - RealVGA doesn't work with SPB Mobile Shell? I really like Mobile Shell but it doesn't seem to display at all with RealVGA installed. I've read the posts here and this is what they suggest....
    I thought someone posted in the 800w RealVGA thread about a certain version that did work.

It might be worth searching out.
    Is the touchflo 2D theme on the treo pro exactly the same like on this X1?

youtube.com/watch?v=hLz4UlKOHL0

*Man, i really hate not being able to post links..
    I didn't do a hard reset to my Pro. I backed everything up. Then I installed all the files. It works great. No problems after 4 days.
  4. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    I didn't do a hard reset to my Pro. I backed everything up. Then I installed all the files. It works great. No problems after 4 days.
    Just what I wanted to hear. .

I installed it without a hard reset and everything was flawless. Unfortunately I liked my screen at 128 dpi so I un-installed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Unfortunately I liked my screen at 128 dpi so I un-installed it.
    Can I ask why?

The only reason I've heard that makes sense to me is that the font becomes smaller and hard to read. That's a non-issue for me...so....
  6. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Can I ask why?

The only reason I've heard that makes sense to me is that the font becomes smaller and hard to read. That's a non-issue for me...so....
    That is exactly why. I am extremely near-sighted and I liked the larger font.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    That is exactly why. I am extremely near-sighted and I liked the larger font.
    Totally a valid reason.

OFC you CAN increase font size....
  8. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Totally a valid reason.

OFC you CAN increase font size....
    Lol, I am not trying it again.
    In case anyone is wondering, I am using SPB Mobile Shell with RealVGA and it works fine with no start menu issues. Have not figured out how to fix the battery icon. I feel like it's not as snappy as it should be, but that's probably not related to these two programs. I would like to know how to utilize more squares on the programs screen. (Like having a games folder there) I'm also having some issues with the messaging part but I haven't tried to fix it yet. Has anyone tried to Diamond theme on the XDA forum yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    In case anyone is wondering, I am using SPB Mobile Shell with RealVGA and it works fine with no start menu issues. Have not figured out how to fix the battery icon.
    Screenie?

I feel like it's not as snappy as it should be, but that's probably not related to these two programs.
    Snappy compared to....? RealVGA (in and of itself) has exactly zero effect on the way the device will run.

I would like to know how to utilize more squares on the programs screen. (Like having a games folder there)
    Not sure what you mean by this.

I'm also having some issues with the messaging part but I haven't tried to fix it yet.
    How about a little more info on this. Maybe a screen shot?
  11. hjt
    In case anyone is wondering, I am using SPB Mobile Shell with RealVGA and it works fine with no start menu issues. Have not figured out how to fix the battery icon. I feel like it's not as snappy as it should be, but that's probably not related to these two programs. I would like to know how to utilize more squares on the programs screen. (Like having a games folder there) I'm also having some issues with the messaging part but I haven't tried to fix it yet. Has anyone tried to Diamond theme on the XDA forum yet?
    I really like SPB Mobile Shell and would like to use RealVGA too but when I used RealVGA Mobile Shell wouldn't display at all. How did you get them working together? Are the messaging issues the icons not displaying?
    You are probably using a version of Mobile Shell that doesn't support 96 DPI.
  13. hjt
    I'm using the latest version of Mobile Shell - 2.1.2 - Build 534. Which version are you using?
    Is there a version of MobileShell that supports 96dpi? I was under the impression from SPB's forums that they would not support 96dpi.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Is there a version of MobileShell that supports 96dpi? I was under the impression from SPB's forums that they would not support 96dpi.
    They do not officially support 96 DPI. (Which is just plain stupid, IMHO. It's NOT difficult to support.)

Try this:

• Run SPB mobile shell 2.1 (NOT 2.1.1).
    • To do editing, first you go to the spb file folder and locate the file qa_layout.dat

This file is actually a zipped file, which contains a list of the xml files required for the editing. Use winzip to unzip the files and store them in a folder in your pc / laptop. When you decompress this file, it will prompt you with a password. The password is b0fm18zq.

Now use notepad to open up the xml files. You will see that the program. That is when you start editing. For example, if you see coordinates of 240 or 320 perhaps you can change to 480 and 640 respectively.

After you have done your editing, save the files and recompress the qa_layouts.dat file. Again, make sure you save with the same password.

replace your old layout.dat file with the new one.
    • Try this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=2530071
    • Google for it: http://www.google.com/search?q=Mobil...x=&startPage=1

So long story short, nothing official, but there is some hackish stuff out there.
    How do you remove the useless battery icon? I tried several times with the posted fix and when I attempt to copy the unzipped batterIndicator.exe file to the palm pro, a message appears that asks if I want to replace the existing file 19.9 KB. I can click, Yes, Yes to All, No, or Cancel. If I click Yes or Yes to all, a dialog appears that states "BatteryIndicator cound not be placed on the device. You do not have permission to create this item" I also, tried it via the palm with the same problem. Now, whats up?
    Gotta love technology... you blink and everything changes.
    look for the posts by WMguy in this thread.
    If you are referring to this post....

Quote Originally Posted by WMguy View Post
    Thanks Berd. I actually discovered another one I like even better. It's called airelBattery2. It's a percentage based meter that is very customizable. The best part is that it's movable so you can position it directly over the screwed up battery icon (due to RealVGA) and don't have to do the hack to remove it. Killed two birds with one stone.
    I colored mine all white with a green inside and it blends in perfectly with the today screen and looks great with RealVGA. As soon as I get a few more posts I'll be able to post a screeny.
    But, till then, thanks for the help and airelBattery2 is highly recommended.
    It only masks the battery icon. How did you actually turn the battery icon into the sound icon? I tried everything and I still come up the same exact WAY. The orignal BatteryIndictor.exe file can not be overwritten on the device or computer.
    Gotta love technology... you blink and everything changes.
    The Thread "how to mute ringer when receiving an incoming call" Has what you're looking for.
    In order to overwrite files in Rom you need to use either Resco Explorer or Total Commander