Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    or are we stuck with the headphones that ship with the 800?

I use my phone for all kinds of media (I replaced my Ipod/Zen years ago with my Treo), and I don't want to be "stuck" with the stock headphones.

I checked on ebay for "micro usb audio" and had zero useable hits.

Is this one of those features that we will have to wait on?

Just curious.

thanks.
    K--
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post
    or are we stuck with the headphones that ship with the 800?

I use my phone for all kinds of media (I replaced my Ipod/Zen years ago with my Treo), and I don't want to be "stuck" with the stock headphones.

I checked on ebay for "micro usb audio" and had zero useable hits.

Is this one of those features that we will have to wait on?

Just curious.

thanks.
    K--
    Tried Google and got this:
    http://www.1800mobiles.com/motorola-...o-adapter.html

and this
    http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?p...19222&cat=3311

Guess I will try the Motorola, not sure what the mic will do, careful when searching on Google, many searches bring up the mini USB model.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    I bought a few of the Motorola micro/mini usb adapters. I am am going to test them with all of the HTC mini usb/3.5 headset adapaters I have.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    I bought a few of the Motorola micro/mini usb adapters. I am am going to test them with all of the HTC mini usb/3.5 headset adapaters I have.
    Cool. I'm interested in hearing whether the Moto micro/mini adapters work.
    do the razr2 or new Q headhphones work on the 800w? if so i would guess these adapters will work.
    better prices on various moto micro usb adapters and headsets:

micro to 3.5 audio $12 shipped
    http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Micro...bosnation0e-20

wired micro headset $7.50 shipped
    http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Stere...bosnation0e-20

mini to micro about $6 shipped
    http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-RAZR2...bosnation0e-20
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    The Motorola micro to mini adapter does not support audio... only charges the phone (at least mine didn't play audio)
    I thought that this audio/power adapter Palm now has up would have been a splitter for the charger and a 3.5 mm, but it's just a splitter for two micro devices. So if I have to charge the phone while I'm listening out of regular headphones (like I have to when I'm running the SlingPlayer), I have to have the splitter and the 3.5 mm adapter coming out of one of the sides. I hope someone eventually makes a solution better than this.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Nothing RC... you just cannot charge at the same time. BTW I may get the palm version and just cut the headphones provided with the device, splice in a 3.5mm plug. smh sadly -- shouldn't have to...
    Boy that thing is going to be fragile. I was annoyed with the 2.5-3.5 adapter on the 755, but at least it was able to roll around inside the jack. With this being fixed, I can imagine my clumsiness will have that thing damaged/broken in short time.
    Seidio is working on the audio adaptors just for Treo 800W. we will relase them soon.

Motorola one will not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMB Driver View Post
    Boy that thing is going to be fragile. I was annoyed with the 2.5-3.5 adapter on the 755, but at least it was able to roll around inside the jack. With this being fixed, I can imagine my clumsiness will have that thing damaged/broken in short time.
    Yep. I think insuring handsets is classic bad financial thinking along the lines of extended warranties. But you just know something is going to break on this baby so for the first time in ten years I might insure a handset.

Not only is the power connector worrisome per se, but keep in mind the great majority of us are going to have to plug and unplug that thing ten times a week as opposed to five we might be doing on our handsets now. do you think that connector is going to last 1,000 times being plugged in or out?
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    The Motorola micro to mini adapter does not support audio... only charges the phone (at least mine didn't play audio)
    Did it charge the phone.
    I bought one from Amazon and the thing is not charging my phone using a mini USB charger