View Poll Results: Do you Think TC Should have a "Win a 850 Contest" like they gave for the CDMA guys?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can't we Gsm guys have a Contest for guessing the release date and winning a 850?

Link to the 800w Contest:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=158288

It Only seams Fair that GSM guys get a Contest Also.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 07/15/2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Added link to 800w giveaway
    Just call me Berd.
  2.    #2  
    Added a Poll
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #3  
    So, at this point, only 5 people want a chance to win a Treo 850.
    136 views and 5 votes. hmm.

1020 had posted by the time Dieter determined the winner for the 800.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1021

I know this thread might get more replies if it was the actual "Win a 850" thread.

But maybe we won't even get a chance to win, it seems very few care.
    Just call me Berd.
    October 32nd
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Maybe if they get confirmation it's actually going to be released, then they can start talking about winning one?

No use having a poll for vaporware.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Maybe if they get confirmation it's actually going to be released, then they can start talking about winning one?

No use having a poll for vaporware.

Well, TC started a Forum for the 850.

Are we just posting in a Vaperforum?
    Just call me Berd.
    Maybe because it showed up as a test model. But any confirmation this is really coming out in the near future? All I've seen are photos of test models. Remember, this is Palm we're talking about. For all we know, next year could be the release date at this point. I still consider it vaporware until I see something a bit more concrete about an actual release.

So any news?

I'd like to see it in person too, but Palm's slowness and lack of info on releases no longer has me waiting on pins and needles for any of it's products anymore.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8.    #8  
    Now I'm depressed

That's it, I'm going to go buy a BB!
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Maybe because it showed up as a test model. But any confirmation this is really coming out in the near future? All I've seen are photos of test models. Remember, this is Palm we're talking about. For all we know, next year could be the release date at this point. I still consider it vaporware until I see something a bit more concrete about an actual release.

So any news?

I'd like to see it in person too, but Palm's slowness and lack of info on releases no longer has me waiting on pins and needles for any of it's products anymore.
    There's been enough news to know it's coming rather soon...
    • In January, Vodafone's roadmap leaked--showed "Drucker"/"Wanda" for a July release + specs
    • We've seen a picture of a tester unit ("release candidate 1") about 6 weeks ago
    • Palm, during their last investor meeting, said they were refreshing their WM line this summer with multiple devices (800w, Wanda, Drucker = 3)

Heck, we had less info on the 800w when we launched that contest--we hadn't even seen a "real" picture yet and clearly Sprint's roadmaps were off by about...2 or 3 quarters.

850w should be here by end of the summer. Probably won't be exclusive to Vodafone either.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Is that the same unit they had on Boy Genius? Or another.

Maybe I was a bit too harsh, but seriously Palm doesn't treat the Treo line right in terms of hyping it up. Centro is now getting all the press. Centro ads out the ***, but we gotta look at boards like these to even know the 800w line is coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Now I'm depressed

That's it, I'm going to go buy a BB!
    Sorry for the pessimistic post. Palm just underwhelms me these days.

BTW, I heard the Bold might be delayed until October. If that's true and the 850 really is coming, you no longer need to wait for a BB.

But I seriously hope that 32MB RAM was a misprint.

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    850w should be here by end of the summer. Probably won't be exclusive to Vodafone either.
    I'm hoping for a Vodafone release here in the UK by September. I would be able to pick one up on eBay after then, as a lot of people on expensive monthly contracts have the option to upgrade their phone each year, and often sell off the new one.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Probably won't be exclusive to Vodafone either.
    I'd be surprised if it was released by any other carrier in the UK. I guess in the US AT&T are the likely launch partner.
    Vodafone: 7/31/08

AT&T: 10/13/08
    Contest has not been declared by Dieter, yet. But I do say yes, to be fair for GSM users.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks ronbo
    Just call me Berd.
  17.    #17  
    Voda: 10/10
    ATT: 12/5
    Just call me Berd.
    Voda 9/15 ATT 12/15
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Until T-Mo launches a real 3G network and can show good subscriber numbers to the manufacturers, we T-Mo users are SOL (Sh!t Out of Luck). I want one of these 850's but I guess my real hope is some Android device. At one point I was naive enough to hope the 850 would indeed be sporting Android, but alas, like so many of my hopes for T-Mobile, that too has been dashed upon the cruel, cruel rocks of reality.
    After using the iPhone 3G the past week, I think I can't wait for the Treo 850. The iPhone is turning into the biggest dud I've ever used.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast