1.    #1  
    So I am sure I am not the only one who purchased an 800w as a first WM device coming from a long line of PalmOS devices. The appeal of the hardware was too great not to at least check it out. I am now carrying my 755p as my main phone and an 800w on a SERO plan so I can learn WM. Yes, I am paying $30/month or $360/year just to have a gadget to play with.

In any case, as us PalmOS users start getting acclimated to the new WM world, perhaps a new thread discussing how to get certain functions we had on the PalmOS on our new toys. Here is my beginning list. Hopefully, not only will WM users be able to answer my questions, but we can all learn more tricks:

1) Calendar categories - I use DateBk6 and 2Day for my calendar. In 2Day I hide specific categories (my wife and business partner's schedules) which I can see in Datebk views. This way, when I look at my agenda, I only see my appts but I can easily see theirs too.

I found a way to filter calendar entries in the WM calendar. But it is a complicated procedure to go back and forth between filtered and unfiltered views. Also, on the today screen, there doesn't seem to be an option to filter. Is there anything I can do to match the Palm functionality?

2) Outlook - Chatter allows me to download only the last x days of subfolders. I definitely do NOT need 10,000 old e-mail messages but it would be nice to see stuff in my Old Mail folder from the last week or so. Any way to do that in Pocket Outlook?

3) Signatures - Can I have a choice of different signatures and "From" names and addresses (like SMTP profiles in Chatter) when using an Outlook E-Mail profile connected to an Exchange Server?

I am sure and hope there will be more questions. Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I can comment of question number 2. With an account on exchange 2007 server you can remotely search the server. I live by this feature, was so happy when it arrived in wm6 and exchange 07.
    Complete phone addict. Been on every carrier multiple times, paid enough in ETF's to buy a car :P
    ----------------------
    Now on: 2 phones share, 1000 minutes, Nights at 7, Unlimited txt, Unlimited data, Roaming, and PCS to PCS - $50. If they ever force a plan change for a new pda then back to AT&T I go!
    How about ringtones? I have mp3 ringtones on my 755p. How do I get them on the 800w?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    How about ringtones? I have mp3 ringtones on my 755p. How do I get them on the 800w?
    I've been using Ringo the WM version on my 800w now for the past few days, no problems as of yet.

Works great.. Lets not forget Style Tap as well to get all of your Palm OS apps working on the 800 too.

For the time being, I'm using SPB Time for my alarm clock. Still looking for something thats similar to butler. Also have TCPMP on as well, and its working great..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I found this thread with keyword Datebk. and yes I really do miss the nice integration between calendar and tasks. the tasks came with WM6 seem to lack many of nice feature in POS... such as "weight" 1-5 instead of priority High, Low and Normal. And why I can't edit right way?

and it takes like 3 tap to filter!! is there any 3rd-party can stream line this?
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Two features I miss:

1) On my 700p - Calendar day view, I used to just start typing to add a new appointment. Any ideas on how to accomplish that with the 800w?

2) I also used this calendar feature to take quick text notes (and later organize them). Any recommendations on what program I can use to quickly type a quick note (1-touch which i can map to a button).
    A Chatter almost application is FlexMail - it works well with IMAP and POP. You can also limit the download.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    Any recommendations on what program I can use to quickly type a quick note (1-touch which i can map to a button).
    The built in Notes app works quite well...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    The coolest program for notes that I just recently found is called Note2Self, it is the fastest way to get your thoughts into notes, at least it works for me.
    I wish I would have found it a long time ago.
    I am new to the WM platform too. I had a 650 and my wife has a Centro. I feel kind of stupid saying this but I have been spending a good part of tonight just trying to figure out how to send a picture to someone using their phone number instead of an e-mail address. The only option it seems to give me is to send it using an e-mail address.

I hope I am missing something. Please help……
    Quote Originally Posted by JR3399 View Post
    I am new to the WM platform too. I had a 650 and my wife has a Centro. I feel kind of stupid saying this but I have been spending a good part of tonight just trying to figure out how to send a picture to someone using their phone number instead of an e-mail address. The only option it seems to give my is to send it using an e-mail address.

I hope I am missing something. Please help……
    Nope... Sprint does not allow WM devices to send MMS (PictureMail). No one really knows why. Try sMMS for a working MMS app.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I just downloaded Ringo for WM and am anxious to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    I've been using Ringo the WM version on my 800w now for the past few days, no problems as of yet.

Works great.. Lets not forget Style Tap as well to get all of your Palm OS apps working on the 800 too.

For the time being, I'm using SPB Time for my alarm clock. Still looking for something thats similar to butler. Also have TCPMP on as well, and its working great..
    Thanks for the response about MMS. I am sorting through all of the different software options to try and decide if I want to keep this phone or just return it and wait for the Diamond to be released.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    anyone know how to get the excellant palm calculator to the 800w. I have styletao.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Installed Ringo WM and it works. However, from what I have seen with it, everything has to be in main memory. Does anyone know if there is a work around for the location of the MP3 files.