1.    #1  
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2325403,00.asp

i'm torn between a cheaper sprint plan overall (because of work discount etc) and the Iphone...help!
    isn't comparing the Treo 800W to an iPhone like comparing a nice SUV to a sports car? Different products for different users.
    Basically it's personal preference.

I heard the iPhone is great out of the box, but currently, not allot of available apps on it. The new iPhone just came out with GPS, but TomTom and Garmin, which I think are the 2 best, will probably not support it, yet.

800w is 99.99% perfect device, due to the cheap, flimsy stylus. There are allot of apps already available for it. The keyboard makes it easy for 1 handed operation.
  4.    #4  
    yeah, i love the functionality of the treo... being able to type/text easily etc. and lower subscription.

and the iphone would be more fun overall. I'll probably opt for fun instead
    For me it comes down to the network. In my area Sprint is great. I used to have AT&T and just can't bring myself to sign up with them again.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    But I could not stand the Iphones barely audible ringer volume.
    I absolutely need to hear the ringer.The 800s is a bit less loud than my previous 700P.But its sill clearly heard with it in the front pocket of a fanny pack.I set all phone ringers to "Ringer Loud"
    For work Im accustomed to ,and need to have one hand browsing while walking.
    The 800w FLIES through the web compared to the 700p and is much faster to navigate the web than the Iphone.
    Finally, I can keep my old contract @$50 month.
    I have to call retentions because they previously offered to lower my monthly bill as a valued customer.
    But even at $50 I will save $480 plus tax over 2 years .
    So with over $500 in savings compared to ATT contract Im thinking its a bargain.For SERO plan owners it would be a no brainer.
    (I mentioned the $199 price some on this site have received to the salesman and got a $50 credit off of $249.)
    for being a valued customer.So thats $600 &tax
    (over two years )cheaper than ATT.
    Looking like I'll definitely be keeping the 800W
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts