Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ****Poll has closed as of 8/4/2008****

If you already have your Treo 800w, click below to take my poll on how satisfied you are with it. I am using this information to assist those who are on the fence on buying this new device. I will also post results.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewf...GWw&email=true

** You can view the individual results of the poll by clicking the above link and scrolling to the bottom.

**08/04/2008 9:58pm
    Here are the results of the poll: 83 responses

Overall Rating - 4.22 out of 5

Would Recommend - 88% Yes, 12% No

Features Rating - 4.41 out of 5

Battery Rating - 2.48 out of 5

Call Quality - 3.54 out of 5

Display Quality - 4.10 out of 5
    Last edited by azkevman; 08/04/2008 at 11:57 PM. Reason: update results
    Everybody's opinion of the device will vary. I recommend that any one interested in the device, test drive it. Sprint has a 30 day, no obligation trial period. Give it a try and see if it works for you.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Done
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik View Post
    Everybody's opinion of the device will vary. I recommend that any one interested in the device, test drive it. Sprint has a 30 day, no obligation trial period. Give it a try and see if it works for you.
    True, but some people want to see others opinion of a device before trying it out. I figure this is a quick collaberation of results to help with that decision.

Plus I am curious how everyone will rate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    True, but some people want to see others opinion of a device before trying it out. I figure this is a quick collaberation of results to help with that decision.

Plus I am curious how everyone will rate it.
    noted, I actually took the poll before I posted. will be interesting to see the results
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    I took the poll as well however, this devices is definitely more than the sum of it's parts. My own responses include how satisfied I am with the device. Yet, this despite perception of below average to average battery life, call quality and screen quality. I think Palm has done a terrific job integrating form with function; software with hardware; ease of use with powerful features. Though some parts seem average, and she's not a beauty queen the package as a whole is simply wonderful. I'm glad I said I do to my 800w.

PS - anyone using an 800w as your primary unit should do the battery saving registry changes or download and run the cab file that does it. After four days I'm down from 3 charge cycles a day to 1.
  7.    #7  
    current results are now listed in the first post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post

PS - anyone using an 800w as your primary unit should do the battery saving registry changes or download and run the cab file that does it. After four days I'm down from 3 charge cycles a day to 1.
    Please explain yourself. I never heard bout no registry changes to fix the battery problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    Please explain yourself. I never heard bout no registry changes to fix the battery problem.
    Yes, where is this CAB file?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    do a search...its in the forum...
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    done
  12.    #12  
    Poll Results updated in first post as of 7/15/2008 11:48am
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I guess he means this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=battery

There is a link to the cab file in the first post. I will try it, would be cool if it works.
    Poll Results updated in first post as of 7/15/2008 11:48am
    I am pretty much in agreement with the results. I am not sure if I would rate the bvattery that bad at this point though. Jury is still out but it seems okay to me.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    If most of your results are from this forum, then your data will be skewed. You should have done it randomly so as to be fair. Unless of course this is just for fun.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    If most of your results are from this forum, then your data will be skewed. You should have done it randomly so as to be fair. Unless of course this is just for fun.
    I assume you are implying that people only come to this forum when they are having problems with thier device, and that would skew the data?
  17.    #17  
    Poll Results Updated in first post
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I assume you are implying that people only come to this forum when they are having problems with thier device, and that would skew the data?
    Actually, I was implying that since this is a Treo fansite the results would be mostly positive. If you went to another mobile site that was not geared specifically toward any device and then found ALL members who owned the 800w and randomly selected from that group, then that would be a fair sample.

But yes, it's a possibility that what you said could be true and could potentially skew the data. So basically this shows all the opinions of the members of a Treo fansite who took the time to answer the poll.
    This is the best phone ever!

Battery life is somewhat disappointing but everything else about his phone rules! I don't see how anybody could complain about the screen - it's amazingly clear and vibrant.
    I've taken your poll too. Overall, I'm very happy with this device. Perfect? No, but neither is the iPhone (although there are zealots who think it is). With a battery that has a bit more juice, this device could be as close to perfect to me as I could hope for though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast