1.    #1  
    I know most of you here have done this jump long ago. Many of us are new to WM and are taking the plunge.
    What is the best way to safely move/"upgrade"?

I have gone to the C drive and copied the entire Palm folder to another folder on my desktop. Do I then uninstall the Palm OS software before installing from the WM cd ( I am talking about the Palm OS installed in the PC.
    Or do I just stick it on and it will overwrite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    I know most of you here have done this jump long ago. Many of us are new to WM and are taking the plunge.
    What is the best way to safely move/"upgrade"?

I have gone to the C drive and copied the entire Palm folder to another folder on my desktop. Do I then uninstall the Palm OS software before installing from the WM cd ( I am talking about the Palm OS installed in the PC.
    Or do I just stick it on and it will overwrite?
    Well, for starters you could make a copy of your Palm OS stuff and just put it to the side for now. You won't be able to transfer your files from it to WM. For your contacts, if you use outlook on your pc, then you will be fine. All you have to do is use your POS to sync to your PC. Then you'll have the latest info in outlook. Then with the 800, it came with a CD that will allow you to go and download a trial version of Outlook 2007, which you will need to transfer all your PIM info.. After you do that, On your 800 sync with your computer, and it will transfer all the outlook info. So now, you should have all your PIM info on your 800 now. As for as programs our concerned, you can use a program called Style Tap, it will allow you to use most of your POS on your 800. That should get you going in the right direction, hope this helps..

http://www.styletap.com/
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre