1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    WooHoo, I am stoked. WisBar Advance 3 may be a little overkill, but I love the features I get with it.

Here is an email that I received from LakeRidge Software.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeRidge Software
    .... Our developer is prepping a new release for tomorrow which will fix that issue as there is a new Samsung device with the same resolution that's also having problems.
    For the people like me who did not know what Wisbar 3 is/was....

Direct quote from their website.
    Features

* Compatible with WM2003, WM2003SE, WM5 and WM6 touchscreen devices
    * Uses a smaller memory footprint than WisBar Advance 2
    * Customize the close button, the screen orientation and the SIP on a per-application basis
    * Switch between any application currently running on your device
    * Provides a cascading start menu (as in the screenshot)
    * Tap and hold the OK button to cancel a dialog
    * Add or remove functions to the taskbar
    * Each button on the taskbar can be assigned a tap and a tap-and-hold action
    * Place shortcuts in the system tray for easier access from the Today screen
    * Customize a "User Menu" with applications of your choosing
    * Change the appearance of the taskbar, menubar, buttons and start menu in any program
    * Supports QVGA and VGA devices
    * Customize the clock's appearance on the taskbar
    * Hear sounds for system events, just like on your desktop
    * Download and install themes created by other people
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    LakeRidge's website is down right now, hope this means good things to come.
    is there a way to get the wisbar features without it skinning the device? I like the stock look, but I want the close funtion and taskbar like way it shows my running apps across the top. That's really all I use it for.
    Try Wisbar lite.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Try Wisbar lite.
    Unfortunately for me, I don't like the way it skin the menu, it does a half ash job. If they made it skin the Start menu the way WA3 does, I would be in.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Nothing form Lakeridge yet. Hope they get the release out today like they said they would.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    WisBar 3 has been released, and works very well.

http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/pro...WisBarAdvance/
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Do NOT use the rotate function is WisBar. I got stuck, and it screwed up the mapping of the 5-way. I had to Hard Reset to restore it.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    is there a way to get the wisbar features without it skinning the device? I like the stock look, but I want the close funtion and taskbar like way it shows my running apps across the top. That's really all I use it for.
    Yes. The stock theme does not alter the appearance. In fact I have WisBar set to not skin any apps.
    I am using the stock skin with the "do not skin applications" setting, and wow, I love this!

I got my battery bar back, the soft reset ability, and the x button that closes! wonderful!
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    I am using the stock skin with the "do not skin applications" setting, and wow, I love this!

I got my battery bar back, the soft reset ability, and the x button that closes! wonderful!
    Yeah, isn't it nice to have the date, time, and battery visible in all apps?