Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I will be getting the 800w, and I was hoping to play videos from the main youtube site (not the mobile version).

I know there's no Flash support, but I was told that there is a third party app that will do this. Anyone have success doing this with their new 800w?

If so, how do the videos play? Do they stay in sync?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mopak View Post
    I will be getting the 800w, and I was hoping to play videos from the main youtube site (not the mobile version).

I know there's no Flash support, but I was told that there is a third party app that will do this. Anyone have success doing this with their new 800w?

If so, how do the videos play? Do they stay in sync?

Thanks
    I'd be curious as to how Youtube videos can be viewed on the 800w.
    so, youtube/flash is still not natively supported on WM devices?
    I've been running youtube through CorePlayer with good results today.
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterXtreme View Post
    I've been running youtube through CorePlayer with good results today.
    A bit off topic but does CorePlayer support the multiple formats that TCPMP does with all of its plugins?

Thanks.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    so, youtube/flash is still not natively supported on WM devices?
    Nope, I don't think I would want it anyways. I like being able to download the video, stream it, or play it full screen.
    Does the mobile youtube site work?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    i am confused because i have looked at wm 6.1 sites today and they all were saying that the pie in 6.1 would be using flash and that youtube was one of the main areas they were showing off on the wm6.1 devices????
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    A bit off topic but does CorePlayer support the multiple formats that TCPMP does with all of its plugins?

Thanks.
    I'm pretty sure it does, plus it has the latest version of their h.264 encoder... there are different quality level settings for youtube and if you have a fast enough connection you can use the high quality (h.264) setting. I've been running the second highest and the vids look and run pretty well.
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterXtreme View Post
    I'm pretty sure it does, plus it has the latest version of their h.264 encoder... there are different quality level settings for youtube and if you have a fast enough connection you can use the high quality (h.264) setting. I've been running the second highest and the vids look and run pretty well.
    Thanks for the info.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    i am confused because i have looked at wm 6.1 sites today and they all were saying that the pie in 6.1 would be using flash and that youtube was one of the main areas they were showing off on the wm6.1 devices????
    That's a newer version of IE which is coming out at the end of the year or early next year.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    youtube play may work. I installed it on my mogul and work great. Have yet to try it on the 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilboi View Post
    youtube play may work. I installed it on my mogul and work great. Have yet to try it on the 800w.
    more details please.
    For an easy solution, simply download the WM client for vTap. This program searches youtube videos as you type in the search terms and can display the videos in full screen. Couldn't be any easier.

http://www.vtap.com/wince_download.html
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Try this:

www.blueapple.mobi

works great!
    I must second Marty's suggestion of vTap, and no I don't work for them. Easy. Simple. Works great. Hop to vtap.com on the browser and you can download the cab file over the air (their site will see you as coming from a mobile device, and offer up their mobile website, with a link right there to install their on-device app. Search AND playback all in one. So sweet.)
    I agree with JohnyMac, i just dl vtap works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post
    For an easy solution, simply download the WM client for vTap. This program searches youtube videos as you type in the search terms and can display the videos in full screen. Couldn't be any easier.

http://www.vtap.com/wince_download.html
    i got this. works great. thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast