Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The various bugs, lack of battery life, crippled GPS, awful earpiece quality and problematic screen resolution really hold the device back.
    No, it does not hold the device back. Had each issue been solved, the device would never, ever have hit the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    No, it does not hold the device back. Had each issue been solved, the device would never, ever have hit the road.
    Exactly... Just like everything else (Windows being a prime example) the philosophy is release then patch. Early adopters suffer through it and everyone else is unaware by the time something goes mainstream. That's just the way of technology.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    I guess he means this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=battery

There is a link to the cab file in the first post. I will try it, would be cool if it works.
    At first I thought it had no effect, but I've had relatively good battery life recently. Thanks Cody. I'm still not sure how those reg hacks can make the device that much more efficient, but the results appear to be there.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I'll say that the current firmware fixed a host of problems that truly rendered the device unusable during the test period... Be happy that it has as few problems as it does. The release firmware is much better than say, the release firmware for the Mogul. I can't wait to see what is coming in the future!

On a side note, I was wondering: Does anyone see a clock on the screen when the device is off? I had it on my preproduction phone until I loaded the production firmware, so I'm wondering if that (and the lack of status LEDs) was removed to make the firmware production ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Jack View Post
    I'll say that the current firmware fixed a host of problems that truly rendered the device unusable during the test period... Be happy that it has as few problems as it does. The release firmware is much better than say, the release firmware for the Mogul. I can't wait to see what is coming in the future!

On a side note, I was wondering: Does anyone see a clock on the screen when the device is off? I had it on my preproduction phone until I loaded the production firmware, so I'm wondering if that (and the lack of status LEDs) was removed to make the firmware production ready.
    I assume you are talking about the screensaver. Start -> Settings -> System -> Power ->Screen Saver and make sure box is checked.
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    The various bugs, lack of battery life, crippled GPS, awful earpiece quality and problematic screen resolution really hold the device back.
    You've been trashing the phone since day one. I doubt anyone here takes you seriously anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    I assume you are talking about the screensaver. Start -> Settings -> System -> Power ->Screen Saver and make sure box is checked.
    Hey! There it is! I guess it was just enabled by default in the previous firmware, and I could never find it in the new one. Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12