Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WMguy View Post
    Will this affect video playback on programs like Kinoma?
    No problem running Kinoma Freeplay (that I just installed) in RealVGA 96dpi mode. Kinoma is smart enough to detect actual size of the screen that's 320x320 and makes full use of the screen (even in 96dpi mode).
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    So far, of all the apps I use, all is fine.
    Same here. All the apps I've used run fine on 96dpi mode on TreoPro. Though some does not makes full use of the 320x320 screen ...
    (1) use only left 240x320
    (2) use only centre 240x320
    (3) use full 320x320 but with smaller dialog boxes centred in the middle
    (4) use full 320x320 with dialog boxes using the full screen, but smaller fonts/icons/scrollbars.
    (5) use full 320x320 with almost no difference between 96dpi and 128dpi mode (ignores dpi and works only with screen pixels).

I think Kinoma Freeplay falls into the last category, but I haven't tried it in 128dpi mode yet.

BTW berd, are you on twitter or facebook?
    regards, sabre23t =^.^=
    Quote Originally Posted by sabre23t View Post
    No problem running Kinoma Freeplay (that I just installed) in RealVGA 96dpi mode. Kinoma is smart enough to detect actual size of the screen that's 320x320 and makes full use of the screen (even in 96dpi mode).

Same here. All the apps I've used run fine on 96dpi mode on TreoPro. Though some does not makes full use of the 320x320 screen ...
    (1) use only left 240x320
    (2) use only centre 240x320
    (3) use full 320x320 but with smaller dialog boxes centred in the middle
    (4) use full 320x320 with dialog boxes using the full screen, but smaller fonts/icons/scrollbars.
    (5) use full 320x320 with almost no difference between 96dpi and 128dpi mode (ignores dpi and works only with screen pixels).

I think Kinoma Freeplay falls into the last category, but I haven't tried it in 128dpi mode yet.

BTW berd, are you on twitter or facebook?
    No, I am not.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Berd: No prob with the screen shots. I think I understand how it will display and yes I expected the text to be on the small side. If they are too small I can always set it to 128 dpi the times I want to use that particular program.
    Dumb question #2451:

If I install RealVGA, how hard is it to remove? Any different than removing any other application?
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Dumb question #2451:

If I install RealVGA, how hard is it to remove? Any different than removing any other application?
    Yep, I was able to uninstall like any other app.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    But you don't even have to uninstall it.
    You can switch back and forth between 128 and 96.
    Hey since I still have my 750 and the wife won't let me start on my Pro will this work on the 750. Don't get me wrong - I do realise the lesser amount of pixels will make realvga look like balls but right now I'm happy to experiment cos I know I've go a few weeks to go using this device.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Anyone else have any issues with RealVGA and the batti program? About 50% of the time the battery bar on top is just a purple line across the entire screen regardless of where the battery level is.
    Anyone experiment with a percentage type display program instead using RealVga and which would you recommend?
    Anyone else have any issues with RealVGA and the batti program? About 50% of the time the battery bar on top is just a purple line across the entire screen regardless of where the battery level is.
    Anyone experiment with a percentage type display program instead using RealVga and which would you recommend?
    The bug is with batti:
    http://www.treoprotricks.com/post/20...ws-Mobile.aspx

Another option is:
    (see attachment)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Just call me Berd.
    Curious.... in the 96dpi setting does anyone else loose the windows key?

And what does "disable phone skin" accomplish?
    About 50% of the time the battery bar on top is just a purple line across the entire screen regardless of where the battery level is.
    Batti displays as if one purple line because the "Foreground charging" colour purple is almost as dark as "Background charging" colour. Make the background charging colour darker. I also prefers batti with gradient indicator off, so it'll be more noticeable when the indicator turns from green to yellow to red.
    regards, sabre23t =^.^=
    Curious.... in the 96dpi setting does anyone else loose the windows key?

And what does "disable phone skin" accomplish?
    My 'Start Menu' icon in the top left corner looks fine.

The "disable phone skin" keeps your dialer looking correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by sabre23t View Post
    Batti displays as if one purple line because the "Foreground charging" colour purple is almost as dark as "Background charging" colour. Make the background charging colour darker. I also prefers batti with gradient indicator off, so it'll be more noticeable when the indicator turns from green to yellow to red.
    I think the original poster meant that sometimes when waking your TP, the purple line doesn't disappear and you don't get the grad-colored line. Sometimes you can see that only a portion of the purple line is replaced too. It's a little bug, but so far that's not reason enough for me to find a different app.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Berd.... not the "Start Menu" on the screen but the Windows key next to the 4-way controller.
    Also.... any idea how to get 192dpi?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The bug is with batti:

Another option is:
    (see attachment)
    Thanks Berd. I actually discovered another one I like even better. It's called airelBattery2. It's a percentage based meter that is very customizable. The best part is that it's movable so you can position it directly over the screwed up battery icon (due to RealVGA) and don't have to do the hack to remove it. Killed two birds with one stone.
    I colored mine all white with a green inside and it blends in perfectly with the today screen and looks great with RealVGA. As soon as I get a few more posts I'll be able to post a screeny.
    But, till then, thanks for the help and airelBattery2 is highly recommended.
  17. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    ......But, till then, thanks for the help and airelBattery2 is highly recommended.
    WMguy, airelBattery2 sounds very interesting. I searched but could not find a link to to it, could you please post it.

Thanks much.
    Thanks Berd. I actually discovered another one I like even better. It's called airelBattery2. It's a percentage based meter that is very customizable. The best part is that it's movable so you can position it directly over the screwed up battery icon (due to RealVGA) and don't have to do the hack to remove it. Killed two birds with one stone.
    I colored mine all white with a green inside and it blends in perfectly with the today screen and looks great with RealVGA. As soon as I get a few more posts I'll be able to post a screeny.
    But, till then, thanks for the help and airelBattery2 is highly recommended.
    Sounds Interesting.
    When you post the screen capture, please also post a link to the app, or attach the cab.

Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    Berd.... not the "Start Menu" on the screen but the Windows key next to the 4-way controller.
    No probs here.
    Are you sure it's because RealVGA?

Also.... any idea how to get 192dpi?
    Not sure,
    Why?

Maybe someone smarter than I, can explain why 96 dots per inch gives us more screen realistate than 128dpi.
    But with that in mind, wouldn't 192dpi even give us less.
    It does seem opposite than what you would think.
    More dpi, like on our desktop monitor gives us more screen realestate
    Just call me Berd.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast