1.    #1  
    As I have been sitting here working with my trusty 800 next to my side I have noticed the screen keeps coming on about every few minutes or so...stays on for about 15 seconds...then goes white before slowly fading into a vertical line phase as it turns off.

Does anyone else get this??
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    As I have been sitting here working with my trusty 800 next to my side I have noticed the screen keeps coming on about every few minutes or so...stays on for about 15 seconds...then goes white before slowly fading into a vertical line phase as it turns off.

Does anyone else get this??
    I had the same thing happen with my HTC Touch before, never figured out what was causing it. I am guessing it might be polling for something, maybe email?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I had this happening too on Friday. I pulled the battery and put it back in and it hasn't happened since.
    ---Abort, Retry, Fail???

Palm III > Palm V > Sony Clie PEG-NR70/U > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > Palm Treo 800w > Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorian View Post
    I had this happening too on Friday. I pulled the battery and put it back in and it hasn't happened since.
    I also have not seen this occur since doing a soft reset. It got bad though, to the point where it was waking up every 20 seconds then fading off again. I tried closing down programs one at a time and deactivating radios to deterine the cause and never was able to identify it.

Very weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    I also have not seen this occur since doing a soft reset. It got bad though, to the point where it was waking up every 20 seconds then fading off again. I tried closing down programs one at a time and deactivating radios to deterine the cause and never was able to identify it.

Very weird.
    run that task manager (hold down "OK") and look at the CPU processes for a few minutes and see if you notice anything odd...

Also check the "running processes" for the same thing (instead of just .exe programs)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    run that task manager (hold down "OK") and look at the CPU processes for a few minutes and see if you notice anything odd...

Also check the "running processes" for the same thing (instead of just .exe programs)
    Very helpful tip. Thank you!
    I think it might be pocketexpress (or whatever program you might have installed that is set to automatically poll for updates). pocketexpress is defaulted to update every 4 hours, so that may be why. change the settings and see if that doesn't do the trick for ya.