Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    i never thought i would feel so envious of a winmo phone but this 800w has gotten me (a 755p user) so jealous!!!

    Actually had me thinking of switching to WinMob for the first time.... although tough luck... just too many apps to sacrifice with the switch...

    Dang Palm! give us a Palm OS phone with the 800w body please! i'd still pay $250 for it. Seriously!

    Who else is with me suffering from this WinMob envy?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Dang Palm! give us a Palm OS phone with the 800w body please! i'd still pay $250 for it. Seriously!
    They have one. It's called Centro.

    Tell you what, I'll buy a Centro for $70, and you can give me $250 for it. We'll call it a 800p. Deal?
    Last edited by Ebag333; 07/14/2008 at 06:24 PM.
  3. dlai's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #3  
    Do some searching and reading on Styletap. It's a program that allows you to run some Palm OS programs on WinMo6. There are some here who have had success using it and running some programs on the 800w. I'm using the same phone as you and am also thinking of making the switch. For me, it's about the wifi and EVDO rev A on a Palm device that has me tempted...
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i never thought i would feel so envious of a winmo phone but this 800w has gotten me (a 755p user) so jealous!!!

    Actually had me thinking of switching to WinMob for the first time.... although tough luck... just too many apps to sacrifice with the switch...

    Dang Palm! give us a Palm OS phone with the 800w body please! i'd still pay $250 for it. Seriously!

    Who else is with me suffering from this WinMob envy?
    I came from a 755p, and I LOVE THIS PHONE.... You really have to try it, its NICE. I use style tap and still use my Palm OS apps with out a problem. If you can, at least get one, and play with it for a week or so, and then go from there. I'm very happy with it and this is my 1st Treo Windows Mobile phone.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    They have one. It's called Centro.

    Tell you what, I'll buy a Centro for $70, and you can give me $250 for it. We'll call it a 800p. Deal?
    its just different my friend... the basic form is the same but the keyboard makes all the difference in the world... and the soft touch paint.

    800w's form factor is everything i love in the 755p and Centro form factors combined... much worth the upgrade IF ONLY they would include wifi in the feature set it would be well worth the $250.
  6. slthree's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    I came from a 755p, and I LOVE THIS PHONE.... You really have to try it, its NICE. I use style tap and still use my Palm OS apps with out a problem. If you can, at least get one, and play with it for a week or so, and then go from there. I'm very happy with it and this is my 1st Treo Windows Mobile phone.
    Can Style Tap run Datebk?

Posting Permissions